• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Banished is awesome. Wish I had pulled the plug on it earlier!

Mail are saying Shaw's price is £40m. Shoulda wrapped it up before PSG blew the defender market even wider open.

pulga

Banned
Ander Herrera for 36m? United getting taken for a ride. He's even more expensive than Illarramendi
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

GorillaJu

Think I'm gonna get a pair of Japan-only New Balances. Pricey as shit but I've been meaning to get a pair of Rafs or Margielas and the quality isn't too different, and those Rafs and MMMs are basically tweaking NB's design anyway but are like 3x the cost.

I like these:

r7DxGlm.jpg

Meier

Ander Herrera for 36m? United getting taken for a ride. He's even more expensive than Illarramendi
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Going off memory, his release clause is a bit lower but since Illarra stayed within Spain, there was some sort of pooled VAT that was drawn upon so the amount Madrid paid was like €32m instead of the full €38m that Sociedad received. Something along those lines.

bjaelke

WHUFC Fans Corner @WHUFCFansCorner
Daily Express claim West Ham are hoping to beat other PL clubs to the signature of Dnirpo winger Konoplyanka.

This better mean Sanchez. Or bullshit.
Banished is awesome. Wish I had pulled the plug on it earlier!
Yes Meier!

pulga

Banned
Going off memory, his release clause is a bit lower but since Illarra stayed within Spain, there was some sort of pooled VAT that was drawn upon so the amount Madrid paid was like €32m instead of the full €38m that Sociedad received. Something along those lines.

Off memory my hairy balls, you just got dun googlin m8 pls

Considering we paid £27.5m Fellaini I really don't give a damn if we pay £28m for Herrera.

Not a chance in hell we are paying £40m for Shaw. Saints are just trying to make their fans feel better about the whole thing.

Apparently, Cassano broke a glass after he didn't get any minute vs England. Buffon stood up, called him a clown and they almost started fighting before Pirlo and De Rossi stepped in and blocked them. I have to say, I didn't like Buffon in the last game, but this one was priceless.

Anyway, four years ago we lost our last game in the 2010 WC and went out in the group stage. I'm like 95% sure that will happen today as well. De Sciglio in a 3-5-2 formation? What could possibly go wrong, right?

I fucking love Mexico's coach. There's no artifice in his displays of emotion

Absolutely desperate for Falcao to Madrid to happen. Still not sure if you guys are winding me up though, catching up with the thread

LegoArmo

If I check your post history will I find you saying that Fellaini's a good player prior to his signing?

I doubt it. I might have said he was good for Everton, even made some publications team of the seasons.

Was always of the opinion he was too slow and technically limited for United and not actually a midfielder.

Clegg

Apparently his release clause rises to €40m on the 1st of July.
I'm just surprised at the swiftness of this story. Maybe we are interested but I can't see us progressing these negotiations so far as to actually having him in Manchester right now to sign the contract and with no leak beforehand. The Mata deal came around rather quickly tho. Things at the club are so messy that we're probably not even sticking to one transfer policy.

Only God knows what's going on at United these days.

pulga

Banned
I fucking love Mexico's coach. There's no artifice in his displays of emotion

Absolutely desperate for Falcao to Madrid to happen. Still not sure if you guys are winding me up though, catching up with the thread

Baby if its not us knocking on your door itll be Barca. Please understand.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumors are swirling Fabio Cannavaro is about to become my local MLS teams new head coach..sound like a good move to you Euro/International geniuses?
I don't know, but he's a great captain. One of the greatest perhaps.
I think players from different eras aren't comparable at all
everyone should listen to cremino. <3
Anyway, four years ago we lost our last game in the 2010 WC and went out in the group stage. I'm like 95% sure that will happen today as well.t?

101%. And you know what? It's fine. Italy won't be the first or last European team to flop in Brazil.

On the bright side (if there's any
there isn't
), this early exit will always be accompanied with "but HEY at least they finished above England :lol". So really it's like a trophy when you think about it.

A4.jpg

WHUFC Fans Corner @WHUFCFansCorner
Daily Express claim West Ham are hoping to beat other PL clubs to the signature of Dnirpo winger Konoplyanka.

This better mean Sanchez. Or bullshit.

Yes Meier!

If he goes to West Ham, it's because we couldn;t guarantee him enough playing time (in which case I assume we have our sights firmly set on someone better, or we've just moved on to other targets

Not something to worry about either way. Absolute bollocks anyway, given the source :p

I don't know, but he's a great captain. One of the greatest perhaps.

everyone should listen to cremino. <3

101%. And you know what? It's fine. Italy won't be the first or last European team to flop in Brazil.

On the bright side (if there's any
there isn't
), this early exit will always be accompanied with "but HEY at least they finished above England :lol". So really it's like a trophy when you think about it.

A4.jpg
That's all I want to hear. Like it's something to be proud of, people *will* be proud of it. A minute later they'll want to kill Prandelli and Balotelli, but they'll be proud of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love Prandelli, I truly do, for many reasons.

and I'm not one to blame managers usually, but this time, this is mostly on him. His odd squad, his odd 4-1-4-1, his odd selections, his odd subs and his odd morsel.

Just fucking swallow your pride already and use Conte's back three. He wants it to be HIS Italy, and I admire that to a certain degree, but it's clearly not working. CLEARLRTLJYL:E$%NY^K

Italy's best game under Prandelli is still the 3-5-2 against Spain, now what does that tell you? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? LOOK AT ME

SURE Germany's game was great, but it's still......well...Germany. We're used to them bending over, it's customary.

Forgive me Italy-GAF for supporting Uruguay today

who cares, you're 4th.

That's all I want to hear. Like it's something to be proud of, people *will* be proud of it. A minute later they'll want to kill Prandelli and Balotelli, but they'll be proud of it.

Balotelli is Balotelli, he's the Italian Vucinic. And when he's Vucinicing all over the pitch, it's Prandelli's job to take him off, NOT FUCKING KEEP HIM FOR 90 MINUTESEJKP%$#

Gambit

I cant wait for United to realize their long held dream of signing Khedira <3

Bayern wanted to buy him before Real, apparently had the deal ready, when van Gaal said he doesn' want Khedira because Alaba is better.

van Gaal won't buy Khedira. Your best bet is someone like Chelsea.

SURE Germany's game was great, but it's still......well...Germany. We're used to them bending over, it's customary.

You are so mean when you speak the truth.

Yen

If he goes to West Ham, it's because we couldn;t guarantee him enough playing time (in which case I assume we have our sights firmly set on someone better, or we've just moved on to other targets

Not something to worry about either way. Absolute bollocks anyway, given the source :p

:Ian Ayre on a Harley

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You are so mean when you speak the truth.

Please forgive me, Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. This gives me back the laughter and the lightness in my life.

3rd by midnight

you joke, but it's going to happen hahaha. England can and WILL beat an unmotivated Costa Rica side easily.

Gambit

Please forgive me, Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Holding on to anger, resentment and hurt only gives you tense muscles, a headache and a sore jaw from clenching your teeth. This gives me back the laughter and the lightness in my life.

You are forgiven. Also, you should write Kingdom Hearts games.

GQman2121

Banned
I love the balls on Southampton. Those Shaw numbers being thrown around are out of control. I wish the WC would end tomorrow so real football can really get going.

Forgive me Italy-GAF for supporting Uruguay today

Alba is my least favourite player on the planet
Plastic fan
:p

You're right tho
I love Prandelli, I truly do, for many reasons.

and I'm not one to blame managers usually, but this time, this is mostly on him. His odd squad, his odd 4-1-4-1, his odd selections, his odd subs and his odd morsel.

Just fucking swallow your pride already and use Conte's back three. He wants it to be HIS Italy, and I admire that to a certain degree, but it's clearly not working. CLEARLRTLJYL:E$%NY^K

Italy's best game under Prandelli is still the 3-5-2 against Spain, now what does that tell you? WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? LOOK AT ME

What really pisses me off is the fact that he *has* to change the formation every now and then DURING the tournament. You're supposed to do that before, Jesus Christ. Also, Motta, Paletta, Montolivo and even Balotelli: they are not that good (alright, Balo has his moments. Not this month, probably, which should be pretty clear by now), they shouldn't be near the 23 players called up. Or, if they have to, then keep them away from the starting XI. Try using Verratti, Immobile, Cerci, you know, people who had a great year or two. Motta hasn't been decent since 2010 and even then he wasn't that good.
Balotelli is Balotelli, he's the Italian Vucinic. And when he's Vucinicing all over the pitch, it's Prandelli's job to take him off, NOT FUCKING KEEP HIM FOR 90 MINUTESEJKP%$#
Balo is hated just because. He doesn't get one single, decent, pass in the second half vs Costa Rica, and all of Italy's problems are there because of him. Sure, he should've tried harder, but it's not like Candreva-Cerci-Immobile-Cassano did a lot to help him.
Not that I think Balotelli will be our saviour, not even close. People should try to be more level-headed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
FootyGAF, recommend me a sci-fi movie where the ship takes centre-stage like the Ishimura does in Dead Space.
Zabster, The Triglav that Rides, is your man here. It's his favourite genre ;)
is yurt actually Nomura's alt?
Who? I'm afraid to venture outside of this jungle we call OT.
I usually dont do this but I'll quote this later today, my fellow Italian m8.
Go ahead. It's like telling the tenth person in a Bukkake to stop. What's the point? I'm covered in human juice already, just fucking shoot your load in my eye and let's get it over with. (not in my hair pls)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What really pisses me off is the fact that he *has* to change the formation every now and then DURING the tournament. You're supposed to do that before,
Lippi did that and it worked, but at least Lippi was adapting to the opponents NOT BECAUSE HIS FORMATION WASN'T WORKING :(

I can't do this

i can't

Lippi did that and it worked, but at least Lippi was adapting to the opponents NOT BECAUSE HIS FORMATION WASN'T WORKING :(

I can't do this

i can't

Lippi also had a lot of players in their best month of their career. And won something in his life, so at least knew how to handle pressure and other things. Prandelli? Eh, not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom