• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Don't really see anything special about Shaw other than he's future proof. He will probably grow in a top player, but we need to someone who will be strong for us straight away.

Shaw was the best LB in the league last season. Of course he'll be strong for you right away.

would you date her, footy gaf?

_X3u5Yw3.jpeg

Nope

AlexBasch

Heck, I really doubted Mexico but they have a winning attiude this time. SA 2010 was a fucking wreck and Argentina proved it.

Now Netherlands? Shiiiit.

Meier

Shame that thread was closed prematurely.

Great read on what it takes to be a goalkeeper: http://www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2014/02/21/confessions-teenage-goalkeeper/
I had this reply lined up:

The goal is a lot fucking bigger than it seems on TV. I've tried to play it before.. man, it's tough stopping shots from amateurs on a regulation size goal, let alone pros. Sprained my wrist something fierce (hurt off and on for months) too saving a fairly routine shot due to how my hand bent backwards. It's insanely difficult, especially if it's kind of one sided and the keeper has to spring to life out of nowhere. You can't ever let your guard down.

would you date her, footy gaf?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/472197711681159168/_X3u5Yw3.jpeg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is this the girl who did that web show with Felicia Day about WoW/Everquest? The Guild, that's it.

King_Moc

Banned
Shame that thread was closed prematurely.

Great read on what it takes to be a goalkeeper: http://www.thefalsenine.co.uk/2014/02/21/confessions-teenage-goalkeeper/

I played in goal for a bit for my work team. Apart from reacting to people shooting a few yards away being nigh on impossible, it's gotta be said, diving straight at the feet of someone who is attempting to kick a football very hard in studded boots is utterly terrifying. I was always amazed to get through that unscathed. I remember accidentally standing on some goalies hand once. Ouch.

I have a bad enough time trying to save goals in one of those tiny 5-a-side goals.

I made a pretty spectacular save once in a 7-a-side goal, I'm serious when I say if it happened in the Premiership it would have been save of the week. But that was and remains my only impressive act between the sticks.

wedward

Arsenal turned down Man U's bid for Vermalen apparently.

Says valuation was way too low, but we may be interested in some Man U players.

Rafael and its a deal.

Blablurn

I had this reply lined up:

The goal is a lot fucking bigger than it seems on TV. I've tried to play it before.. man, it's tough stopping shots from amateurs on a regulation size goal, let alone pros. Sprained my wrist something fierce (hurt off and on for months) too saving a fairly routine shot due to how my hand bent backwards. It's insanely difficult, especially if it's kind of one sided and the keeper has to spring to life out of nowhere. You can't ever let your guard down.

Is this the girl who did that web show with Felicia Day about WoW/Everquest? The Guild, that's it.

no idea. i only know her as a professional smash bros player

I see that Portland bought Adi outright. That didn't take long.

Yeah Copenhagen supporters were well happy. Not quite sure if we gave him enough chances, but damn he was horrible for us a few times, i had the displeasure of watching him in a friendly match this winter and it was just amazing what he missed, it was downright embarrassing both his jumping for headers and how he managed to stand right in front of goal and get it over the bar, in what looked like an impossible angle.

With Cornelius back and De Ridder we got a solid two forwards for the next season, just need to get rid of another forward we had loaned out to Zulte this season then.... and then get Bendtner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom