• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

I honestly don't. we don't deserve to go through, why would I give a fuck now

Do you give a fuck? You've gone off football since your hero fell over like an old man in a Lidls
This is about as important to me as The Emirates Cup

We're in pre-season

GorillaJu

... Costa Rica player goes in for 50/50, Cassano barges him over with both arms, then falls to the ground. Italy awarded with a free kick.

Salvadora

Wonder if this is at least partly because these South American teams are used to the climate while Italy are struggling with it.

Hoping these Balotelli rumours are wrong.

Come on guys i was being sarcastic. The guy is a strike victim
:(

VImCr0E.jpg

Arnie

Why do you not support England? Is it Roy?
I do, but I was laughing when we lost. I don't get distraught when England lose. It's just England.

It's a combination of The FA and Roy Hodgson. Why would I ultimately give much of a fuck. They're similarly incompetent.

And contrary to popular opinion I've never put much stock in World Cups and European Championships.

International football in general is an odd sideshow of part time nothingness. Don't doubt it's a fun distraction, though.

I've watched a lot of this World Cup. But I also watch all of Liverpool's pre-season.

Fintan

I do, but I was laughing when we lost. I don't get distraught when England lose. It's just England.

It's a combination of The FA and Roy Hodgson. Why would I ultimately give much of a fuck. They're similarly incompetent.

And contrary to popular opinion I've never put much stock in World Cups and European Championships.

International football in general is an odd sideshow of part time nothingness. Don't doubt it's a fun distraction, though.

I've watched a lot of this World Cup. But I also watch all of Liverpool's pre-season.

Yeah, I see what you mean. World Cups probably do get too much emphasis. Like the strange fixation people have on Messi having to win a World Cup before he can be considered the best. That's just dumb.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah, I see what you mean. World Cups probably do get too much emphasis. Like the strange fixation people have on Messi having to win a World Cup before he can be considered the best. That's just dumb.

The only thing that justifies that is the pressure they must feel to win a World Cup, but that's because it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy thing. Agreed anyway, don't know why he has to come into a side he only plays with four times a year made up of whatever limited resources your country could nationally have and win it to prove anything.

Scum

It feels proper weird knowing that we'll probably go into that match knowing it makes no difference if we win 10-0 or lose 10-0

Just hope Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge play well, if they play at all. Gerrard and Johnson's England careers should be over now either way.

Fuck knows who'll replace Gerrard. He's not good enough now to play DM in a midfield 2 (never has been) but he's not exactly keeping a load of DMs out of the team who are good enough
Hendo, Wilshere and Barkley in the middle, Lallana/Ox and Sterling behind Sturridge.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pretty cool (at least if you are into that kind of sim games) and it's only going to become better! Please treat me well in the game.

I like the idea of it and its £6, not too into buying unfinished games tho

I like the idea of it and its £6, not too into buying unfinished games tho

It's not like it's going to be cheaper when it's released. Buy it now and just play it later, I got it and only played for like 5 hours, will be waiting a bit more to keep playing. It's already pretty damn well working, not like the terrible game maker games all over steam that tries to scam you.

Hixx

Man I wish Prison Architect was like £3-4. That's a "fuck it, just do it" price.

£6-7 I WANT GUARANTEED PREMIUM QUALITY

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Man I wish Prison Architect was like £3-4. That's a "fuck it, just do it" price.

£6-7 I WANT GUARANTEED PREMIUM QUALITY

I choose to read this as 100% legitimate truth without a hint of sarcasm

Hixx knows!

Hixx

Man card selling on Steam is absurd. Like my wallet got filled with the pennies genuinely less than 2 seconds after I put it on the market.

Fintan

The only thing that justifies that is the pressure they must feel to win a World Cup, but that's because it's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy thing. Agreed anyway, don't know why he has to come into a side he only plays with four times a year made up of whatever limited resources your country could nationally have and win it to prove anything.
Similarly, would you guys say it's fair that Pelé is the widely accepted best ever off the back of 3 World Cups (and an impressive, if slightly dubious, goalscoring record?) I know he also did well at club level, but that was in South America. He hasn't won 3 European Cups and however many La Ligas like Messi has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom