• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Fucking meh.

Fuck me.

Compared to who I actually want at Arsenal, and who've been linked with, I think we could do better. No offense to him.

Oh yeah, forgot Khedira, I guess....sign of the future?

Bqhsa2GIQAAzIpj.jpg

Meier

Don't give a fuck who we play next. Find it highly unlikely Italy will beat Uruguay by the margin we'll require, and that we'll beat Costa Rica by a similar amount.

England is only -2. Uruguay is -1, so if you win and they lose to Italy, you're automatically even at worse with them. Costa Rica is +2 right now and will be +1 at best with a loss to Italy. If you win by 2 and Italy win the final two games, you're through. That ain't that hard. I like seeing Costa Rica do well as a CONCACAF team, but England should easily handle them.

3Sixty

Compared to who I actually want at Arsenal, and who've been linked with, I think we could do better. No offense to him.

Sure you could do better, everyone could.

But he has been comfortably better than any arsenal midfielder over the last 2 years.

operon

United fans forgave Ronaldo for getting Rooney sent off. Can't blame Suarez for wanting to get one over the English media. He will be great for Liverpool next season.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Is there really no RB better than Johnson?

0gTPUki.gif

Colombia to be the team with the best celebrations this cup? I hope so, they're gaining fame for it.

I also hope we don't get kicked out of the World Cup too early. I'll be happy with quarter finals.

Wilbur

Banned
0gTPUki.gif

Colombia to be the team with the best celebrations this cup? I hope so, they're gaining fame for it.

I also hope we don't get kicked out of the World Cup too early. I'll be happy with quarter finals.

I love your dancing. Think you could easy make the QFs. Colombia vs Uruguay would be fun.

Arnie

Day off work tomorrow, going to Sheffield to barbecue a small batch of meats and drink cider.

About to have a sensational wank.

Wilbur

Banned
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=117339041

Day off work tomorrow, going to Sheffield to barbecue a small batch of meats and drink cider.

I had one this morning that left me breathless.

Got a birthday to go to Saturday and Sunday, so two nights of clubbing in Kingston and then a work party Sunday night. Don't fancy going tomorrow but will have to make an appearance at least. Enjoy your meats Arnold.

Baki

This is like someone arguing they played well because their defence passed it to each other a bunch of times. Or when people watch Arsenal games and the opposition allow them to pass it around in completely benign areas. Uruguay played us like a fiddle in that regard.

Did you watch the game? Our midfield did absolutely nothing except get out of position and losing stupid balls.

An example of what I mean is something I posted at the time. We get an offside decision, Hart passes it into midfield. We don't even bother turning and looking up. We pass it back to a CB, then back to Hart who hoofs it. Wow, we kept the ball. Good job. Stats padded out with 3 successful passes, that's what matters. Maybe its a wording issue, maybe I have to clarify what I am saying. Keeping the ball in midfield area's, advancing through midfield, playing the smart option and trying to open the opposition defence. Our midfield did that? Well maybe I saw something different.

Our ball retention in the middle of the park was horrendous. Couldn't even throw a ball to our players.

Bumhead

Banned
I don't really understand the United comment, but a lot of them do.

A lot of the "core" Manchester United support are famously anti-England. First I've heard of anything similar from Liverpool.

Not saying it's a problem. Compared to the fact we are awaiting FA ratification of an owner who will secure our future and win us the Premier League in 5 years tonight's England performance doesn't register to me either.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Im always amazed at the England camp after going out, they always trot out the same "We were the better team" nonsense, frustrating when the people who played the game dont understand how bad it was.

Bumhead

Banned

Sounds absolutely perfect.

Hair cut, gym and football for me tomorrow, house warming party on Saturday. Can't wait.

cremino

Oh I forogot you are right. I wouldn be surprised if Italy struggle a lot against Costa Rica, I'm not really convinced that they can succesfully be the "active"side in a match.

We always struggle against this kind of teams..I will not be surprised if it ends in draw or even a defeat for us

Slizz

Meier, Kaka to Orlando? Big moves....

I've already conceded there will not be a Miami MLS franchise.

4 stadium proposals, 4 denials. Fuck Loria and the Marlins.

Once the main man in Dortmunds midfield, a few years later a bench warmer at a mid table premier league club, not even good enough for his home country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom