• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Guards not being alerted to hundreds of blokes flying through the sky around them, dangling from balloons is dense. It looks stupid and it is stupid. I also get the feeling a lot of the missions are going to be diluted and generic. Find the intel, scan the intel, extract. Fire and forget stealth jobs in a generic open world.

And don't get me started on Mother Base. Fucking christ.

wedward

if Guaridola's Barcelona (or really any of the dominant teams of the last few years) had been proven to have been doping, would that diminish their achievements in people's eyes? or would it be more of a "everyone was doing it, not a real competitive advantage/big deal/whatever" type thing?

Everyone is doing it.

Also the reason Barca were so good wasn't because they could run all day or were fitter than other teams.

Technically they were on another planet.

All though they did press like crazy.

And honestly as long as they keep it safe, I'd prefer that they do dope. I want to see players fit and at the highest level they can be.

jtb

Banned
Everyone is doing it, it's an open secret.

I agree.

here's a more pointed open question: if Messi or Ronaldo were proven without doubt to be doping throughout their career, would they no longer be in the GOAT conversation?

(I'm totally on board the Guardiola-doping train, fwiw)

wedward

I agree.

here's a more pointed open question: if Messi or Ronaldo were proven without doubt to be doping throughout their career, would they no longer be in the GOAT conversation?

No. It's not like cycling or track.

Individual skill is the most important thing in football and doping isn't going to change that.

I agree.

Maradona was on cocaine so everything goes.

pulga

Banned
I agree.

if?

jmWtIvS.gif

jtb

Banned
tbh I don't mind Messi doping as long as his ballon d'ors all have asterisks next to them

drogba wuz robbed

hiroshawn

Banned
Doping only give you a 10-15% boost after you've neared you natural potential. So juicing isn't a shortcut it's an boost you can use after you're at the near max of your potential. The average joe thinks that he can juice and become Lance Armstrong or Arnold Schwarzenegger, THAT's 100% false. It takes hard work and years of training.

His team made quite a few chances, he fucked all of them bar the one 'offside' chance.

Did you watch the same match as me? No fucking speed over the wings whatsoever, and nearly every single cross was horrible. It was terrible from most of them, could be the humidity but everything they did just looked painfully slow and got Nigeria back into their positions most of the time.

Anyway he didn't seem to give much of a shit while the rest of his team mates looked devastated lol

pulga

Banned
Doping only give you a 10-15% boost after you've neared you natural potential. So juicing isn't a shortcut it's an boost you can use after you're at the near max of your potential. The average joe thinks that he can juice and become Lance Armstrong or Arnold Schwarzenegger, THAT's 100% false. It takes hard work and years of training.

what about potassium doping tho

wedward

There is a clear link between doping and being able to put those skills to use.

Of course it's beneficial. If you feel great after 60 minutes as opposed to having dead legs you are going to be able to continue to play at a high level.

I just think it's so apparent that Messi's skill level is so beyond everyone else's that he is still the GOAT in my mind even if he were caught doping.

The biggest advantage to doping is recovery time. Huge help when you are playing every three days. I don't think Messi would have stayed as healthy as he did during that 3 year run had he not been doping.

Yes it doesn't make you superhuman it just gives you a marginal advantage. Don't think anyone's arguing otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom