• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatt

What do people expect Liverpool football club to do, to seriously cancel his contract and write off 60 million plus knowing full well someone will sign him straight away. LFC couldn't afford to do that not even man united or city could do that. Not one liverpool fan is defending him or saying what he did wasn't wrong. It's embarassing to yet again have this problem with him.

People be smoking those top of the league ciggars

iiWYXyVKHM8ST.gif

Would Liverpool have grounds to sue Suarez if he got a massive, massive ban which meant we couldnt use or sell him, ala Chelsea with Mutu? Or would the fact that he's done it before and we kept him anyway count gainst us in such a case?

wedward

Dr Fawcett thinks this is likely to have a minimal effect. "It's in the man," he says. "I would think that in five years' time if there was a certain nerve hit or chord rung with Suarez in a different situation he would react in the same way."

We'd be well and truly fucked if he was unilaterally banned for 2 years. He'd be worthless to us, and we'd need to replace him and bolster the squad without sufficient funds

I wouldn't sell Suarez over this. When he starts banging in goals for fun again and leading the team to a title challenge, you'll see why.

It's possible to find his acts unbelievable, but still want him on the team.

And if you did try to sell him, a club will act on it and will not regret their decision.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Guy on 5live is arguing that England suck because our players only have a few GCSE's and are a bit stupid.

King_Moc

Banned
What do people expect Liverpool football club to do, to seriously cancel his contract and write off 60 million plus knowing full well someone will sign him straight away. LFC couldn't afford to do that not even man united or city could do that. Not one liverpool fan is defending him or saying what he did wasn't wrong. It's embarassing to yet again have this problem with him.

Yup, this is the crux of it. What can we do? If the Sanchez offer was legit, I'd take it though. Think it could strengthen us.

LTWheels

For English Clubs, in the 2015 season, CL qualification will be worth around £15m. Getting out of the groups can next £40m+.

That's why I think it's important to keep him this season. It's important we stay in the top 4.

The gap between the top 4 and 5th place has a potential to widen in 2015.

I would rather use the money we have now to strength our side. And the Suarez money next season.

A worry of making too many changes at once a pulling a Spurs.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh god the pundits on the BBC.

Henry and Seedorf spoke better English and knew more about football than these wankers.

Lightning

Banned
Or buy Sanchez, keep Suarez. Use our £90+m from coming second in the league + CL money + money from sells to buy players.

Do deal to sell Suarez next season (like with Ronaldo). Spend all year planning our replacement.

Champions League money goes up drastically next season because of new TV deals (BT yo). Very important to be in the top 4 this season.
If you have a 90m to spend then by all means. Doing a deal like Ronaldo with Suarez will be next to impossible.

Batongen

Banned
Suarez the goal scoring machine and dad - best guy in the world.
Suarez the hungry, frustrated conqueror - mad as a fruit basket.

Indifferent to Liverpool selling him or not. Grown tired of his antics on the pitch and what will he do at Chelsea next season when Gerrard slips again. Scaring thought indeed.

Bumhead

Banned

Liverpool can't do anything.

I guess not making an embarrassing show of themselves like that cunt Dalglish did would be a start.

It's fine not to expect Liverpool to do anything, just like it's fine to hope someone scythes through his ligaments at full speed and body weight in the next game and ends his career so it's not your "dilemma" anymore.

Marc

Oh god the pundits on the BBC.

Henry and Seedorf spoke better English and knew more about football than these wankers.

Savage does my head in, thinks being louder makes his opinions better. Weakest pundit and weakest player, no idea why he is there.

Shearer is shit but at the same time he is a legend and will hold the premier league record for a long time you'd think. I respect him, but disagree with him 90% of the time. Same with Lineker. Murphy... ehh.. yeah.

wedward

I think it's hard to criticise him, because Ozil is Ozil. If you were expecting Ozil to be super aggressive and to be running miles and miles from side to side and to show great enthusiasm and aggressiveness, this is not Mesut. If you are waiting for somebody where every time he touches the ball, the ball smiles, every time he makes a pass, the ball goes with the right direction, the right speed, the right intensity, this is Ozil.

When he's on the pitch, every time he touches the ball, it is beautiful. And he’ll always finds the right man on the right place.

So, sometimes, you don't see him, sometimes he isn't on the screen many, many times. But when he is he is a special player.

Mou <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom