• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Just finished Fargo. What a fucking good show. That and True Detective in the same year, yeezy. And Fargo was better! Who the fuck would have thought that.

What'd you think about the finale of Fargo? I almost felt a little let down by it. I was pleased with what happened in the episode, but I dunno, just lacked a little bit of the punch of the lead up IMO. Kind of hard to put into words, but it sort of lacked a standout scene perhaps. Amazing show though, certainly tied at worst with True Detective for best new series of the year.

Zelalem is playing for Germany bro.

We'll see. If he was intending to do it, I don't think he'd have turned down the U-17 qualifier which would have locked him in. He's at least leaving himself open to the US. He self-identifies as an American, so #IBELIEVE.

Wilbur

Banned
What'd you think about the finale of Fargo? I almost felt a little let down by it. I was pleased with what happened in the episode, but I dunno, just lacked a little bit of the punch of the lead up IMO. Kind of hard to put into words, but it sort of lacked a standout scene perhaps. Amazing show though, certainly tied at worst with True Detective for best new series of the year.

I thought it was real good, except
Lester's ending seemed a little rushed.
Really liked everything else though, ending was perfect for the other characters.

omgkitty

Gedion Zelalem and Julian Green plus Junior Flores, who needs a striker.

screen-shot-2013-01-05-at-20-18-24.png

That looks like a Germany jersey to me.

Linius

I want to say that Fargo shits on True Detective, but that would be unfair. But I know I favour Fargo over TD any day. But except for the fact that they're both anthology series they're very different from each other in almost every other way.

But what a year we're having so far. The Americans, Fargo, True Detective, Game of Thrones and Mad Men all delivered big time. Then we've had good stuff from House of Cards, Justified, Hannibal and Silicon Valley. Still have to finish Orange is the New Black. And pretty sure Orphan Black will be in my good tier as well, really like the season so far.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just finished Fargo. What a fucking good show. That and True Detective in the same year, yeezy. And Fargo was better! Who the fuck would have thought that.
Way better.

Billy Bob :lol fucking fuck me what an actor :lol

[Spoilers as MASSIVE as Manchester City]
new cast for S2 sounds good to me too!

Hannibal S2 is still the best show this year. The step up in quality is unbelievable.

Wilbur

Banned
Way better.

Billy Bob :lol fucking fuck me what an actor :lol

[Spoilers as MASSIVE as Manchester City]
new cast for S2 sounds good to me too!

Yeah, Billy Bob was absolutely brilliant. Never really fancied him as an actor aside from in a few things, but you could tell he loved the character

Need to start Hannibal

Meier

http://arsenalyouth.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/screen-shot-2013-01-05-at-20-18-24.png[IMG]

That looks like a Germany jersey to me.[/QUOTE]

He's only played in friendlies so it's irrelevant. He trained with the US U-15s initially but couldn't play obviously. I wish our citizenship laws weren't such a bitch.. as long as his dad officially becomes one in the next 7 months, he will be one as well.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, Billy Bob was absolutely brilliant. Never really fancied him as an actor aside from in a few things, but you could tell he loved the character

Need to start Hannibal
Please 'endure' season one, it's fucking worth it. S2 is GOAT-tier.

Ser Goje

The only let down for me was the similarity to the movie. I knew everyone's end. I hope they have a really different story for Season 2.

I want to say that Fargo shits on True Detective, but that would be unfair. But I know I favour Fargo over TD any day. But except for the fact that they're both anthology series they're very different from each other in almost every other way.

Yeah, but I don't see TD winning anything though. Why didn't they file it as a mini series?

Meier

Why couldn't he play for USA?

Genuinely don't have a clue what his situation is

He moved to the US in 2006, played club soccer for awhile and trained with our youth NTs. Someone recommended him to Arsenal and they swooped in and signed him up. Although his dad is a permanent resident of the US for long enough to become one, he hasn't received citizenship yet. There's a law though that if a parent becomes a citizen before a child turns 18, then the child becomes a citizen as well.

Big rumors in May that they were together in DC and his dad was getting his citizenship happening but nothing has been corroborated since. Zelalem turns 18 in January so there is still plenty of time though.

Yeah, but I don't see TD winning anything though. Why didn't they file it as a mini series?

I'm glad that HBO didn't do that. That shit is a cop-out. Unless it's truly a one off, the shows should stand on their own against other standard drama fare.

hiroshawn

Banned

We'll see. If he was intending to do it, I don't think he'd have turned down the U-17 qualifier which would have locked him in. He's at least leaving himself open to the US. He self-identifies as an American, so #IBELIEVE.

He would be a great acquisition.

Linius

The competition is strong for the awards. Filing it under mini series is almost a guarentee for Billy Bob to win something. But I bet he also would have ended up with the five nominees if it wasn't filed as a mini series.

We're close to sell Zaccardo to Balikesirspor. First time I hear something about this team but I already love them.

Also, Contento might be one of our targets if Constant leaves and Mustafi from Sampdoria: Bundes/BayernGAF, any word about them?

Meier

Rekik won't play more than 10 games for City

We're bringing him back from loan and aren't willing to let him go out next season but he's publicly said he wants another if he won't get significant time. Should be interesting to see what happens. He's a good young player but you're probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom