• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Serie A GAF. We're being linked with Lodi from Catania. He's 30y so I'm sure that will help tremendously with the average age at the team. Our midfield is dead (moreso with Parolo set to leave) and I guess he's not the WORST midfielder out there (seeing Wooden's tears when he scores a goal against Palermo will be a great experience) but I'm not sure how much he'll improve the midfield. We need someone who can link up really well with our attacking players, is he good at it? I've barely seen him ply, people just seem to praise him for his FKs....to be fair we do lack a player who takes good FKs

Razor554

Speaking of Barca, they've been very quiet considering the current state of the team. Xavi basically gone, same with Dani Alves, Fabregas sold, Puyol gone, the only one they've actually replaced so far is Valdes. I'd have expected them to do a lot more before the world cup.

We signed Rakitic to replace Cesc, Ter Stegen to replace Valdes, Bravo(will be announced this or next week) to replace Pinto. We still have to replace Puyol, Xavi and Alves. Most likely scenario is that we sign one pure CB and one RB that can also play CB aswell, as Lucho has said that Mascherano will be playing in midfield in his Barça so that pretty much means we will sign two CB:s and sell Song(if someone actually wants to buy him).

I just hope Zubi doesn't sell Alexis to Rubentus...

I see Andre Marriner has found himself a summer job
ad_138652295-e1403519602183.jpg
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/23/doh-h...k-obama-with-englands-chris-smalling-4772252/
Sorry if old

Linius

I'd like to have Suarez at Barca just so I could see him play more and because I would bloody hate it if he'd end up in Madrid. But I'm not sure how he would fit in with Messi and Neymar.

Feorax

The excitement.

It's amazing how suddenly everyone knows everything about this transfer. It's almost as if people are rushing to break the big football story of the summer...

FWIW, none of this is really news;

- Madrid want Suarez
- Suarez would be happy to go there
- Liverpool will sell for the right price

It's just funny that all of these articles also neglect to mention

- Suarez has done nothing to kick up a fuss and suggest he will try and force his way out, like he had done this time last summer, and how Bale had started at this point last year.
- Real or Barca still have to meet our asking price, which I suspect both are flinching at a bit otherwise they would already have done so. It's not like his price is going to drop if he keeps his current WC form going.

I'm not naive to think he definitely won't go, and we all knew there would be speculation overload this summer, but I've seen nothing that suggests anyone knows anything substantial right now.

I'd like to have Suarez at Barca just so I could see him play more and because I would bloody hate it if he'd end up in Madrid. But I'm not sure how he would fit in with Messi and Neymar.

He doesn't, and he doesn't really fit with Ronaldo and Bale either, at least not as well as Benzema. Unless Ronaldo actually does cripple himself at this World Cup and his playing career is over, Suarez is £90m of player that neither side actually need.

LTWheels

ffs, Sky Go no longer free on consoles. Stays free on phones/tablets.

Have to pay Sky £5 per month in order to use on consoles...

Makes the switch to BT easier, considering you can get Sky Sports on BT, and BT Sport are out bidding Sky...

Walshy

I can't see either Barcelona or Madrid meeting the price Liverpool want anyway.

Liverpool held firm when they finished 7th and had no Champions League. Why wouldn't they this year?

Also, I'm more inclined to believe the Echo, who have said that Barcelona have made no approach for Suarez or even mentioned an interest whilst we was having discussions over Sanchez.

Hixx

ffs, Sky Go no longer free on consoles. Stays free on phones/tablets.

Have to pay Sky £5 per month in order to use on consoles...

Makes the switch to BT easier, considering you can get Sky Sports on BT, and BT Sport are out bidding Sky...

What the fuck?

Sky are a disgrace. More and more people are turning to piracy (especially for sport) so they do something that will send even more people to it.

Absolute fucking morons.

Hixx

@GraemeBailey 5m
Four clubs in talks with Norwich over Robert Snodgrass - Sunderland, West Brom, QPR and Hull CIty - all likely to agree fee.

Well if we can't beat those 3 shithouses to him we might as well give up. But if we sign him we also might as well give up. More dross. Will we ever learn.

pulga

Banned
@GraemeBailey 5m
Four clubs in talks with Norwich over Robert Snodgrass - Sunderland, West Brom, QPR and Hull CIty - all likely to agree fee.

Well if we can't beat those 3 shithouses to him we might as well give up. But if we sign him we also might as well give up. More dross. Will we ever learn.

I dont know how you do it baby

You are a hero among men

Meier

Snodgrass is a pretty solid player and a proven success in the PL. You could do a lot worse.

Hixx

Give over. We already have three in his mould of squad-player-at-best in Larsson, Bridcutt and Gomez. We don't need another.

Croyles

I think I didn't give the WC thread enough credit. Anyone who can post this

This world soccer trophy has proven that Clint Dempsey is in the top three most valuable players in the world. The USMNT have proven how good they can be, and I think they will be strong favourites going into next years world soccer tournament. The team should be able to beat the German team comfortably, the Germany tie against Ghana proved that.

and have people take it seriously is a genius.
The only thing that doesn't fit in that comment is the one about Germany, I actually think it's very possible that the US could beat us.
Still, 10/10, amazing work Lance.

TeddyBoy

Give over. We already have three in his mould of squad-player-at-best in Larsson, Bridcutt and Gomez. We don't need another.

I was going to ask you how Bridcutt was going, he joined last Christmas for you but didn't seem to make any impact at all. Guessing he isn't the player you wanted him to be?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
GdS: Fernando's brother told his friends in Torino that a move (swap) to Barca is not out of the question

Weak source.

Tevez-Alexis sounds promising, assuming Tevez doesn't request a transfer to Argentina or Disney land next season.

Hixx

Poyet dropped Cattermole for him. I think we won one game when he started (3-0 against the Scum).

Poyet dropped him for Cattermole. We won 4 on the spin and stayed up
wtzgU.gif

Barzul

Don't want to see Suarez leave the PL. His sheer comedic value is enough for me to want him to stay. It does however make Liverpool much weaker if he does leave.

Slizz

Grow with us

BBC| ENG 0-0 USA

That's what will be in the top-left corner of my TV screen at the start of the 2018 Final

Lol, we're fucked for that cup. No Dempsey most likely, probably still fucking Altidore being our best 'striker' and Howard also might not be involved....

Wilbur

Banned
Just finished Fargo. What a fucking good show. That and True Detective in the same year, yeezy. And Fargo was better! Who the fuck would have thought that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom