• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Daily Mail reporting that Suarez wants to have at least one season with Liverpool in the CL before going. That doesn't mean he isn't going of course, it just means he's unlikely to kick up a massive fuss and push the move through this summer.

Will be interesting to see whether that affects Real/Barca's strategies though. Can't remember the last time they were able to make a big signing without thoroughly unsettling the player first.

caesar

Banned
Bq5mdhICYAEmxTu.png:large

hnnnng

Meier

Tevez already did that. Try and keep Yaya.

Tevez lost £9m due to it and came back with his tail between his legs and then was a good boy. We still won the title so the net result was really kind of minimal at best -- he hasn't played for Argentina since then so he was punished monetarily and from a personal standpoint. Either way, his shit was not even on the same level as this crap Yaya is spouting. You can't keep a player on your team who makes up a lie of this magnitude. It's absolutely incorrigible on levels that people really shouldn't even reach.

operon

Tevez lost £9m due to it and came back with his tail between his legs and then was a good boy. We still won the title so the net result was really kind of minimal at best -- he hasn't played for Argentina since then so he was punished monetarily and from a personal standpoint. Either way, his shit was not even on the same level as this crap Yaya is spouting. You can't keep a player on your team who makes up a lie of this magnitude. It's absolutely incorrigible on levels that people really shouldn't even reach.

True yaya is getting our of hand and would be best to get rid at this stage

Slizz

While Tevez lost money, ask anybody not a fan of City and I bet they have no clue that he lost any sort of money. They just remember the golfing pictures.

Who is the Yaya replacement then? You need a field general.

King_Moc

Banned
Ditch him. Not worth it. Better to possibly lose the title for a season than have your name dragged through the mud repeatedly. He's a liability at this point. Fantastic player, but Pellegrini got the best out of him like no coach has ever been able to do before -- I trust he'll be able to do the same with anyone we would bring in to replace him.

It's only Yaya's name being dragged through the mud here. No one is buying his crap. You should try and keep him, City's reputation is not the one at risk.

Daily Mail reporting that Suarez wants to have at least one season with Liverpool in the CL before going. That doesn't mean he isn't going of course, it just means he's unlikely to kick up a massive fuss and push the move through this summer.

Will be interesting to see whether that affects Real/Barca's strategies though. Can't remember the last time they were able to make a big signing without thoroughly unsettling the player first.

So, last season it was qualify for the CL to keep him. Do we have to win it this time?

Wilbur

Banned
Tweets before/during/after the game saying It was unfair.

I won 2-1, and that was a lucky scoreline for him.

I was 4-0 up in the first game I played against him and he then proceeded to just kick it into his own goal :lol

"My players can't pass"
Dat accuracy for an own goal

Then the second match he dominated the first half and it was 1-1, I dominated the second half and it was 2-2 but he quit right at the end so I won 3-0

Cheers Bla

WJD

Just rang the colonel and he said the President is on Strut B

I CAN'T FUCKING GET THERE BECAUSE THERE'S NO ELEVATOR AND FUCKING LOCKED DOORS

Kojima is no genius

I was 4-0 up in the first game I played against him and he then proceeded to just kick it into his own goal :lol

"My players can't pass"

Then the second match he dominated the first half and it was 1-1, I dominated the second half and it was 2-2 but he quit right at the end so I won 3-0

Cheers Bla

Yeah I got the same thing a few games ago. Even when we flip the teams I still magically have the better players.

Considering City have that transfer spend cap (which I assume does not allow for amortisation) I'm not sure they can afford to sell Yaya and get someone as good, or close to, to replace him - at least not without sacrificing other areas.

I suppose they will have any fee he brings in but it won't be huge considering his age.

dc89

Kojima is no genius

Wait. You're confusing me what point you are up to. What was the last thing you did?

WJD

Wait. You're confusing me what point you are up to. What was the last thing you did?

Can't really remember but I think I was taking pictures of some Metal Gear's with Raiden? Can't even remember finishing that bit though so I have no idea how I ended up here.

Blablurn

"My players can't pass"

Cheers Bla

yeah. just keep on doing this. you will pay the price.

Wilbur

Banned
3sixty will you just fuck off

I'm so poor. Please share with me and Elsk

Yeah I got the same thing a few games ago. Even when we flip the teams I still magically have the better players.

Beautiful looool

I then played Hixx and he was 3-0 up in like five minutes, was getting blown the fuck away. Got it back to 3-2 and then he just scored twice again. Cunt.

Feorax

So, last season it was qualify for the CL to keep him. Do we have to win it this time?

We won't keep him. If he doesn't go this summer he will go next, because next year it will probably suit us to offload him for big money given his age (form withstanding).

The key is just to make sure it's done on our terms, and that we come out of it as best we can.

Meier

It's only Yaya's name being dragged through the mud here. No one is buying his crap. You should try and keep him, City's reputation is not the one at risk.

I mean look at these responses:
@ahmedyussuf10 5h
@mattspiro Hope people realise it was never about something as trivial as his birthday.

Viktor ‏@pullingred 5h
@mattspiro That is unfortunately for City unforgivable.

Jeanette Lucero ‏@JeanetteL93 5h
@mattspiro My goodness... if this is true than that's just terrible. Absolutely unforgivable.

Partha Basumatary ‏@ParthaB_84 5h
@mattspiro @DoronSalomon And #mufc pays sick players without any assurance of return #fletcher #hargreaves that is the difference.

is it august yet? ‏@Johnny_G86 5h
@mattspiro appalling by city if true

James english ‏@Shamusenglish 5h
@mattspiro that's disgraceful
People are fucking IDIOTS, they will just accept anything at face value and they will run with it. Any player who is willing to make up something like this should not play for the team again.

Carbonox

I thought I'd be able to flip over the failing and climb behind the locked doors but nooooope

stupid game

iblnXWVYG8f9QU.png

"My players can't pass"

Cheers Bla

njIBwgH.png

Kojima is no genius

A1YXKcN.gif

WJD

Pls. Pls. Just tell me how you do this. Where you find this info.

I don't think you did that :lol

o_O you've lost me

Me either, could just be a glitch in the HD collection. Might play MGS3 then go back to it or something.

Beautiful looool

I then played Hixx and he was 3-0 up in like five minutes, was getting blown the fuck away. Got it back to 3-2 and then he just scored twice again. Cunt.

Yeah Hixx is a pretty great player, I need to play him on something that isn't UT though. I've never been very good at that mode, even though I vastly prefer it.

Jarnet87

Wish United had sealed the William Carvalho deal (assuming there was any truth in it). I thought he looked good against the USA, should probably get the start against Ghana.

dc89

Me either, could just be a glitch in the HD collection. Might play MGS3 then go back to it or something.

Yeah, do this. For your own sanity.

All my own knowledge baby.

I'm not even going to lie here, I was on a lunch date and she went to the toilet so i quickly put this bet on.

You can be NeoGAF's first professional tipster. I will pay you for your knowledge.

Meier

Considering City have that transfer spend cap (which I assume does not allow for amortisation) I'm not sure they can afford to sell Yaya and get someone as good, or close to, to replace him - at least not without sacrificing other areas.

I suppose they will have any fee he brings in but it won't be huge considering his age.
Hard to say. I'm fairly confident that I saw Luiz' transfer fee being described as being able to be amortized in an article around the time it was happening (regarding PSG's restrictions) but I'm sure it was just speculation. It'd be a challenge, that's for sure.

While Tevez lost money, ask anybody not a fan of City and I bet they have no clue that he lost any sort of money. They just remember the golfing pictures.

Who is the Yaya replacement then? You need a field general.

Honestly, Tevez is just old news at this point. He came back and is off at Juventus now. I don't think many people other than United fans even think about it any more frankly. Fernandinho can play in Yaya's position just fine and whenever Fernando is official, he can sit back and play the deeper role primarily. I'm sure if Ferna had the same freedom as Yaya did this year, he could easily score 10+ goals.

King_Moc

Banned
I mean look at these responses:

People are fucking IDIOTS, they will just accept anything at face value and they will run with it. Any player who is willing to make up something like this should not play for the team again.

Yeah, I bet they're all Utd fans though. They're just believing what they'd like to be true, not what actually is.

Slizz

Hard to say. I'm fairly confident that I saw Luiz' transfer fee being described as being able to be amortized in an article around the time it was happening (regarding PSG's restrictions) but I'm sure it was just speculation. It'd be a challenge, that's for sure.

Honestly, Tevez is just old news at this point. He came back and is off at Juventus now. I don't think many people other than United fans even think about it any more frankly. Fernandinho can play in Yaya's position just fine and whenever Fernando is official, he can sit back and play the deeper role primarily. I'm sure if Ferna had the same freedom as Yaya did this year, he could easily score 10+ goals.

I doubt anyone thinks about Tevez anymore but my point in bringing Tevez up was Citys name being dragged down, which is why I said what I said.

I like Fernadinho, I need to watch him closer to make an assessment as far as legit Yaya replacement.

3Sixty

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy · 30m

I'm told Koeman will be handed up to £70m to spend on transfers by Southampton who expect to raise up to 90m if they sell star players

--

Crisis club.

inky

Yo,

Do any of you guys support your local club?

I want to support a smaller (relatively speaking) one but the appeal of that comes from it being local and being able to go to games and all that other stuff. Don't really have a local team besides Toronto FC but they aren't exactly what I'm thinking of.

Sure do. Pumas UNAM (Mexico). I've supported them since I was a kid, but they also happen to be my University's club.

I can't attend as many games as I would like anymore tho =/

"@English_AS: OFFICIAL: Carlos Vela seals permament move to @RealSociedad + signs 4-year contract extension, tying him to the Basque club until June 2018."

Just like I thought. I didn't see him fit in current Arsenal, especially if they are going to have such an active transfer window as they have been hinting at.

Scum

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy · 30m

I'm told Koeman will be handed up to £70m to spend on transfers by Southampton who expect to raise up to 90m if they sell star players

--

Crisis club.
Can we have Shaw and Clyne please? Straight swap for Lennon and Dawson.

Meier

Yeah, I bet they're all Utd fans though. They're just believing what they'd like to be true, not what actually is.

Yeah, you're probably right. Either way, I just don't see a scenario where the team can trust him at this point. If I had to guess, he's probably trying to pull all this shit to force his way out without putting in a formal transfer request so that he's owed his loyalty payment which is substantial. He and his agent are really, really scummy.

I can't

There's a RB Leipzig fan who used the club's logo as facebook picture. Then, RB Leipzig told him to "please change your profile picture. Only RB Leipzig is allowed to use the logo in this form."

Can we just erase this club from existence?

Zabojnik

Adidas says it has sold a record 2 million World Cup Germany jerseys, record 14 million official Brazuca balls

I have yet to see someone wear a Germany jersey around these parts. Were they Ozil jerseys by any chance?
While true, the invisible Ozil joke is getting really old. But whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom