• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
U20 WC is in New Zealand next year! Who's coming!

Meier or Bialystok, which FM wonderkids will be GOAT?

The Germans will have a scary team. That's probably their best Generation since the 88/89 one with Özil, Müller, Hummels etc.
Watch out for Max Meier, Serge Gnabry, Leon Goretzka, Donis Avdijaj, Julian Brandt, Timo Werner, Niklas Stark, Niklas Süle, Jeremy Dzudziak and so on

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
a fair deal that.

But I'm not sure Alexis will accept being shopped around like this. Unless he really wants Liverpool.

Swap plus money never happens anyway, it's complicated. It'll just end up being Money for Suarez ---> take some of it back for Sanchez.

Would be a great deal for Liverpool imo. Sanchez could finally play like he plays for Chile without being bound by that Tiki Taka and Liverpool would have enough money to buy some quality starters

bjaelke

Swap plus money never happens anyway, it's complicated. It'll just end up being Money for Suarez ---> take some of it back for Sanchez.
luyAsIi.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
http://i.imgur.com/luyAsIi.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Right! Ibra-Eto'o was way too complex too, and they undervalued Eto'o significantly (I assume for tax purposes). We still don't know how much they paid for him, which I guess suits Barca and Inter :lol
[quote="Haribi, post: 117831545"]Would be a great deal for Liverpool imo. Sanchez could finally play like he plays for Chile without being bound by that Tiki Taka and Liverpool would have enough money to buy some quality starters[/QUOTE]
But what about Sterling :(

Sanchez is fucking magnificent, he'll be good wherever he goes.

Haribi

But what about Sterling :(

Sanchez is fucking magnificent, he'll be good wherever he goes.

Sturrdige upfront, Sterling on the left and Sanchez on the right? Would be a great trio imo

As main striker? Hmmm. I think it'd be wasting Sturridge to play him anywhere else.
No as an AM.

"Number 10", but not really playmaking. Just free do do as he wants. I am sure he can be an effective player from wide too in a system which isn't as rigid as Barca's. Just think he does best with that freedom.

King_Moc

Banned
No as an AM.

"Number 10", but not really playmaking. Just free do do as he wants. I am sure he can be an effective player from wide too in a system which isn't as rigid as Barca's. Just think he does best with that freedom.

Oh, could be a better version of Coutinho then maybe? And still play Sterling on the right.

Oh, could be a better version of Coutinho then maybe? And still play Sterling on the right.
Well I can't really remember how Liverpool play anymore as I basically refused to watch Liverpool play since March.

But - in a 442 diamond thing I think he could play at the tip but also the front 2 were very fluid so if Suarez did leave I think he would be quite effective up there too. I just think he is so dynamic and quick and powerful through the middle that he can cause plenty of damage there. He really would suit Liverpool perfectly.

Hopefully it doesn't happen. It fucking better not happen.

Well I can't really remember how Liverpool play anymore as I basically refused to watch Liverpool play since March.

But - in a 442 diamond thing I think he could play at the tip but also the front 2 were very fluid so if Suarez did leave I think he would be quite effective up there too. I just think he is so dynamic and quick and powerful through the middle that he can cause plenty of damage there. He really would suit Liverpool perfectly.

Do you think he would suit Arsenal? Add a bit of depth to our front three?

King_Moc

Banned

You'd rather we kept Suarez? I'd rather keep him, but I figured everyone else would be happier with most other alternatives.

Do you think he would suit Arsenal? Add a bit of depth to our front three?
Yes. I think he's better than the other players you have here. Although Ramsey was so good playing centrally but he'd be better than Podolski/Ox/

*DISCLAIMER - Arsenal fans do not read on you might find the next word offensive*

Özil/Theo.Iit's more that I just see him fitting with Liverpool well though. He's a great player and would work well in the PL at any team.

Yes. I think he's better than the other players you have here. Although Ramsey was so good playing centrally but he'd be better than Podolski/Ox/

*DISCLAIMER - Arsenal fans do not read on you might find the next word offensive*

Özil/Theo.Iit's more that I just see him fitting with Liverpool well though. He's a great player and would work well in the PL at any team.

Fair enough, hope we seriously go in for him if he is available, he's brilliant.

LTWheels

Our forwards all interchange, so it doesn't really matter who starts out wide or in the centre. Take the goals that Sterling has scored this year. Most of them were him coming through the centre rather than from out wide.

Like said swap deals rarely ever happen. Too complicated.

Most likely too separate deals.

If Suarez leaves this summer, I can see a nice bidding war occurring between RM and Barca. Especially as this summer is Barca's only transfer window for a little while. That desperation.

dc89

It's Zidane's birthday!

the greatest player I have ever seen with my own eyes.

and thanks for headbutting Merdarazzi, he had it coming.

It sure is. And he's got himself one helluva birthday present:

BqxWmRmIcAA0YNJ.jpg

The signature of Pogba on a Madrid contract.

LTWheels

supposedly a lot of our interest in Sanchez comes from our scouts who use to work for City. Apparently when they were at City they pushed for Sanchez.

Feorax

If Suarez leaves this summer, I can see a nice bidding war occurring between RM and Barca. Especially as this summer is Barca's only transfer window for a little while. That desperation.

After everything that went on with the Neymar transfer, I'll be stunned if Barca can afford Suarez outright this summer. Especially as they have a defence and midfield to rebuild.

pulga

Banned
It's Zidane's birthday!

the greatest player I have ever seen with my own eyes.

and thanks for headbutting Merdarazzi, he had it coming.

The true GOAT. Never have I seen a more elegant player on the ball. Amazing how he carried a mediocre french side to the 2006 final.

It sure is. And he's got himself one helluva birthday present:

The signature of Pogba on a Madrid contract.

untitled-5jmj4o.gif

You'd rather we kept Suarez? I'd rather keep him, but I figured everyone else would be happier with most other alternatives.
Well I mostly just meant Sanchez at Liverpool as I really like him.

Obv if Suarez goes then it makes you weaker but it does depend on how the team changes and who replaces him etc.

FWIW I don't see Suarez leaving. I don't think Liverpool would sell for £80m or maybe even £100m.

Fair enough, hope we seriously go in for him if he is available, he's brilliant.

I'm sure you will. Lots of teams will. He will have alot of options.

From what I've seen I think a Griezmann is better for Arsenal though. He seems to really add width and be effective from wide areas which IMO you lack.

Feorax

Speaking of Barca, they've been very quiet considering the current state of the team. Xavi basically gone, same with Dani Alves, Fabregas sold, Puyol gone, the only one they've actually replaced so far is Valdes. I'd have expected them to do a lot more before the world cup.

Feorax

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 2m
Barcelona ask 25M for Alexis, who already has a 5-year personal deal with Juventus. The Italian club could offer swap with Llorente. [ts]

Juve still look like frontrunners, although what Barca would do with Llorente is beyond me.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve still look like frontrunners, although what Barca would do with Llorente is beyond me.

Llorente is 1000% not leaving, we're running out of strikers. No one is left except for him, Tevez and Giovinco now..

I told you guys about the contract agreement, but that's the easiest part in any transfer anyway, and it doesn't mean anything. ;_; we've lost COUNTLESS of targets after supposedly agreeing terms with them.

Speaking of Barca, they've been very quiet considering the current state of the team. Xavi basically gone, same with Dani Alves, Fabregas sold, Puyol gone, the only one they've actually replaced so far is Valdes. I'd have expected them to do a lot more before the world cup.

They signed Rakitic also.

In buying two new first teamers they've probably done more than any other major club in Europe.

Apparently a deal in place for that other GK too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Madrid also seems to be in for Verratter lol

but according to the papers we're in for Ramires so every single one of them can do one

going for Verratti would make more sense since Carlo already knows him inside out.

I don't know, but I think it's gong to be either Vidal or Verratti, you won't go for both of them surely

Perez ruled out a move to Pogba a few weeks ago, so maybe next season?

Feorax

Ah, forgot about Rakitic. I think that still leaves them pretty light in options for midfield though. Same with their back 4.

It will be interesting to see who they go for once the tournament ends.

Ah, forgot about Rakitic. I think that still leaves them pretty light in options for midfield though. Same with their back 4.

It will be interesting to see who they go for once the tournament ends.
They still need players, but nobody has really done much pre WC. Considering, I think they've done alright to get those two done at least.

Think they'll get Marquinhos for CB.

pulga

Banned
going for Verratti would make more sense since Carlo already knows him inside out.

I don't know, but I think it's gong to be either Vidal or Verratti, you won't go for both of them surely

Perez ruled out a move to Pogba a few weeks ago, so maybe next season?

Hopefully it'll be Verratter, no need to weaken Juve by taking Vidal. And if they do, hopefully Juve will buy Marco. LETS JUST KEEP THEM ALL IN THE FAMILY OK

unesco-cup-2-2.jpg

SPS legend like us

HNNGGG YES MOYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom