• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I casually support Yokohama F Marinos, my local club. The thing is that it's so easy to find Liverpool fans, info about Liverpool, news, etc that in comparison it takes a bit of work to follow a smaller team, so I can't really claim to be a fan to the extent I like Liverpool.
Yes. That's exactly what I'm thinking, as well.

Maybe I'll casually support a top team from a lesser league, idk

When LVG fails to get results and misses out on CL qualification again, are United fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

Not the right man for the job

Woodwood fucked up

Inherited a bad squad

Moyes visited

Send in the planes

etc etc etc

dc89

When LVG fails to get results and misses out on CL qualification again, are United fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

AhFlyq5.gif

When Ancelotti fails to get results and misses out on another CL win, are RM fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

I could do this all day :D

WJD

If there's a clear philosophy in place and actual visible, tangible evidence that steps are being made in some kind of forward direction then yes.

dc89

When Ancelotti fails to get results and misses out on another CL win, are RM fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

When Wenger bottles another chance at the league title and considers 4th place a trophy, are Arsenal fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

Kikarian

As long as the football we're playing is exciting. That was the problem with Moyes. We weren't winning or qualifying for anything along with playing shite football.

Carbonox

When Pardew fails to get results and gets rid of every Ameobi this side of the hemisphere, are Newcastle fans going to stand by their manager this time around?

zxxpcm.gif

pulga

Banned
As long as the football we're playing is exciting. That was the problem with Moyes. We weren't winning or qualifying for anything along with playing shite football.

"It's all about winning so I use the system I think will let me win... that's what I think football is," Van Gaal said.

"You have to evaluate a strategy that will help you win, and this is the proof in the pudding. We're not giving away games and we're winning."

Mourinho-style football coming to Old Trafford soon pls understand

Feorax

Thank you for your considered responses.

It is idle speculation at the end of the day but yes certainly seems moving away from 4-3-3 might be best. Do you think we will see that next season in the Champions League (assuming Suarez stays as I think he will). In that case I assume Suarez will probably be tasked to play from one of the wide positions?

If Suarez stays,we will almost certainly be rotating him and Sturridge a fair bit, other than for the big games, so it's likely one or the other will be spearheading the attack at all times.

In the games where they do play together, I expect it will be a 4-3-1-2 system, where Sterling will primarily play as a 10, but where all 3 front players will move as and where they are required.

Do you really think we want Moyes out because we missed out of CL?

There's many turning points for all of us. Mine was the crazy 83 crosses game against Hull. Do you really want a manager who decided that would be a good strategy?

Wilbur

Banned
Pulga is just jealous that a World Cup winner is going to come manage our squad whereas when they sack Ancelotti next season they'll be hiring Unai Emery

pulga

Banned
Pulga is just jealous that a World Cup winner is going to come manage our squad whereas when they sack Ancelotti next season they'll be hiring Unai Emery

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Pepe Mel or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Hixx

Yo,

Do any of you guys support your local club?

I want to support a smaller (relatively speaking) one but the appeal of that comes from it being local and being able to go to games and all that other stuff. Don't really have a local team besides Toronto FC but they aren't exactly what I'm thinking of.

Yes.

That question should be the next OT title. Fuck me.

scently

If there's a clear philosophy in place and actual visible, tangible evidence that steps are being made in some kind of forward direction then yes.

This is why most of us are excited about LVG. Moyes wanted to get better players but his system is worse than we had before. LVG should bring about a more tactical view at our play style and system. He has already shown in this WC that he can use a variety of tactics and system depending on the opponent and the players available to him.

I watched a lot of Liverpool matches in Rodger's first season and it was obvious he was trying to change their style of football. Of course this led to varying degrees of performance (some, absolutely hilarious, hence the whole 'lolerpool'), but it was clear that what he wanted in place was vastly better than what they had; much more emphasis on technique, passing, pressing, etc, in line with a modern approach to football. The result of this is that they almost won the league last season and are back in CL.

This is why we are excited about LVG. Nobody is under any illusion that we must win the league next season. So long as there are signs that we will employ a more progressive football philosophy and maybe get back to CL, it will be a success.

DBT85

Do you really think we want Moyes out because we missed out of CL?

There's many turning points for all of us. Mine was the crazy 83 crosses game against Hull. Do you really want a manager who decided that would be a good strategy?

Such a great game. Entire world watching could see that the system needed changing. Except the man in charge.

Reading the Jose Mourinho book by Diego Torres.

I know most of it could just be fiction but it's such a good read. Stil <3 Mourinho though.

EDIT: Then again, Moyes gave us a lot of great gifs. Which are your favourite? This is GOAT, certainly.

ix18kAlYu0QyN.gif

Carbonox

I don't support Stevenage cos that would be be just plain wrong. So the next best choice was the similarly untalented Newcastle United.

Yen

I don't have a local team. Though I can't see why anyone could be enthused by the Irish Premiership, or whatever it's called.
Edit: the Danske Bank Northern Ireland Football League Premiership

Carbonox

Like I'm going to just support Zob Ahan Isfahan F.C. when Manchester United are an option.

Christ guys.

I want to support this team.

Do they have an Ameobi on their team?

Do they have their own run down changing room shack that also functions as a bike shed for the local school?

Is their kit made by Slazenger?

WJD

I want to support this team.

Do they have an Ameobi on their team?

Do they have their own run down changing room shack that also functions as a bike shed for the local school?

Is their kit made by Slazenger?

Our stadium is located in Fooladshahr, Isfahan. The stadium had 20,000 capacity but was renovated to hold about 30,000 people in 2011. The stadium was built in 1998. Our training stadium is located outside of Isfahan named Zob Ahan Private Stadium.

You should come out to a game when we play our local rivals Sepahan Isfahan F.C. Shit kicks off big time.

Jarnet87

Buttner deal still isn't finished, crossing fingers that Dinamo don't pull out. I'll never understand why the club went from trusting Fabio to start in a Champions League final, to replacing him with a man who can't defend and then exiling him.

pulga

Banned
Yo,

Do any of you guys support your local club?

I want to support a smaller (relatively speaking) one but the appeal of that comes from it being local and being able to go to games and all that other stuff. Don't really have a local team besides Toronto FC but they aren't exactly what I'm thinking of.

Yes. Real Espana 4 lyfe, yo

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Carbonox

Our stadium is located in Fooladshahr, Isfahan. The stadium had 20,000 capacity but was renovated to hold about 30,000 people in 2011. The stadium was built in 1998. Our training stadium is located outside of Isfahan named Zob Ahan Private Stadium.

You should come out to a game when we play our local rivals Sepahan Isfahan F.C. Shit kicks off big time.

The name rings a bell but where on the following map is Isfahan, pls point it out:

i jest, i am suddenly intrigued now, you still need an ameobi to feel complete though, shola's looking for a new club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom