• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh I forogot you are right. I wouldn be surprised if Italy struggle a lot against Costa Rica, I'm not really convinced that they can succesfully be the "active"side in a match.
Elaborate.

We aren't a counter attacking side, unfortunately.

defel

1Iqm5JW.png

poor guy. feel sorry for him

Scum

Would go with...

Forster

Don't care - Jones - Smalling - Shaw

Don't care - Wilshere

Sterling - Barkley - Lallana

Sturridge

Doesn't matter, fuck it, stick Gary Neville in there.

Japan's anthem is funeral music, appropriate.
Bollocks to the 4-2-3-1

Croyles

Kagawa not playing?

Sigh.

What has happened. Seems like only yesterday he was tearing shit apart at Dortmund. Football is too fickle.

fuenf

Elaborate.

We aren't a counter attacking side, unfortunately.

yeah, but going by the match vs England I'm not really sure whether Italy can outplay a side that only wants to defend. I still think that you'll win 2-0 but it won't be easy / pretty.

Marc

Bollocks to the 4-2-3-1

Its not the system, its the insistence on playing 3 strikers in that system... which it is completely not made for. Roy just lacked balls to play 1 of the 3 strikers.

I am normally all for 4-3-3 but our midfield is so weak for proper CM's/DM's.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
when did this happen
since when was defeating costa rica such a big deal
this feels amazing

Welp that was shit lol. Wtf was Gerrard doing.... Cunt, should retire and jump off the plane while it's going back to England

Supporting Messi for the rest of this tournament, pls do it GOAT.

King_Moc

Banned
England need a manager that has a system and just picks the players that will fit it best. Sacrifice the ones that don't fit, I don't care if it pisses off a big name player. Stop playing players out of position when it's clearly better to just put someone there that can actually play there. And stop playing people because they used to be good once, ffs.

Basically, sack Roy and pick a young manager with actual ideas. And preferably a backbone.

I think they should ask Rodgers to do it (as long as he can also do Lfc at the same time).

Yen

I remember someone in this thread saying at the Confeds saying that Japan had a 100 year plan to dominate world football. Were they chatting rubbish, or is that actually a thing?

"@RobHarris: Suarez on beating #ENG: "I dreamt this. I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go.""

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
"@RobHarris: Suarez on beating #ENG: "I dreamt this. I'm enjoying this moment, because of all I suffered, the criticism I received. So, there you go.""
if i was suarez id be looking for another club right now

Wilbur

Banned
England need a manager that has a system and just picks the players that will fit it best. Sacrifice the ones that don't fit, I don't care if it pisses off a big name player. Stop playing players out of position when it's clearly better to just put someone there that can actually play there. And stop playing people because they used to be good once, ffs.

Basically, sack Roy and pick a young manager with actual ideas. And preferably a backbone.

I think they should ask Rodgers to do it (as long as he can also do Lfc at the same time).

Didn't you guys give Rodgers a lot of flak for never resting Gerrard or subbing him off?

Scum

Its not the system, its the insistence on playing 3 strikers in that system... which it is completely not made for. Roy just lacked balls to play 1 of the 3 strikers.

I am normally all for 4-3-3 but our midfield is so weak for proper CM's/DM's.
I think we'll do fine with the midfield we have. But Roy wilk need to drop players though...

D:

Welp that was shit lol. Wtf was Gerrard doing.... Cunt, should retire and jump off the plane while it's going back to England

Supporting Messi for the rest of this tournament, pls do it GOAT.
YES FREE!

Let Rodgers have his season in the CL. Then poach him the season after.

WJD

I remember someone in this thread saying at the Confeds saying that Japan had a 100 year plan to dominate world football. Were they chatting rubbish, or is that actually a thing?

ie.

"goodbye england i love tapas"

Mastadon

Banned
Didn't you guys give Rodgers a lot of flak for never resting Gerrard or subbing him off?

No, not really. There was a period towards the start of the season where Gerrard was still being played further forward and it clearly wasn't working. He was then moved deeper when he came back from his injury, and from there on out was one of our best players. I don't think anyone wanted him to play less once his role changed.

wedward

It's probably better to have a plan, even if it is a bit outlandish, than to have no plan at all.

About half the starting lineup was Liverpool players today.... Confirmed masochist fans?

Common amongst alot of English fans, especially in the North.

It's a bit of a fail safe - almost all fans of the larger clubs prefer their club to the national team but they all over egg it. Liverpool fans would have been loving it if England were doing well.

United fans were very similar, still are to a large extent, few years back. Feeling rose especially after what happened with Beckham. Not sure what Liverpool fans have to feel aggrieved about though.

defel

To be fair Roy has been sending all the right signals and has really pushed the younger players forward in the team. Sterling has started both games and Barkley has been used as a substitute several times recently. Thats why I hope to see him put out a young starting XI in the next game.

At the same time, English players generally lack the technical ability and mentality of the top teams. ENG havent reached their potential but tbh their potential isnt all that great either.

D_prOdigy

I didn't understand what was happening on his second.

it all seemed like somebody else's dream.

The last time I felt like that was when Darren Fucking Bent's header happened and cast Moyes into the flame of Udun.

it was just like

wat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom