• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Guys

Guys

Did you hear that?

Some fans of a lesser team are getting uppity lol

The worlds best striker is still Carlo Costly.

untitled-5jmj4o.gif

pulga

Banned
Damn, very honest and humbling interview from CR7

"Maybe we're an average team," he said. "It would be a lie to say that we are a 'top' team. We have many limitations and suffer from injuries such as with Pepe [who was suspended] and [Fabio] Coentrao. This limits us a lot. We have a very limited team and we are not at the best level. This does not enable you to beat top teams.

"There are no miracles. We knew we would have a tough group, with perhaps teams better than us. I never thought we could be world champions, we have to be humble and know our level. I'm not a hypocrite, I never thought we could win the tournament "

The 29-year-old was not as candid about the knee injury which has troubled him since the end of the domestic season, but did hint at the extent of the problem and insisted he would battle on.

"I don't want to justify myself by talking about my physical problems, that's water under the bridge," he added.

"I'm here, I'm fighting, I'm trying to do my best, I'm running, and obviously it's no use talking about my issues.

"Every day there's something new in the papers about my knee, and about this and that. That's why I don't want to justify myself. I'm here body and soul to help the national team."

Ronaldo also admitted Portugal looked tired against Jurgen Klinsmann's men in the humid conditions of the Amazon, but did not feel able to expand on that fully due to his own struggles.

"I'm not the most adequate person to answer that question, especially because I don't have the moral high ground here since I haven't been playing the way I would hope lately.

"Obviously we had a very long season, but every team here did as well. They were also playing the Champions League and cups and leagues, so it's something everyone else could point out as well.

"I don't think we lost [sic] the game because our players lacked attitude. Every team comes here to win. We knew we weren't favourites, we have never been.

Poor dude. Im still having nightmares about that Ezro dude or whatever the fuck he was called. The shittiest one. You know who.

Jack cw

Jack. Did you hear something? For a second I thought I heard fans from some minor teams responding to my last post. But maybe it was just the wind outside.

Well it sure weren't England fans you hear.

And poor Ronaldo.
What he says sound really honest, but its not the time for appologies yet. Long season and CL is something many other nations had too. Portugal has a poor midfield and rather mediocre coach.

Was woken up by the fucking elderly care today, thought my door was locked but apparently not, all of a sudden this woman was in my apartment, calling me Peter and asking if I wanted a morning shower. Now I regret my decision to say no. How hard is it to look at door numbers.

Messi

Was woken up by the fucking elderly care today, thought my door was locked but apparently not, all of a sudden this woman was in my apartment, calling me Peter and asking if I wanted a morning shower. Now I regret my decision to say no. How hard is it to look at door numbers.

Was this a sex dream?

Feorax

Echo confirming we've formally registered interest in Alexis Sanchez.

If we get him, I hope we pay just over £35m for him. I'm sick of our record signing being Andy fucking Carroll.

bjaelke

If we get him, I hope we pay just over £35m for him. I'm sick of our record signing being Andy fucking Carroll.

His price might go up if Chile continues their raid in the World Cup.

Messi

This UFC Game is so good for trolling online. People can't do the ground game so I Just hold them down and baby punch to avoid being stood up. This dude was shouting into the mic "STAND AND BANG, STAND AND BANG MAN. FUCKIN PUSSY." 3rd round I stood up with him and knocked him out with a wheel kick.

BANG MOTHERFUCKER.

TeddyBoy

I remember being in college with Sky Sports on in the background, it was heart breaking knowing Torres was going and then even more heart breaking that we were going for Carroll for £35m :(

Sanchez went to Baracelona for €26m and bonuses, I'm sure we could justify paying £35m for for him.

Barcelona paid €45m for Alexis to Udinese. is that £36m?

Wikipedia said €26m and €11.5m in bonuses, I don't know if these bonuses were paid since I don't know what clauses they were linked to, but where did you get €45m from?

Sanchez is worth £35m.

He is ugly as hell but its funny that a supporter of a team with Kevin Großkreutz in the squad talks about aesthetics.
Kevin isn't that ugly to be honest. Sure, he's not exactly good looking but Schweine or Müller aren't that much better and they get away with it.

And he sure as hell doesn't reach Jeremies levels.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Anyone else read this from yesterday?
Harry Redknapp says he dealt with players at Tottenham who tried to avoid England duty.

Probably Bent, Dawson and Lennon...

EuvEO5Z.png

The old twat is just running his mouth, players of every nationality try to dodge international duty. How many times last season was there an international break and suddenly players start pulling out with 'injuries' yet miraculously recover in time to start the next club match?

Dawson wouldn't skive anyway, he's not the type. Lennon might, maybe Crouch towards the end when he wasn't playing much.

Smeghead

BHGYOTI.jpg

So glad we're going back to 3-5-2, Prandelli needs to stick to a formation. Not sure how Immobile and Balo up top will be like.

Also fuck Motta, the guy should be no where near this team. Melt him down for glue.

Ostinatto

I remember being in college with Sky Sports on in the background, it was heart breaking knowing Torres was going and then even more heart breaking that we were going for Carroll for £35m :(

Sanchez went to Baracelona for €26m and bonuses, I'm sure we could justify paying £35m for for him.

Wikipedia said €26m and €11.5m in bonuses, I don't know if these bonuses were paid since I don't know what clauses they were linked to, but where did you get €45m from?

Sanchez is worth £35m.

My bad, you are right, i misread the data, those €11.5m in bonuses are just for the player?
damn!!

Scum

The old twat is just running his mouth, players of every nationality try to dodge international duty. How many times last season was there an international break and suddenly players start pulling out with 'injuries' yet miraculously recover in time to start the next club match?

Dawson wouldn't skive anyway, he's not the type. Lennon might, maybe Crouch towards the end when he wasn't playing much.

That's what I thought. Especially friendlies. Seems like 'Arry playing the "This mob would never skive off from international duty, if I was in charge" card. Hope the old bugger isn't allowed anywhere near the national team camp.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BHGYOTI.jpg

So glad we're going back to 3-5-2, Prandelli needs to stick to a formation. Not sure how Immobile and Balo up top will be like.

Also fuck Motta, the guy should be no where near this team. Melt him down for glue.
this looks fucking great. Verratti over fucking Motta, Pirlo in his preferred position again (Allegri-esque move by Prandelli moving him to the left) and Darmain in place of Abate.

ironically, Balotelli is the immobile striker in that partnership.

Blablurn

I just did a Selfie Video of myself wishing my Chinese teacher good luck for her marriage :/ She asked for it. For some kind of wedding Video. That was awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom