• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

ffs i really didnt want to fap today

iPFz3rj.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
sansa please sit on my face and queef till the sheep go mooo

oi

yurt

have you seen the finale

do you know what they set up in season 5

i am so excited

jaqen yesssssssssssssssss he better have his fucking og face and not that fucking creepy peddling face he transformed to
ME TOOOO! But I don't want to get my hopes up (again) :(

There's no way he's coming back, if you know what I mean, it will be different. And you know, I don't mind as long as they dub his old voice in lol, but that would be incredibly stupid and time consuming.

Meier

Did Dempsey break his nose last night?

Haven't heard anything about that. But thanks to Bender, I'm an expert, looked broken as fuck to me.

Yep, it was confirmed during Klinsmann's press conference. You could see Deuce pushing the pieces back together after it happened.. ugh, I'm shivering just thinking about that image.

The new J-Lo album cover.

photo.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
Haha, brilliant. He's probably a pretty typical height (like 5'9"+) but he's just next to two giants. Poor dude.

Meier did you see this:

Ghana look weak.

Reckon we can take the series 4-0 and progress to second rd.

BIDEN

come onto the field at the start of the third quarter

announce you are running for the presidency

release your cock into the wild

ask a ghanaian snake charmer to make it dance, dance my pretty dance

obamanotbad.png

merkel lie down and spread wide, let our tanks invade your borders

let our paratroopers drop into your quarantined zones

let our president put parts of him that only michelle and mitt know about into your bratwurst bun

america this is the moment we have been waiting for

let's win the world series

Are guys serious? It's the World Cup. Where countries from all over the world compete against each other. It's a competition and not some hippie love fest.

shut up you dam commie appreciate we fought through two world wars and a minor skirmish in the middle east to win the privilege to play at this tournament

Getting dangerous.

Only 4 mins left.

Come on US, hold on, no overtime!

4 minutes till what?

Um.. soccer/football matches are 90 minutes

90? That's a bit long, right?

Do they get breaks in between?

Yes. Games can last longer with overtime though.

Like two or three minutes each quarter?

No that's just compensation time for dead moments. Real overtime (draw in final for example) will be two half's of 15 min for 30 total. Unless Golden goal rule (not used at WC).

You can tie? Lol wtf

1-1 Would be a draw? That's why the overtime. If that fails it's penalties.

Oh okay thanks man

So penalties if Ghana gets the equalizer? And then it keeps going until 3-1?

No overtime or penalty in group stage games. Draw = 1 point. Win = 3.

There is only extra time in a knockout round, this is not. If they are even at the end of 90 minutes, it stays that way.

Overtime first after 90 min if Ghana can pull it off and it remains 1-1.
Then penalties. Not 3-1 per se, just there has to be a difference bigger then one in a penalty shoot out. One goal on your opponent is not enough.
Edit: sorry no penalties or overtime this match. Trying to watch, don;t have my head leveled atm. Penalties is only much further into the tournament.

Ghana can't goal for shit wow

Stop answering him, he is just trolling you lol

I'm not trolling i was very distracted. No penalties and overtime
I edited the comment but at usual the thread is moving to fast to be relevant (the edit).

Penalties?

Yeah if it's a tie they play overtime until the penalties and then until it's 3-1

Overtime is exactly four minutes long.

Only in the knockout stages, this is the group stage.

Yeah ok, and then penalties so it's ok

ah fuckin shit, that sucks. Tim should have got his hand in front of the pass.

wtf was Dempsey doing up the other side of the entire field?

At least we get to see golden goal (?)

No overtime/penalties during this phase of the tourney. Draws happen.

Tc91

#BEL side to face #ALG: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Dembele, De Bruyne, Hazard, Chadli, Lukaku

Chadli ahead of Adnan, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#BEL side to face #ALG: Courtois, Alderweireld, Van Buyten, Kompany, Vertonghen, Witsel, Dembele, De Bruyne, Hazard, Chadli, Lukaku

Chadli ahead of Adnan, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Godnan won't start yet, he's just made himself available for Belgium right before the World Cup , the "senior" players would riot if Wilmots started him. Mirallas (and others) didn't even want Adnan in the team.

Pretty surprising he's starting Van Buyten over Vermaelen, been a big debate over the past few days, neither of them doesn't inspire confidence though.

You can feel the hype in the streets here, cars been blowing their horns for 2 hours now, 12 years in the waiting. What a blow it would be to draw/lose against Algeria.

Belgium coach said he will always pick Chadli when he's fit

"I really like the player Nacer Chadli. I can use him as a winger or as a central attacking midfielder. He also has the right mentality. Nacer Chadli is a player that I will always pick when he is fit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom