• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

giphy.gif

wedward

Time for Roy to step aside.

The formation is not suited to these players. 4-2-3-1 with 3 strikers because he can't choose which one to play. Cole not going was a stupid move, Johnson got a great assist, but does that make up for how much of a liability he is the rest of the time?

Gerrard looked out of place alongside Henderson because the formation doesn't suit the team. Should have gone 4-3-3, then he could have played Barkley in the middle and then picked two wingers to suit the striker up front.

Also, why did we take Ox again? Injured for the first two matches (not his fault), should have left him at home for someone that was fit.. The golden generation has died a very horrible death

They hoped he would be ready for Uruguay, but he didn't make it.

fuenf

Yep.

I'd love teams like Mexico, Chile, Croatia to make a real fist of it, but out of the big guns it comes down to Italy Holland and Argentina.

Italy have too many and Yurt has gone full Blablurn
we need LVG back stat

Messi needs to shut all the haters up. Come on Argentina.

you can always go nuclear. come on swallow you british pride and join the dark side.

actually I can see Italy winning the next two which means....

Arnie

Happy for Suarez. Happy that people who hate Suarez have been mugged off.

We were never winning this competition anyway.

My footballing heart stopped beating months ago.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wasn't trying to go full Blablurn or anything, but you gotta admit, you guys have the most condescending fans around.

The things I read on twitter ffs

LTWheels

TONY.

PULIS.

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind this, if we have to have an English manager. He is tactically switched on and is good at picking a system to fit the players available to him. Good at making subs to change matches as well. His CP side is different to his Stoke side.

Arnie

Also I love watching Hodgson anguished. It's one of my favourite things.

He's genuinely on a par with Partridge, Brent and some of the Thick of It politicians.

He's a right laugh.

Wilbur

Banned
Player ratings

Hart - 2/10, almost let in two goals from fucking direct corners and moved out of the way of the goal. Shit.

Johnson - 4/10. Good assist but crap delivery and beaten too easy.

Cahill - 6/10 poor first half but second was the only one doing anything

Jagielka - 3/10 lacks the pace or nous to do anything at the highest level

Baines - 4/10 some decent deliveries in the second half, still weak defensively

Sterling - 5/10 dangerous at first but ran out of gas

Gerrard - 2/10 fuck off

Henderson - 6/10 actually tried and was doing the job of two men.

Welbeck - 5/10 dangerous running and some good defensive work but no end product

Rooney - 5/10 better second half but still a massive massive problem when it domes to team shape

Sturridge - 7/10 quiet first half but did things and got us going. Great work for the goal

K1LLER7

Only players I felt had a good game out there were Cahill, Henderson and Rooney. Everybody else was average except for a period of 10-15 minutes in the 2nd half.

Hope the national team moves away from the 4-2-3-1 and builds the team around the younger players. Get the likes of Flannegan, Clyne, Shaw, jones, Stones(?), Chamberlain, Sterling, Barkley, etc starting together and build towards the next tournament.

Not sure what will happen to Roy but wouldn't mind another manager.

Walshy

Time for Roy to step aside.

The formation is not suited to these players. 4-2-3-1 with 3 strikers because he can't choose which one to play. Cole not going was a stupid move, Johnson got a great assist, but does that make up for how much of a liability he is the rest of the time?

Gerrard looked out of place alongside Henderson because the formation doesn't suit the team. Should have gone 4-3-3, then he could have played Barkley in the middle and then picked two wingers to suit the striker up front.

Also, why did we take Ox again? Injured for the first two matches (not his fault), should have left him at home for someone that was fit.. The golden generation has died a very horrible death
Fully agree about the system, it was a complete disaster.

Two attacking full-backs is suicide unless you have a proper holding midfielder who can drop in-between the centre-backs to push out and allow them to operate as wing-backs.

Gerrard was a) not allowed to drop deep enough, he usually occupies a space between the centre-backs b) he was not played in a three anyways, which essentially made him playing in the space between the defense and the midfield, with no one to mark or occupy it, his mistake is inexcusable but it's making him adapt to a new role c) no way in hell should Gerrard not play in a three, any Liverpool fan should tell you that.

Arnie

Player ratings

Hart - 2/10, almost let in two goals from fucking direct corners and moved out of the way of the goal. Shit.

Johnson - 4/10. Good assist but crap delivery and beaten too easy.

Cahill - 6/10 poor first half but second was the only one doing anything

Jagielka - 3/10 lacks the pace or nous to do anything at the highest level

Baines - 4/10 some decent deliveries in the second half, still weak defensively

Sterling - 5/10 dangerous at first but ran out of gas

Gerrard - 2/10 fuck off

Henderson - 6/10 actually tried and was doing the job of two men.

Welbeck - 5/10 dangerous running and some good defensive work but no end product

Rooney - 5/10 better second half but still a massive massive problem when it domes to team shape

Sturridge - 7/10 quiet first half but did things and got us going. Great work for the goal
Ahaha why bother

They were all shit. We knew they'd be shit. Hodgson teams are always - objectively - shit.

Adding numbers and comments about dangerous running makes a mountain out of a molehill

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The people on 606 are getting progressively more drunk and more scouse

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ahaha why bother

They were all shit. We knew they'd be shit. Hodgson teams are always - objectively - shit.

Adding numbers and comments about dangerous running makes a mountain out of a molehill
I love you Arnie, I wish everyone was like you xoxo

Meier

Lost in all this due to the loss.. Godin had no business being on the pitch still. Was a straight red, let alone a second yellow. Should have probably received a red for the handball as is.

Wilbur

Banned
Why does England always underachieve in international tournaments?

I wouldn't argue we've consistently underachieved based on our team; two quarter finals and a second round loss all against better teams in the last few World Cups.

We just aren't very good and our media seem to think we are. That's it really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom