• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't think we have good enough defenders. All of them are defensively prone in some way.

As much as I love Rafael and will love Shaw - they're not what you'd describe as solid and reliable defenders. The CB's - it's well documented.

Obviously we may buy some CBs but I haven't seen us linked with anybody yet who is a really reliable and consistent defender. And then there's a matter of adjusting to a new system and tactical plan completely which I think is going to take us a while to figure out.

I'm far more willing to go through an uncomfortable season of adjustment under LvG than what I saw under Moyes because LvG has a good track record of producing results. Hope we're not too shit though.

Not so long ago a group of posters were saying Varane is a bench player lol

Probably those twats saying Giroud starts over Benzema lol
You'll enjoy this

I'm far more willing to go through an uncomfortable season of adjustment under LvG than what I saw under Moyes because LvG has a good track record of producing results. Hope we're not too shit though.

Oh yeah, no doubt. It's going to be intriguing just to see us doing things in a totally different way.

One thing we will get is a fully motivated and powered RVP which is going to be a hell of a weapon again. Probably better than he was in his first season with us. It would be cool if Louis V managed to get Rooney and RVP playing together in a 3-5-2 but unfortunately I think that would be too slow a forward pairing.

Nasri and Ribery used to bully Valbuena over his height apparently.

“When I see them at the national side get-togethers, I prefer to make light of what went on because the story is over.’

“Despite it being over, I still have a bad memory of what went on. To be systematically singled out for bad jokes really hurts.

“Nobody else in the dressing room would have put up being targeted like I was. I was not ready to be subjected to that. I was too nice, but I am now made of harder stuff.’

Considering what the two of them look like... :lol

Blablurn

I will have a BBQ later with my friends. I'm one of those people who don't eat the whole day till the BBQ actually starts.

I'm starving right now. I feel weak. I feel nothing.

But hot damn. Once the meat comes. I'm going all out.

I will have a BBQ later with my friends. I'm one of those people who don't eat the whole day till the BBQ actually starts.

I do that sometimes if I know i'm going to have yummy food. But sometimes I've found that because I'm so starved I get full up really quickly. There's a science behind it and what the optimum level readiness is. I need to do more research

Enjoy your BBQ.

Marc

Gonna gobble up a frankfurter?

BBQ's are the best, might have one tomorrow if it stays sunny. Enjoy!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's hilarious. They got battered as well :lol
and he scored in the fire couple of minutes as well :lol
Is there any Internazionale fans in here? remember this?

aplaudiendo.gif

you've SHAMED your Chile avatar with this post.

and you've BUKKAKE'd your King Arturo Vidal, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Father of three Scudetti.

Blablurn

I do that sometimes if I know i'm going to have yummy food. But sometimes I've found that because I'm so starved I get full up really quickly. There's a science behind it and what the optimum level readiness is. I need to do more research

Enjoy your BBQ.

thanks bro! yeah, i thought about that too. but i just cant eat lil stuff. snacks dont do it for me :(

Gonna gobble up a frankfurter?

BBQ's are the best, might have one tomorrow if it stays sunny. Enjoy!

thanks bro! it will definitely be a sausage party
on the grill

FootballFan

Juve should focus on CL because Serie A is a joke league with no other big clubs that can put up a fight anymore. They aren't proving anything to anyone by winning the scudetto but crashing out of CL yet again. It's kind of like Bayern, few fucks are given when they win the Bundesliga because it is expected.

I could see why La Liga and BPL fans would care a lot more about winning those leagues though. I used to argue with La Liga and BPL fans about that but I've come around.

Yeah at this point it's a shock if juve/Bayern don't win their leagues. It really is that easy. Nobody else can win those leagues for now.

Ostinatto

and he scored in the fire couple of minutes as well :lol

you've SHAMED your Chile avatar with this post.

and you've BUKKAKE'd your King Arturo Vidal, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khal of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Father of three Scudetti.

Relax dude, enjoy the song, wait. Vidal won 3 CAMPIONATOs with Juve already? damn the time flies fast.

I like Inter cuz they always support south american players and cuz Zanetti, the guy is a Beast.

LegoArmo

If you don't win the league along with the Champions League, it doesn't actually count.

You can't be the best team in Europe when you're not even the best team in your league. Fact.

Salvadora

If you don't win the league along with the Champions League, it doesn't actually count.

You can't be the best team in Europe when you're not even the best team in your league. Fact.
By that metric, you may as well ask Champions League winning teams to win every major European league or else they can't wear the crown.

LegoArmo

By that metric, you may as well ask Champions League winning teams to win every major European league or else they can't wear the crown.

Some assumptions can be made. Being bested over 38 games in your own country is pretty indisputable. Never mind finishing 5th or 6th.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
England goalkeeper Joe Hart: "We done some good things in this World Cup apart from doing the ultimate: win games."

Absolutely no-one will remember us as being "unlucky" to go out, everyone ive spoken too and most level headed punters have said we got exactly what we deserved. Henry is the only one to point out that in the two games one team took their chances, one didnt, simple as that. It just so happens that every good chance fell to Rooney.

pulga

Banned

oh boy you heard the scotsman fellas, better return all those trophies

between this and the "lol doesnt count before the 90s" crowd, Madrid probably has like 1 CL

too bad, in the real world and thus history, no one gives a fuck what a bunch of nerds on a videogame forum think counts or not
Uus4Plt.png

So if the team that wins CL doesn't win their own league, there is simply no best team in Europe, or does it go over to Europa League champions? Or CL runner up?

Marc

Was just looking up Muller's amount of goals compared to Maradona's, he does have more goals, Thomas obviously. Not only that, but of the top 30 scorers, Maradona has the worst ratio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FIFA_World_Cup_goalscorers#Overall_top_goalscorers

I bet on Argentina to win by 3-0 or 4-0 by halftime. Expected a goal by now, now getting the feeling Iran will frustrate the Argies. :(

England goalkeeper Joe Hart: "We done some good things in this World Cup apart from doing the ultimate: win games."

Can't understand how we failed with such wisdom running through the squad.

Salvadora

Some assumptions can be made. Being bested over 38 games in your own country is pretty indisputable. Never mind finishing 5th or 6th.
But not all countries are equal.

England has at least 4/5 teams that could realistically compete for the league while Spain, for example, only has 2 when Athletic are torn apart this summer. Not to mention the huge financial disparity lower down the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom