• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
3AQmK.gif

Seriously though, you guys need to stop doing it to yourselves. Look at these poor Arsenal fans for example. Sanchez? Naaa m8

L1NETT

We should easily be able to out bid them and pay higher wages.

Higuain?

Gustavo?

Wedward your transfer list is ever growing m8

Will's advice is spot fucking on. Never got excited until it's done. The art of muppeting is tempting but will only lead to disappointment and a trail of youtube montages with dodgy Euro House

wedward

Higuain?

Gustavo?

Wedward your transfer list is ever growing m8

Will's advice is spot fucking on. Never got excited until it's done. The art of muppeting is tempting but will only lead to disappointment and a trail of youtube montages with dodgy Euro House

Higuain was transfer fee. Wenger didn't think he was worth 40. He isn't.

Gustavo likes german humor and wanted to stay.

It's all fun mate. Its a game. Who cares if we don't sign him. There is always someone else to get excited about. And then the season starts and I have bigger things to worry about.

How can Barca let go of another player? Doesn't seem realistic to me.

They are blowing it up. Rebuilding.

omgkitty

We should easily be able to out bid them and pay higher wages.

All comes down to if he wants to go back to Italy or play in the best league in the world.

I think it all comes down to if Wenger actually gets to talk to him or not. Wenger actually being at the World Cup, talking to players and agents should help us. Players respect him as a coach, and getting him to talk to the players directly seems to help us negotiate.

K1LLER7

Most Spanish papers going with the Herrera thing now.

€36m. Not bad. Looked good for Athletic last season. Still think we need another player in there though, even if this comes off.

It's all fun mate. Its a game. Who cares if we don't sign him. There is always someone else to get excited about. And then the season starts and I have bigger things to worry about.

If you ever want to sustain a serious title challenge, you should absolutely care when you miss out on the top tier of players.

wedward

If you ever want to sustain a serious title challenge, you should absolutely care when you miss out on the top tier of players.

I have no control over it. It's not going to ruin my day.

Obviously I hope we sign him and if we don't i hope its not because of incompetence on our end.

L1NETT

I know it's a game haha, i'm not trying to douse your chips <3

But it's like Skyrim - a really boring game. Goes on forever and is endlessly repetitious and full of the same boring stories over and over

wedward

I know it's a game haha, i'm not trying to douse your chips <3

But it's like Skyrim - a really boring game. Goes on forever and is endlessly repetitious and boring full of the same stories over and over

Until Orenstein speaks or it's on Arsenal.com I don't take it too seriously.

Lightning

Banned
We have no control as fans. No point in letting transfers influence moods or our day. We sign who we sign and we sell who we sell. As long as we have a competitive team I'm not fussed about it.

cremino

So paint me an ideal formation with Herrera and a fully fit United....

Neymar has to continue on with his WC form, right? Right? :\

Neymar plays in a different position at Barca and as long as Messi is still there, I doubt Neymar will match his performances with Brazil at a club level. I think he will do better than last year though

Rumors are swirling Fabio Cannavaro is about to become my local MLS teams new head coach..sound like a good move to you Euro/International geniuses?

He's totally umproven as a coach.

Yeah..I wiki'd him. Seems like an impressive career but has only been an assistant for a Dubai club for a year. I'd like to hope he was at least a "players player", a leader, a personable guy..but I'm still new to the sport in general so I dont know how he was regarded.

FuturusX

Let me put it out there. If Messi is unwilling to accommodate another striking option, perhaps it's better to sell him? :p Let Neymar roam freely and spend the money on better cover.

wedward

Let me put it out there. If Messi is unwilling to accommodate another striking option, perhaps it's better to sell him? :p Let Neymar roam freely and spend the money on better cover.

No.

That team needs two new center backs, a new center mid, a right back, another winger and probably another striker.

The problem with Barca isn't Messi.

Not too mention it's in the bylaws of the club that they have to play 433.

Yeah..I wiki'd him. Seems like an impressive career but has only been an assistant for a Dubai club for a year. I'd like to hope he was at least a "players player", a leader, a personable guy..but I'm still new to the sport in general so I dont know how he was regarded.

He is pretty much the definition of a leader on the pitch, if he's the same as a manager and works decently as that though, no idea.

FuturusX

No.

That team needs two new center backs, a new center mid, a right back, another winger and probably another striker.

The problem with Barca isn't Messi.

I agree. But as he gets older Messi is going to have to be more accommodating. Apart from the obvious positional weaknesses Barca needs a planB for goals...hopefully that comes from Neymar.

He is pretty much the definition of a leader on the pitch, if he's the same as a manager and works decently as that though, no idea.

He's working the World Cup as pundit for the BBC. It's probably because his English isn't perfect (which is it's own problem) but he does seem to be getting drowned out by the other guys, which is a little strange after seeing him as the big CB during his career.

Well..its better then what we had..Petr Nowak then John Hackworth who was a College/US U-17 coach.

We have some quality, like Maurice Edu, Vincent Noguira from Sochaux, and some future USMNT talent like Amobi Okugo...but 0 leadership and cohesion it seems.

K1LLER7

Formation time! 4-3-3!

----------------- De goat ----------------

------ Rafa - Jones - Evans - Shaw ----

- Rooney/Shinji - Carrick/fellaini - Herrera -

--------- Januzaj - RVP - Mata -----------

Hixx

Reading we are going to up our bid for Williams after Swansea offered him a new contract. Apparently we are still willing to offer him better terms plus he wants to move on - they reckon his lass is from up here (Chopra's ex-wife
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
) so might explain why he (admittedly only reportedly) wants the move.

But the sentence that got my bellend tingling the most was definitely that pre-season begins in TWO FUCKING WEEKS.

K1LLER7

Killer, pls. Just sell Rooney.
Scum, you know this won't happen even if we want it too :(

-----

Marca on Herrera (goog trans)

You will pay 36 million euros to clause

Tuesday could be official

6/24/14 1:34
Manchester United have become a burden to Ander Herrera and this time for good. The English club will pay the clause of 36 million euros to get frustrated Athletic after his signing last year.

The player is already in England and signed a four-year, gaining about three million Euros per each. Tuesday could be official. Spanish will be the third team to train Louis Van Gaal, with international Juan Mata and David de Gea.

Herrera has become one of the cornerstones in successful Athletic in the recently concluded season. His five assists and five goals Ander became a key player in qualifying for the Champions League.

United, who are not qualified for European competition, wants creative players in midfield to regain lost ground in the Premiership.

GorillaJu

Don't think the Herrera story is real. Maybe United are back in touch with Athletic Bilbao but Marca always do this. They make up false terms and numbers for players that haven't been signed.

The Echo says we are still far away from Sevilla on our valuation of Moreno and Liverpool is mystified by the constant suggestions from Marca that we've agreed a fee, terms and a deal is done basically. They're bullshit peddlers.

K1LLER7

Don't think the Herrera story is real. Maybe United are back in touch with Athletic Bilbao but Marca always do this. They make up false terms and numbers for players that haven't been signed.

The Echo says we are still far away from Sevilla on our valuation of Moreno and Liverpool is mystified by the constant suggestions from Marca that we've agreed a fee, terms and a deal is done basically. They're bullshit pedlars.
I watched the youtube videos. He has to come now. Woodward pls :(

I think their may be some truth to the interest, but highly doubt we have anything sorted. Cadena Ser(?) broke the story first, I think, and then every other paper in Spain decided to tag along. Would be a good signing, don't want a re-appearance of the 3 amigos of last summer though lol

LNBL

Strootman would be amazing for Man u in the form he had at Roma. I'm positive LVG will try to get him next season or next winter as he adores him. Just a shame that his injury might hold him back for a while

Showaddy

Phil Neville's team for Costa Rica is hilarious. Say's the result doesn't matter so just go for it with youth.

So he drops Sturridge and picks Milner on the wing...

Lightning

Banned
Strootman would be amazing for Man u in the form he had at Roma. I'm positive LVG will try to get him next season or next winter as he adores him. Just a shame that his injury might hold him back for a while
Because of his Roma form and they are now a CL club next season Strootman will be very expensive.

Marc

Phil Neville's team for Costa Rica is hilarious. Say's the result doesn't matter so just go for it with youth.

So he drops Sturridge and picks Milner on the wing...

My god... and he dropped Sterling too.

And he only acknowledges fucking up against Romania, completely forgets about coming on and letting Portugal have a free shot on goal to score.

Saying Gerrard needs to continue as well... what a brilliant coach he must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom