• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

It makes every sense if you get 56m + Sanchez.

56m + Sanchez gets you goals and assists from Sanchez and it also gets top quality left back, also gets top quality defensive mid for nothing. Then you can spend your budget on another striker. Another striker, 20-30m worth + Sanchez will get you Suarez level goals over the course of a season and you've strengthened 2 other key areas.

Sanchez has to agree to go to Liverpool.

Good luck.

troll_204c19_12649669wkdq.jpg

I'm not even gonna get into the whole they should sell him stuff.

All I know is the man is despicable and I don't think the absolute staunch defense his club and country gives him helps.

I understand why they do it and why they want to keep him, totally. But the flak he and they get is the price they have to pay to have him around. "You would do the same" might make you feel better about it. That's all really.

This WC has been incredible.

Neither Ronaldo not Messi are biting people.

And if they were, they wouldn't want them sold

Seems like Liverpool are being attacked for being willing to do what any club in the world would be willing to do in the same situation unless they had the squad and funds to easily replace such a player

Obviously we went way too far with the racism-defense, but any team aside from PSG, Monaco, City and Chelsea wouldn't be willing to just get rid of their star player because of biting incidents, especially when he drags them up about 5 league places.

FootballFan

Tons of top teams have cunts in their side.

What can you do if these cunts are some of the best players in the world.

There is no trophy for taking the moral high ground. Bit like accepting fourth place as a trophy.

If ronaldo, Messi or Neymar were biting people you may have had an argument,

Even when discussing in general, which of these cunts in other clubs, not just the best players, are biting people?

LTWheels

It makes every sense if you get 56m + Sanchez.

56m + Sanchez gets you goals and assists from Sanchez and it also gets top quality left back, also gets top quality defensive mid for nothing. Then you can spend your budget on another striker. Another striker, 20-30m worth + Sanchez will get you Suarez level goals over the course of a season and you've strengthened 2 other key areas.

Or buy Sanchez, keep Suarez. Use our £90+m from coming second in the league + CL money + money from sells to buy players.

Do deal to sell Suarez next season (like with Ronaldo). Spend all year planning our replacement.

Champions League money goes up drastically next season because of new TV deals (BT yo). Very important to be in the top 4 this season.

operon

Tom Adams ‏@tomEurosport 38m
Bite almost incidental: good time to remind everyone the FA found he racially abused someone 7 times. No apology, continually blames others

but I am sure he has black friends.
He does have a black family is that ok.

wedward

Paolo Bandini ‏@Paolo_Bandini 2m
Tabarez loses patience after 3rd Suarez question. "This is a football World Cup, not about morality. Cheap morality."

This is so good.

If ronaldo, Messi or Neymar were biting people you may have had an argument,

Even when discussing in general, which of these cunts in other clubs, not just the best players, are biting people?

Be completely honest here, if Messi was a hugely controversial figure, would you want him gone?

Obviously it's massively hypothetical since I doubt anyone on this forum has supported a player with a track-record as bad as Suarez's, but still

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Barca probably told Suarez to do it so they could save £20m.

Now his atrocious discipline can be something they haggle over.

wedward

Barca probably told Suarez to do it so they could save £20m.

Liverpool Union ‏@LiverpoolUnion 35m
@PercyToplis @the_itch1980 Yeah, the media is constantly attacking him and may be getting pressured/blackmailed into doing bad things.

You might be on to something.

FootballFan

Be completely honest here, if Messi was a hugely controversial figure, would you want him gone?

Obviously it's massively hypothetical since I doubt anyone on this forum has supported a player with a track-record as bad as Suarez's, but still

I'd embarrassingly want to keep him. I wouldn't play he victim game or say he isn't a cunt though...I don't think.

Meier

Who watched the bite live as it happened?

http://i.minus.com/ibktXbFhg5Jobz.gif[IMG]

fuck your england match[/QUOTE]

I went over to the "Student Activities Center" that's in the middle of campus so I could get food and watch a game on TV. There was a big group of us and everyone just burst out laughing when it happened. I mean honestly, what else can you do? It's fucking insane. He's insane.

There needs to be a unilateral ban for either life or for at least a few years. He has to truly be punished. No running away from the penalty effectively. Just banning him for international matches isn't enough.

so LFC GAF are hung up on the fact he scores so many goals we shouldnt sell him? fair enough. BUT he didnt score against the big 4 nor at the end of season when we needed it. Also assuming the Barca offer is legit, Sanchez would score goals,he would create them too.

As many as Suarez? maybe not BUT the money from the deal wold mean getting better defenders so we'd let less goals in and no LFC GAF member can say that the goal difference between us and Man City didnt cause problems for us at the end of the season and that was down to our defence over the course of the season.

We may score less but we'd let less in while still getting a decent number of goals, last time I checked Sturidge did pretty daamn good at the goals last season too. Whose to say we couldnt sign an extra forward too with the money we already have..

operon

What do people expect Liverpool football club to do, to seriously cancel his contract and write off 60 million plus knowing full well someone will sign him straight away. LFC couldn't afford to do that not even man united or city could do that. Not one liverpool fan is defending him or saying what he did wasn't wrong. It's embarassing to yet again have this problem with him.

What do people expect Liverpool football club to do, to seriously cancel his contract and write off 60 million plus knowing full well someone will sign him straight away. LFC couldn't afford to do that not even man united or city could do that. Not one liverpool fan is defending him or saying what he did wasn't wrong. It's embarassing to yet again have this problem with him.
Not expecting Liverpool to do something.

Other than accept, as gracefully as possible, whatever punishment comes his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom