• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

L1NETT

Don't really agree with that.

Was fine for us last year.

I want what's best for the club; if that means making Suarez train on his own until the football clubs sort out the business then so be it.

Not arsed if he throws a wobbler in a newspaper.

If he is going to one of these two and we can negotiate then I hope we demand players plus cash. Would love a £68 million plus Sanchez or Di Maria.

Fair

My point is you don't really want him leaving half way through August with all that money and no time to spend it.

Kinda different that last year with that confirmed CL football.

Scum

Fax? You need that tablet ASAP bb

You can order them by phone ahah, fucking first class beer

Recommend the Saltaire Blonde myself, lovely lager ale.
:D

It's a beast m8. I use it all the time.

Yeah. I bet you do.
ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Arnie

Fair

My point is you don't really want him leaving half way through August with all that money and no time to spend it.

Kinda different that last year with that confirmed CL football.

Well if it really is a case of us having the choice when he leaves (in other words if it isn't a release clause in his contract) then it won't be straight after the World Cup.

If it's another of these interpretation clauses then I don't think we'll sell him for anything less than Bale. More than likely £100 million. If the fee is up to us.

FSG are like that. They're about statements and reputation building and whatnot. They'd love to have that as a bullet-point on their sporting CV.

Andy Heaton going in hard on Duncan Castles; claiming his information is wonky.

Arnie

Who is Andy Heaton? Is he mates with Duncan Jenkins?

Lots of love for bombcast in this thread, but no love for crate and crowbar ;_;

One of the Anfield Wrap producers.

Bit of a bellend, to be honest, but in the past he's proven to know certain things about the club and there's no doubting he has many friends inside of it. Always in boxes and getting photos with players (Suarez included) and whatnot.

FuturusX

FuturusX is kind of a nightmare. Thank goodness he doesn't post much in here.

I'm a nightmare for trolling a guy who constantly trolled the World Cup thread before the US opening game and the Nigeria one today?

I gave him a bit of of own medicine that's all.

Slizz

The Arsenal-trolling in here is more dull than Drew Scanlon tbh

Especially since 95%of it centres around Ozil and repeated jokes about his opacity

Should still be able to ignore it.

All the United-trolling was one note last season. Didn't see many regular United fans here get all pissy.

One of the Anfield Wrap producers.

Bit of a bellend, to be honest, but in the past he's proven to know certain things about the club and there's no doubting he has many friends inside of it. Always in boxes and getting photos with players (Suarez included) and whatnot.

Sounds like someone who would know what Liverpool's intentions are then. But I expect Duncan Castles is coming at it from a different angle.

I might try it, but idlethumbs and bombcast is a fairly good mix for me.

Gets a eurogamer 8/10 from me

As good as Halo

I will pass.

Always have respect from Eurogamer. One of the few sites where I can disagree with their score but understand why they've given it at the same time.

The best review ever still goes to IGN for FM 09

What sports fan doesn't want to take control of his favorite team and guide it to a championship, or, better yet, a long string of championships? Well, if it means playing Worldwide Soccer Manager, you can count me in that number.

Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 gives gamers the chance to manage and coach 5,000 soccer teams from 50 countries around the globe, giving them the chance to manage every aspect of their team's roster, field questions from reporters at their team's press conferences, and coach their teams in real time as each simulated game unfolds. What it doesn't do, more importantly, is provide any compelling reason to keep "playing."

Although the game's database of more than 350,000 real-life soccer players is certainly impressive, only the most diehard fans of the sport would be able to appreciate having such a massive pool of talent to sift through, and the casual fan would almost certainly find the task overwhelming – I did.

The game's incredibly complex menu system is very difficult to navigate, even with the on-screen help box directing you through the process. In short, this game is extremely difficult to simply pick up and play. If you're unfamiliar with the franchise expect to spend a significant amount of time simply trying to figure out how to navigate the menus.

Worldwide Soccer Manager's presentation problems don't end there though, once you finally make it to your team's first game you'll find that the player renderings and animations are awful, and the stadiums you play in lack any kind of personality or detail. Each field is bordered by fences and what appear to be unfinished stands, which don't have any fans in them. And, when the ball is kicked off of the pitch, it passes smoothly through the surrounding fences, right through the stands, and disappears from view only to return to the field in the same fashion, appearing magically from the stands and passing through the fences (and goals) on its way back into play.

Then there's the sound, or lack thereof. There is no soundtrack that plays while you work in the game's menus, which you'll spend the vast majority of your time in this game doing. There is no audio narration to accompany your participation in press conferences, even though your options for how to respond to each question is incredibly limited. There is no audio commentary to accompany the action in the simulated game's you watch/coach. In fact, the only sound we found in the entire game was the tones of fans cheering as each simulated game played out – which only detracts from the game's feel of authenticity seeing as there are no fans rendered in the stands.

As far as traditional gameplay goes, there really isn't any in Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. Apart from managing your roster and coaching your team, there really isn't anything to do at all. So, unless you really enjoy clicking on menu buttons, you'll find your interaction with this game extremely disappointing.

However, if you're a big footie fan and big fan of sports simulation, you'll be extremely impressed with the depth of Worldwide Soccer Manager, which allows you to control just about every facet of your team and draw from a player pool that is simply mindboggling.

Closing Comments
This game obviously aims to provide the deepest soccer simulation experience possible for the sport’s most passionate and informed fans, but it offers little to nothing that would appeal to a casual fan of the sport or to the average videogame enthusiast. The menus are complex and difficult to navigate, graphics are terrible, the sound is non-existent and there is no traditional gameplay to speak of. I couldn’t imagine why anybody would prefer Worldwide Soccer Manager to FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2009.

2/10

Play fifa or pes instead pls

Suen

No we didn't.

Wait, what?

We all know Moyes wanted to fulfill his six something years contract. Poor soul.

So many strange things have happened here today:

Man Utd gaf killed Salva.

Bla went mental and provoked Timu.

Timu only appears when PSG/France/Anything French are successful.

Perez kills Liverpool gaf.

Barzul pretends to be Nigerian so he can laugh at Dzeko and City.

A fake Wooden impersonator appearing in whatsapp.

I just can't discuss Halo with anyone. I play it and it feels so underwhelming and middle of the road, like watching a Christopher Nolan movie everyone tells you is really good.

L1NETT

I can't wait to play Halo 2 solidly end of this year. Fuck all else coming out (except Civ and Far Cry)

You guys are party poopers

Name me a better console shooter

Go on

Also Jupp you never ever miss an opportunity to shit on Halo hhaha

But I ain't going anywhere m8

I can't wait to play Halo 2 solidly end of this year. Fuck all else coming out (except Civ and Far Cry)

You guys are party poopers

Name me a better console shooter

Go on

Also Jupp you never ever miss an opportunity to shit on Halo hhaha

But I ain't going anywhere m8

Just, like, a lot of them. Like the ones that don't run at 30fps, have floaty physics and have bullet sponge enemies, for starters.

The Prestige is really good

It is, quite. Entertaining, not going to write home about it though.

Suen

I have problems getting into console shooters. Like I'll enjoy the campaign, play a few rounds online and then lose interest. Will just hope that new UT will get me back into playing a shooter on PC again.

What the ones with ADS, a short TTK, tiny skill gap and shoddy MP systems

Not for me

Right back at ya! <3

Don't understand why ADS and short TTK is bad when it's higher stakes gameplay. Also I'm amused by the assumption that one game has a preferable skill gap because you're a bullet sponge (oh but look melee!).

L1NETT

Don't understand why ADS and short TTK is bad when it's higher stakes gameplay. Also I'm amused by the assumption that one game has a preferable skill gap because you're a bullet sponge (oh but look melee!).

What does that even mean. It's an FPS, not the World Series of Poker

Higher ttk = higher skill gap

Especially on consoles with such copious amounts of auto aim

@wooden. Fair point, my am used to that controller. Sowwy

And neither of you have named a better game. :)

What does that even mean. It's an FPS, not the World Series of Poker

Higher ttk = higher skill gap

Especially on consoles with such copious amounts of auto aim

@wooden. Fair point, my am used to that controller. Sowwy

Skill does not just mean aiming, it means manoeuvring to make a shot and the ability to make an accurate shot before your opponent. Which, you know, probably takes as much skill as strafing in a circle bunny hopping whilst unloading two clips at your opponent I would have thought.

L1NETT

Is that what higher stakes gameplay means?

Help me here

If you are saying Battlefield/COD is more skillful game than Halo I think we should take this outside :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom