• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

You know, I think you're right. Olanda it is then!

Chile is good I suppose but dammit Zabo, if I'm gonna bandwagon I wanna do it in style and go for one of the big boys!

Never France for obvious reasons

Chile is a good call, actually. Olanda and Chile, then. I love Pogba, but yeah, lol.

Blablurn

I respect Bla's opinion.

a09r4XZ_460sa_v1.gif

Feorax

Liverpool should sell him for £60m + Sanchez.

A player swap deal is the only way I could see him going, since I struggle to see even Real or Barca putting forward a £100m+ offer.

If Barca offered £70m plus Sanchez I'd be tempted, although it would need to be done pretty damn soon. Last thing we need is to be sitting on a fortune at the end of the window with no time to spend it.

so get Sanchez, and 70 mil for Suarez? sell lucas, agger/skrtel, reina. Get Javi Martinez, Varane, a decent LB and a decent LW? good transfer window?

I actually forgot Johnson exists, so we need a good RB too.

Feorax

Barca should low ball with ridiculous installments and see how Liverpool like it.

3Sixty pls, we were the pioneers of telling players that contractual obligations don't mean shit if we don't want to sell.

so get Sanchez, and 70 mil for Suarez? sell lucas, agger/skrtel, reina. Get Javi Martinez, Varane, a decent LB and a decent LW? good transfer window?

Depends on how they gel. I'd probably want a RB too, but we're getting close to Spurs summer 2013 territory here.

No point talking about Varane. Even if we sold Suarez to Madrid themselves, there's no chance they'd be willing to let him go

YES!!!

Well it was supposed to be N Sync but ALAS ;(

Good, you know why? Because I want Verratti next to Pirlo. And for Pirlo to go back to his preferred deep lying position, DDR was a fucking NIGHTMARE there. Moving Pirlo to the left was Allegri-esque ffs, hopefully this injury will put an end to it.

And no more Thiago FUCKING Motta. Truely the Brazilian Cleverley, except he ain't no deity.

I don't think this is happening any time soon tbh. The definitive version currently is the PC port. In the meantime, don't miss out on Demon's Souls and DS2! They're both just as good.

The problem was not DDR. Him an Pirlo have played like that for three years now. The problem was Motta and Marc hisiocoming in and occupying the same space as Pirlo. Motta only plays in that area and Pirlo had to move around to the left because rhat was where the only real space was. Marxhisio was meant to be a winger
Berardi pls
but does not play there so stayed in the centre too. The midfield was far too crowded by our own players.

Verratti does need ro play because he is intelligent enough to get more forward and allow Pirlo space back there. It also allows Pirlo to move forward when Verratti plays there and worked well against England.

Motta needs to only come in and kill games off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Italy probable (3-4-2-1): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Verratti, Pirlo, De Sciglio; Candreva, Marchisio; Balotelli

Italy alternative (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Sciglio; Balotelli, Immobile

How do you like that humble pie, Prandelli?

Italy probable (3-4-2-1): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Verratti, Pirlo, De Sciglio; Candreva, Marchisio; Balotelli

Italy alternative (3-5-2): Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Darmian, Verratti, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Sciglio; Balotelli, Immobile

I want to see Balotelli and Immobile, but Pran said it was unlikely.

Suen

He'll put on Paletta in your last game and Paletta will proceed to screw you over; Parma's revenge will be complete. Take that FIGC you bunch of hairless corrupt goat-chewed cocks.

GorillaJu

I'd be really nervous about our team if we lost Suarez in exchange for just about anyone, including someone like Sanchez. Fuck the money, I want to keep the PL player of the season.

TeddyBoy

I don't see us going for Javi Martinez, I don't think we've been linked at all and I see Can as taking Gerrard's place in midfield next season.

I doubt we'll get Varane as I don't see why Madrid would sell him (but if we did sell Suarez to Madrid he should be the first player we ask for).

We're trying to get left backs, worst case scenario we end up with Bertrand.

We'll get either Shaqiri or Lallana or both, but if we got Sanchez in player exchange I'd really wonder how this would all fit together.

I'm going to agree we Fearoax and say we shouldn't swap too many players when it could unsettle the dressing room, I don't think there's too many ego's in the dressing room right now and I'd like to see that continue.

There is another.

definitionofgettingflannod.gif

Also we have Wisdom to return from Derby, we can use him.

I think De Sciglio will cost us the second place. He's not fit, I don't think it's wise to put him in. If only Prandelli would've brought some more LB instead of 15 unused strikers, wingers and so on...

Also, Candreva? Again?

I think De Sciglio will cost us the second place. He's not fit, I don't think it's wise to put him in. If only Prandelli would've brought some more LB instead of 15 unused strikers, wingers and so on...

Also, Candreva? Again?

yeah true, even more difficult him playing as a wingback compared to a normal fullback.

Chipotle

we still have money from owners and getting 2nd place/champions league too

I think the money will be there but Sanchez and Martinez and Varane all moving is a bit of a longshot, them all going to Liverpool is even less likely. Seems like you only get transfer windows going so smoothly for one or two teams a year and even then it's quite an ask.

But it might just be that I'm scared of Liverpool.

Dream: Keep Suarez, make the necessary improvements by selling expendable players and using money we already have available
Optimist: Sell Suarez and replace him with Cavani and Sanchez. Sell expendable players, and buy a centreback, Moreno and Martinez with funds from CL qualification and other available money
Realist: Sell Suarez and expendables, buy replacement**, Shaqiri, a CM, Moreno and a centreback
Pessimist: Spurs MkII, buy Bertrand and other players who simply aren't good enough to take us where we want to go

*on the assumption that he's normally better than the performances I've seen from him
**fuck knows who, there's a huge gap between the players I'd want, and the players we could realistically get

WJD

Had a dream that Luke Shaw was sitting on my road in a Ford Fiesta gutted about going out the World Cup. I go over to him and say "Luke lad, don't worry, you'll play at least 9 or 10 times for Manchester United this season."

And that was that.

Blablurn

Had a dream that Luke Shaw was sitting on my road in a Ford Fiesta gutted about going out the World Cup. I go over to him and say "Luke lad, don't worry, you'll play at least 9 or 10 times for Manchester United this season."

And that was that.

Damn. The last Manchester season didnt do you well.

Looks like Suarez isnt the only Liverpool player making a move to his dream club.

Bienvenido, Raheem.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/73608589e0ff9f015db1c3799f32ee31/tumblr_mtlx08rI5Y1r3me0lo1_250.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Imagine if it came true.

How would you Liverpool fans feel?

Walshy

The fact that the Suarez to Madrid story comes from Duncan Castles destroys nearly all of it's credibility.

The fact that it bases Suarez leaving around two issues that were a problem before he signed his new contract and the fact that he thinks we only put the release clause up to £67m :lol

No wonder he is freelance now.

Moyseh

---

The biggest change to Belgium came when Marouane Fellaini was introduced for Moussa Dembele, midway through the second half. It's difficult, in modern football at the top level, where the structure and organisation of opponents is so good, to find tools that can make a difference and suddenly break the pattern of a game. But that's Marouane: he's a difference-maker.

It's because he is such an unusual player. His size is such a threat to the opposition. He's technically gifted, especially when it comes to chest control, and he's formidable in the air — though, actually, I feel he should score more headers than he does. He can run. He has brilliant fitness, a brilliant attitude. He's hard to categorise: not really a No 10 and not a controlling midfield No 4 but more what they say on the continent is a No 8 - a box-to-box midfielder who has great ability and physical presence in both penalty areas.

What we saw him do against Algeria was what I brought him to Manchester United for. He took time to settle at Old Trafford but in the final month of last season was becoming an influence, a different sort of player to the ones already there and one who was having an impact in games and helping produce goals. I feel he still has the potential to go on and be a good United player.

I felt for him over the criticism he took. He's a shy boy, a humble boy, a quiet personality. Despite appearances — the hair makes him look like an extrovert — he's a gentle, sometimes emotional, soul who is so desperate to do well and he was hurting because he wasn't able to show his true self at the start of his United career. That was partly because of injuries. There was a lot of pressure on him from day one.

Without going back over old ground regarding last summer's transfer window I want to make two points. The last thing we wanted was to make him my first signing as United manager and only signing of the summer. That was always going to bring too great a spotlight upon him. But by the time we got to deadline day the club hadn't been able to close a couple of big deals and there was no choice.

Marouane was never seen as someone who would play 45 games a season. He was coming in to provide an option, a different, more physical threat, to those United already possessed, who could be deployed in the right situations.

"He's a shy boy, a humble boy, a quiet personality. Despite appearances — the hair makes him look like an extrovert — he's a gentle, sometimes emotional, soul who is so desperate to do well and he was hurting because he wasn't able to show his true self at the start of his United career. "

hahahah what is this, gentle, sometimes emotional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom