• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

If you prefer twitch shooters PC is the way to go
It's just a matter of taste anyway. There are great shooters on console and some prefer playing them that way, nothing wrong about it and naming a better game is subjective. Just play whatever you want and if anyone has problems with you playing console shooters and liking them tell them to piss off (after you know what team they support)

Suen

I prefer it not taking 20 minutes for me to aim precisely somewhere... and I do enjoy a decent FOV, just looking at that e3 footage of FPS games made me sad... Why.
A bigger FOV is one of the things that fucked up UT badly with UT 2003 (and it remained pretty much the same in UT 2004). Everything felt so fucking weird, so big and wide. It felt the game didn't scale properly with the fov.

Peripheral vision is for casuals.
my man.

A bigger FOV is one of the things that fucked up UT badly with UT 2003 (and it remained pretty much the same in UT 2004). Everything felt so fucking weird, so big and wide. It felt the game didn't scale properly with the fov.

Yeah some engines definitely weren't designed for it.

Zabojnik

There will never be another band like Pink Floyd, will there?

David%20Gilmour%20Live%20Picture%20(102).jpg

The one true GOAT.

The Chinese social club parts in this guys video are always great though. They really hate him.

The dudes video's are funny, but the idea of being and old man sat in a car eating McDonald's fries and then preceding to (presumably) squeeze ketchup into his mouth is just soul crushing.

I bet he wished he spent more time on message boards arguing about Halo, though.
Fuck Halo.

The dudes video's are funny, but the idea of being and old man sat in a car eating McDonald's fries and then preceding to (presumably) squeeze ketchup into his mouth is just soul crushing.

I bet he wished he spent more time on message boards arguing about Halo, though.
Fuck Halo.

I don't know, seemed like that old guy was having a pretty good moment there.

Is England knocked out already? And the USA may move on?

LOL. Fuck the Bugle for taking a Hiatus. I want to hear Andy whinge.

Ingurland will be moral champions.

GorillaJu

The whole PC vs Console shooter thing has always been about which is 'better', but we're talking about games here. Which one do you enjoy playing with more? There's the answer. I like both.

OH BABYY

ONE OF US

ONE OF US!

Is it your first Souls game? Are you planning to play 2? Did u rike it? Could it get any GOATer?

Excuse the late as hell reply:

First souls game, want to play 2 but am waiting to see if they announce a next gen port, YES, NO.

I had the game on my backlog for so long, kept playing it in fits and starts but never really committed. Everything clicked after I rang the first bell and I couldn't put it down since. Started NG+ almost immediately after I beat it.

DDR is dead.

Hopefully this is an omen and he doesnt play again in the tournament after the second game until the final like in 06.

Pringles was going to roll a 3-5-2 against Uruguay with De Rossi playing as sweeper apparently. I guess he'll just use the Juventus back three then?

Tubie

Spanish press says RM and Barca are fighting for Suarez, but Liverpool is asking for 100m. I rather RM just keeps and gives Benzema a new contract and then spend all the money we have on a new GK.

Casillas is done, and Lopez is average (at best).

Herr K

Banned
Spanish press says RM and Barca are fighting for Suarez, but Liverpool is asking for 100m. I rather RM just keeps and gives Benzema a new contract and then spend all the money we have on a new GK.

Casillas is done, and Lopez is average (at best).

Lopez is not average. He saved your ass many times.

Excuse the late as hell reply:

First souls game, want to play 2 but am waiting to see if they announce a next gen port, YES, NO.

I had the game on my backlog for so long, kept playing it in fits and starts but never really committed. Everything clicked after I rang the first bell and I couldn't put it down since. Started NG+ almost immediately after I beat it.

Pringles was going to roll a 3-5-2 against Uruguay with De Rossi playing as sweeper apparently. I guess he'll just use the Juventus back three then?

I I was wondering when the 3-5-2 would be busted out. Makes sense for Cavani and Suarez. Not sure who would make up the five. Marchisio, Pirlo, Motta would be in for sure, although hopefully Verratti for Motta. Front two would suggest Balotelli is dropped seeing as Pran could not see him playing with Immobile. Maybe Immobile/Insigne up front.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YES!!!

There will never be another band like Pink Floyd, will there?
Well it was supposed to be N Sync but ALAS ;(
DDR is dead.
Good, you know why? Because I want Verratti next to Pirlo. And for Pirlo to go back to his preferred deep lying position, DDR was a fucking NIGHTMARE there. Moving Pirlo to the left was Allegri-esque ffs, hopefully this injury will put an end to it.

And no more Thiago FUCKING Motta. Truely the Brazilian Cleverley, except he ain't no deity.
I don't think this is happening any time soon tbh. The definitive version currently is the PC port. In the meantime, don't miss out on Demon's Souls and DS2! They're both just as good.

GQman2121

Banned
Hello everyone.

I've had the flu all week and the motherboard on my PC fried on Wednesday morning.

I purchased a new notebook today and Windows 8 is doing my head in. Why would anyone prefer this tile nonsense over previous versions? I get that it's based around touching the screen. But literally all of the shit in the tiles is stuff I can do without. I've been spending more time uninstalling and deleting blocks than anything else. It's so strange.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FIFA is doing urine AND blood testing this time, according to Italy's chief medic

The whole World Cup will be cancelled now innit

And
Costa Rica launched an official protest to FIFA after seven of their players were taken in for doping tests rather than the usual two.

Zabojnik

So

Who are we going to support after we get Suarez'd on Tuesday?

I've been thinking about it yesterday. I don't know. Holland maybe? I know it's a team full of cunts and everything, but I'd rather they win it than Brazil, Germany and the like.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Draw straws

Seriously

We need Draw-straws technology/application.

I've been thinking about it yesterday. I don't know. Holland maybe? I know it's a team full of cunts and everything, but I'd rather they win it than Brazil, Germany and the like.
You know, I think you're right. Olanda it is then!

Chile is good I suppose but dammit Zabo, if I'm gonna bandwagon I wanna do it in style and go for one of the big boys!

Never France for obvious reasons

3Sixty

Which three new players would you introduce to freshen the squad?

JB Stones, James Ward-Prowse and Calum Chambers. Stones can turn into an exceptional ball-playing central defensive; Ward-Prowse is a young midfielder who can pick a pass and is comfortable in possession and can play as a ‘pivot’, while Chambers is another accomplished defender who can play at fullback or in the middle.

PH Stones is the only obvious one. But there is untapped strength outside the starting XI. Shaw, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Barkley, a fit Walcott, Wilshere if he can stay injury free. Hodgson needs another wave to come through from under-21 level.

AS Stones, Ward-Prowse and Jack Butland. Stones is that rarity, an elegant centre half who can carry the ball forward. Ward-Prowse is sharp and bright, incisive in his midfield play, whilst Butland’s potential in goal should start to be realised.

JW Cork is that rare thing; an English holding midfielder who plays regularly for his club side. Right back remains a weakness – Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne and Calum Chambers are both worth a look. And it would be nice to see Wilfried Zaha regain his confidence.

JWh With our inability to maintain possession, you wonder what Tom Huddlestone has done wrong. He might add some control. Andros Townsend and Walcott would be fruitful additions after injury.

ML Hodgson brought the young players in to freshen his squad for the World Cup, but needs a new right back. Southampton duo Clyne and Chambers are both worth a go in the position.

---

The Telegraph want every English saints player called up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom