• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

Quite a decent sale of Sega games on the 360 at the moment.

Vanquish for around £5.
Anarchy Reigns for £3
Alpha Protocol, Condemed, VF5 and Sonic all for cheap.

Pennywise

whats ur psn account mate? ill add you. i just deleted one. so i have space.

Pennywisu

Allthough I only have MGS Ground Zeroes and Watchdogs,Trials and Bound by Flame left.

Sold Wolfenstein to a friend,
Infamous after I got my platin trophy,
Battlefield for obvious reasons,
AC4 and Fifa as I wanted to get as much money as possible back from those.

So mostly I'll be playing PS3 until I got a conformation for my Bafög :p

Meier

The price we pay the club has nothing to do with being in the CL or not - they just want what they want and Bilbao want the release clause.

As sneaky has always reminded us, they will not sell for less. Sometimes if you want a specific player, you just pay what it takes. Shakhtar would barely move on Ferna's release clause so we probably "overpaid" even with him chipping in £4m, but I don't think anyone would deny he was worth it.

Fintan

As sneaky has always reminded us, they will not sell for less. Sometimes if you want a specific player, you just pay what it takes. Shakhtar would barely move on Ferna's release clause so we probably "overpaid" even with him chipping in £4m, but I don't think anyone would deny he was worth it.
Yeah, Bilbao are not a club who'll roll over when it comes to transfers. Just look at what happened with Llorente. They'll only sell if they want to.

This is for ArsenalGAF, prove that I've always been an Özil fan!

RDe84Vul.jpg

Marc

Milner stands out like a sore thumb, why would he play?!? If he is the future then I want to take my ball home.

Sterling should be playing for experience and been one of our best players, such as it is.

Watched Zodiac yesterday, I can't imagine how anyone would rate it above Se7en.

Yeah, it suffers from the ending too much.

Prisoners was a great film of that type.

Seven is still the best though, I wish Fincher did a superhero trilogy (spider-man pls!). Would be good to compare to Nolan's.

Jarnet87

Sterling should be starting, but Roy protecting his Liverpool lads. Milner also adds more defensive balance. With so much to play for in this game you can't just throw caution to the wind and go all out attack ya know.

WJD

Milner stands out like a sore thumb, why would he play?!? If he is the future then I want to take my ball home.

Sterling should be playing for experience and been one of our best players, such as it is.

Yeah, it suffers from the ending too much.

Prisoners was a great film of that type.

Seven is still the best though, I wish Fincher did a superhero trilogy (spider-man pls!). Would be good to compare to Nolan's.

As much as I love Fincher I don't think his style would really suit a Spider-Man film.

Absolutely love both Zodiac and Se7en and you're spot on about Prisoners too.

Marc

I like Townsend, he reminds me of Vassell. Not anything special but loves his country and willing to run into the ground for the shirt.

Good comments from him on Harry's statement.

As much as I love Fincher I don't think his style would really suit a Spider-Man film.

Absolutely love both Zodiac and Se7en and you're spot on about Prisoners too.

He was the original choice before they settled on Raimi. Ugh.

I don't know, I would really like to see him do a serious take on it. As much as people think of Spidey as a lighthearted character and Batman as grimdark. Pete lost his parents, then his uncle, his true love and a bunch of other shit too. He has been through the mill, he just tries to stay more positive and uses insults to put people off their game. Weird as it sounds, Fight Club with Tyler and 'Jack' are good interpretations of the brash and arrogant spidey, with the calm and shy Peter and how the two kind of come together.

Pennywise

It's really a preference thing. I like Zodiac more because of the realism and procedural nature of it. Se7en is good too but I feel like the film hinges way too much on the ending reveal.

The realism part is obviously the devil in the box, you've got great characters that are sadly bound by their real counterparts.

Structure and pacing was a real problem for Zodiac, way to many characters involved and nearly no one could shine.

With Se7en you got one of the best couples and one of the best roles of Morgan Freeman.
Kevin Spacey was just the icing on the cake.

Obivously both films follow a different structure, but I prefer the setting of Se7en with the cast and everything else (OST, the sins and the meaning behind them).
The Zodiac signs were rather flat compared to the sins and how the killings were done...

Overall Zodiac was still a great film though.

Had way to many misses lately...
The Hunt was awesome.
Carlitos Way was shit.
Serpico was pretty good.
Troll Hunter was a let down after so many recommodations.
GoT S4 was really shitty...

Gonna give The Place beyond the Pines and Clockwork Orange a try, never seen them.

Hixx

If we can swap Diakite for Alonso we've had Fiorentina's pants down and smacked their anus with a serrated blade lined dildo.

LTWheels

Echo saying there is a release clause in Suarez's new contract. The exact value is unknown, but they said from their understanding it's £80m + bracket.

The realism part is obviously the devil in the box, you've got great characters that are sadly bound by their real counterparts.

Structure and pacing was a real problem for Zodiac, way to many characters involved and nearly no one could shine.

With Se7en you got one of the best couples and one of the best roles of Morgan Freeman.
Kevin Spacey was just the icing on the cake.

Obivously both films follow a different structure, but I prefer the setting of Se7en with the cast and everything else (OST, the sins and the meaning behind them).
The Zodiac signs were rather flat compared to the sins and how the killings were done...

Overall Zodiac was still a great film though.

Had way to many misses lately...
The Hunt was awesome.
Carlitos Way was shit.
Serpico was pretty good.
Troll Hunter was a let down after so many recommodations.
GoT S4 was really shitty...

Gonna give The Place beyond the Pines and Clockwork Orange a try, never seen them.

Watch Dead Man's Shoes you Jason Cundy

@LTWheels, shit. Game over.

WJD

I like Townsend, he reminds me of Vassell. Not anything special but loves his country and willing to run into the ground for the shirt.

Good comments from him on Harry's statement.

He was the original choice before they settled on Raimi. Ugh.

I don't know, I would really like to see him do a serious take on it. As much as people think of Spidey as a lighthearted character and Batman as grimdark. Pete lost his parents, then his uncle, his true love and a bunch of other shit too. He has been through the mill, he just tries to stay more positive and uses insults to put people off their game. Weird as it sounds, Fight Club with Tyler and 'Jack' are good interpretations of the brash and arrogant spidey, with the calm and shy Peter and how the two kind of come together.

That's fair enough. Get Fincher to direct Peter Parker and Webb to direct Spider-Man? (I absolutely loved the majority of suited scenes in ASM2).

UnitedGAF is A-Okay.

It's only the Januzaj fanchildren that are weird

There's nothing wrong with a bit of Adnan love. We've also known about him and his potential for several years.

One of the few bright spots in an otherwise dreadful season. At 19 he's one of our most creative and direct (something we've lacked in recent years) attacking players. In the space of a year or so he went from playing in the academy, to the reserves and then finally the first team. Excelling in a struggling United side in one of the best leagues in the world is cause for optimism. If he can start performing like he didn't against Hull at the end of last season on a regular basis then we have a hell of a player on our hands.

Who else in our side is doing this?
http://youtu.be/vgI56dEUmxo?t=1m56s
It sure as fuck isn't Valencia or Young.

Marc

I feel like I am in another reality, all the ITV panel saying Gerrard has to stay and our best player, best passer etc.. Completely overlooked what has actually happened. Every team has bossed us, every tournament... the ones we managed to qualify for. 2004 was the last tourney I thought we did decent in in spite of some really crap tactics and individual performances.

How is it even a debate for Lampard and Gerrard to continue? They had their fucking chance, move on. Roy wanting Gerrard to continue proves he hasn't a clue.

That's fair enough. Get Fincher to direct Peter Parker and Webb to direct Spider-Man? (I absolutely loved the majority of suited scenes in ASM2).

Haven't seen the sequel yet, really didn't like the first one. At least he moved like spidey and got some of the banter right, apart from that I am not a fan. :)

Not sure who else Fincher could do, Punisher? There are some great stories written for him, but the movies have been gash (apart from dolph's, that was ace).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom