• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elchele

Sakho only taken off as a precautionary measure.

cRjADZt.jpg

hahahaha, good one.

Salvadora

His GF isn't that hot at all. The woman in the GIF is way hotter? IDK where he is. he is pissed that he is not included in the team. That shit hurts. When the French win he will be even more tight about it. I bet he won't go to the Euros either. Can you understand the pain he is in? I wouldn't be surprised if the find him hanged in his hotel in Dubai.
Holy shit :lol.

I'm having a really strange issue with Windows. Haven't been able to connect to the internet for 3 days now. System revert has done nothing, Windows can't find the commands i'm entering into prompt. Pls, it's the Steam Sale :(

FootballFan

Mention the words sport and drugs and guaranteed avaya incoming.

I didn't even see his post and said to this guy in world cup thread "you have called upon avaya " only to see he has already replied.

EVERYBODY dopes and uses performance enhancing drugs, we get it.

Edit

I apologise avaya, I shouldn't tell you what to post. Just don't see how it isn't tiring.

Blablurn

not sure if u guys agree but im a lil burned out by all those games. i feel like germany is the real deal and the big show while the rest only consits of small peasants who are just trying their best to survive. germany deserves the cup. everything else would just be a huge upset. thank god we're playing already tmw.

FootballFan

I actuall can't believe how many people think that really is Plug's sister

Yeah wtf lol.

I'm having a really strange issue with Windows. Haven't been able to connect to the internet for 3 days now. System revert has done nothing, Windows can't find the commands i'm entering into prompt. Pls, it's the Steam Sale :(

M8, do Wilburs troubleshooting. Does your phone still connect to the internet? If so, then there is no answer.

not sure if u guys agree but im a lil burned out by all those games. i feel like germany is the real deal and the big show while the rest only consits of small peasants who are just trying their best to survive. germany deserves the cup. everything else would just be a huge upset. thank god we're playing already tmw.

PaltryBruisedCur.gif

wedward

Mention the words sport and drugs and guaranteed avaya incoming.

I didn't even see his post and said to this guy in world cup thread "you have called upon avaya " only to see he has already replied.

EVERYBODY dopes and uses performance enhancing drugs, we get it.

But do you really understand...

"You can not watch any professional sport and think it's clean. If you think that you are genuinely delusional. Read the Armstrong WADA evidence, it is so incredibly damning to the concept that drugs testing works and that was in cycling which has a testing regime that is incredibly invasive and incredibly strict, the most stringent in sport by far. He never failed a single drugs test, apart from 1 in 1999 which he got off for on some BS medical excuse (which was later exposed as a cover-up).

Once you realise everyone is fucking cheating, some sports more institutionalised to it than others (the Omerta in football is very strong), you are basically leaving so much on the table by not doing it. Arsene got left behind on 'training methods' - this is a coded word. No conspiracy shit, it's obvious what they're referring to. He's a man sticking to his principles but at this point it's pointless.

If you want to understand the strength of the Omerta in football, just look at the treatment of Zeman for exposing Juve's mega-cheat nandrolone/EPO gang.

Italy's rise in the late 80s to late 90s was fuelled by new training methods i.e. the widespread use of EPO/nan. Spain's rise since is due to the advancement of blood doping techniques, micro dosed EPO regimes and hgH for better muscle recovery game-to-game.

Spanish doping is actually heavily institutionalised, the Operation Puerto case and the ordered destruction of hundreds of blood bags from the Fuentes clinic, bags which belonged to non-cycling client's is a damning indictment of the Spanish government. They are such incredible incredible cheats and the behaviour is borderline culturally acceptable.

Also look at the ostracisation of several German players who casually exposed the pharmacy culture in their national team (miracle in 1954 thanks to amphetamines) and clubs.

As a general rule, drugs are like WMDs in sport, once someone else has them, you are giving up such a massive advantage by not doing yourself. If you beat people who are on drugs there is an immediate (and rightly so) incredible amount of suspicion on you. The medical professionals who supply athletes say as much themselves.

The problem is with vested interests and money. The fallout from the football revelations would be one for the ages. But no one is paying attention and we go through the sham of joke-status urine tests.

I have to admit the Armstrong WADA evidence (i already thought he was dodgy given the sheer amount of claims made against him) was utterly eye opening for me personally and kinda took a lot of the joy out of watching sports for me. The ineffecacy of even the strictest of testing controls (blood passport pioneered in the wake of the Armstrong thing is full of holes) was jarring to me.

I'd prefer people be open and honest about what's really going on. Some people don't care, and fair enough, others are still locked in a fantasy world where they still believe in the righteous and saintly nature of their favoured sports teams/personalities (tennis fans in particular). But the sheer tribal nature of football just drew me back in. I still root for the asteroid to hit the stadium when Chavs and Mancs play each other. I still hate the Spudz.

No they do not use the same 'training methods' or 'diet'. Those are code for the most obvious shit in the world. There is only one reason a 35yr old playing in 30+degrees did not suffer cramp while players in the prime of their physical fitness succumbed to it.

Typical shit effort from the usual suspects. Typical EPO boosted performance from the Italians."

Hope that helps.

bud23

Lol

Sure, why not?

#Blaburnrespectsyouropinion
#PleasesupportGermany

Lets do it, bro.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
how did we do this
everyone is so happy
theyll be making a movie about this in 20 years
get Pinto a gold statue in the Parque Nacional
get them knighted
Everyone gets free meals forever
;-;7

wedward

"deserve"

you love that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom