• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

WGcz2Jn.jpg

Lace bra... wtf she doin?

Marc

Great goal by Sissoko, liked that a lot.

This is a rout.

Marc who would you have chosen to manage the team?

Ross Barkley?

Roy has got us playing as well as we have for years

Obviously results wise it hasn't been good, but the vitriol train for Hodgson is unjustified. He probably should step aside, but all this shit slinging is pathetic

Yes, Barkley. Or Lampard obviously.

In fact, you could stick any manager in there and they could do a better job.

not serious

I disagree, I think everything that is important to international football was completely pissed into the wind. Anyone with a bit of sense would have seen the line-ups and concluded we would get tanked. If you are Argentina you might play with 3 strikers, as they're that good. Currently that is one of our worst areas, and that is what Woy focused on... at the expense of playing more midfielders which are essential (especially for us). And put them in a formation that suited almost no one, which isn't even a set up made for 3 strikers. And yeah, we all make mistakes... so what was the lesson learned from the first game? Oh, messing about with the best players in that game to suit one guy and playing the exact same players.

Woy is a terrible manager and has done absolutely nothing to disprove that for me. His whole mentality and concept of football is pathetic, even if we won his statements are clueless. Suarez not world class, christ.

defel

He's barely tried to bring a team forward. The only addition to the team has really been Sterling. Barkley has unused ineffectively and brought on when it's too Late. He makes no genuine effort to try and change a game. He doesn't understand how to put a team together or understand what positions the players are good at playing.

I guess its just a matter of perspective. I think Roy did the best he could with the resources he had which essentially was a group of relatively average players, a few great young talents. England should do better, but not that much better. Ultimately our players lack the technical ability or desire other international players show. Thats more an endemic cultural thing within English football than specific managerial errors. Ultimately I dont think managers matter that much at international level. At the margins, yes, but switching between Capello, Hodgson, Redknapp, Lippi, etc won't really solve anything.

On the Italy game: watched it earlier and Italy legitimately played like England lol. I hope you Italians appreciate our pain! ;)

Both B2B midfielders in the box for that one. I love the way Deschamps has set this team up, so many runners off the ball ahead of a deep-lying playmaker.

Randdalf

We've had quite a few leave pompey and come to us.

Portsmouth don't really have an 'academy' so it makes sense i guess.

Yeah, Portsmouth's "academy" is pretty much a joke compared to Southampton's right now. I'm hopeful that they'll focus on improving it, but there's no reason to go there at the moment unless Southampton turn you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom