• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Basically this, except kay is more like the spanish "que."

kas
tumblr_m15hmvYUXt1qa6lp8.gif

Yep and for that reason a lifetime ban from intl footy should be given.

That's not enough if they were to go that far imo

They can't say 'you're a menace to your fellow professionals, you're hereby banned for life (for your country)'

Has to be all or nothing if they were to go for a time-based ban rather than a game-based one.

Did Papadopalous end up being injured all season last year btw?

GQman2121

Banned
Is Suarez biting someone worse than Keane on Haaland?

EDIT : to clarify, Suarez is a megatwat.

IMO. No. Biting is unsportsmanlike, childish and straight school yard. He deserves to have to meet Ivanovic in a dark ally on a wet night in Liverpool.

What Roy did is one of the worst things I've ever seen in sports. Completely calculated and intentional. He got a slap on the wrist.

This is not how you forge new alliances during Liverpool's current werewolf nightmare.

lol

I love the phrasing you get from non-English people speaking English, you get some boss descriptions. 'current werewolf nightmare' tickles me :D

Do we go to a new round of OTs in the one before the PL season starts?

Hixx

Quiche, Freewheelin, Wilbur, Willkiller

RIP to them all.

If anyone else wants to play, add me on psn (jonno73) if you don't already have me.

Marc

Savage does have some intelligence if you listen carefully. the only problem is that he is not very good at articulating it, which is a problem for a pundit.

Not sure I would go that far, haha. He was struggling to spit out his words whereas others just murmur one liners so look better in comparison. He had obvious points that every fan is making but the pundits aren't so not exactly amazing insight, just better than our other pundits who are also shit.

Someone on twitter mentioned as soon as a debate was about to break out, Lineker steps in to shut it down. I hate this country. People talk about how the media put pressure on players. Its nothing compared to Brazil, Italy, Spain etc. which are countries that are far superior to us. We just grimace, say "on another day", or argue over losing a "tight" game and just sleepwalk into further mediocrity.

Not sure I would go that far, haha. He was struggling to spit out his words whereas others just murmur one liners so look better in comparison. He had obvious points that every fan is making but the pundits aren't so not exactly amazing insight, just better than our other pundits who are also shit.

Someone on twitter mentioned as soon as a debate was about to break out, Lineker steps in to shut it down. I hate this country. People talk about how the media put pressure on players. Its nothing compared to Brazil, Italy, Spain etc. which are countries that are far superior to us. We just grimace, say "on another day", or argue over losing a "tight" game and just sleepwalk into further mediocrity.

Not trolling, but Italy aren't so much better than us based on this

RIP to them all.

If anyone else wants to play, add me on psn (jonno73) if you don't already have me.

Have we even played 1v1 on 14? I'm terrible but I thought we last played on 13. Pro Clubs>>>>>>co-op seasons>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else.

kida, are you actually japanese or do you just really love japan-related stuff?

genuinely curious.

Plan on living there for a bit after I finish school so I've been studying the language. I plan on going to Germany or Portugal too. Naturally I want to learn one of those languages after learning Japanese. The time it takes to learn Japanese is honestly pissing me off. I want to get off this ride already.

King_Moc

Banned
IMO. No. Biting is unsportsmanlike, childish and straight school yard. He deserves to have to meet Ivanovic in a dark ally on a wet night in Liverpool.

What Roy did is one of the worst things I've ever seen in sports. Completely calculated and intentional. He got a slap on the wrist.

Keanes ban was about 6 weeks. It was roughly comparable to Suarez's bite ban. Not to defend Suarez, but I find that crazy. Keane tried to take away someone's livelihood. A bite is just stupid, childish petulance. Well, unless he goes full on tiger and rips flesh off, like Tyson.

WJD

@people who watched the England game, was it 4-3-3, and did it look more fluent and solid than we did in the last 2 games

Lampard was sitting with Barkley and Wilshere ahead of him.

It did look a bit better but it's impossible to judge on a game that neither team really cared about.

bud

Plan on living there for a bit after I finish school so I've been studying the language. I plan on going to Germany or Portugal too. Naturally I want to learn one of those languages after learning Japanese.

cool.

well, japanese cinema is dope. might as well watch a few films, too, while you're at it.

RIP to them all.

You're certainly the best player I've played against. Just couldn't get going until that third game, which I can't believe I lost haha.

GG

Really wish this Balotelli talk to Arsenal would go away. Honestly don't think we're interested, and I'm sick of reading about it.

I genuienly don't understand why there's such a huge disparity between my opinion of him and his value/reputation. He's nowhere near top class, and when he is, it lasts 1 game if you're lucky

Marc

Not trolling, but Italy aren't so much better than us based on this

They were better than us, let us be honest. And we only got a point today because the opposition were happy to play it like a friendly.

I don't think they are anything special, they own up to it though, resign at the FA and manager positions. I expect some players to retire as well. Meanwhile ours are saying we played well, and that they'll think about retirement, no plans of resigning etc.. A clear difference there, and I am guessing the italian media will go for people's throats. We're happy as a nation, FA, manager, players to just plod on as if nothing happened.

Not to mention they have won much more than us anyway and recently so don't 'need' to win anything, yet still expect more.

They were better than us, let us be honest. And we only got a point today because the opposition were happy to play it like a friendly.

I don't think they are anything special, they own up to it though, resign at the FA and manager positions. I expect some players to retire as well. Meanwhile ours are saying we played well, and that they'll think about retirement, no plans of resigning etc.. A clear difference there, and I am guessing the italian media will go for people's throats. We're happy as a nation, FA, manager, players to just plod on as if nothing happened.

Not to mention they have won much more than us anyway and recently so don't 'need' to win anything, yet still expect more.
Your logic on expectations doesn't make sense.

But anyway, who do you want as England managed?

wedward

Jeff Carlisle ‏@JeffreyCarlisle 10m
Uruguay captain Diego Lugano (translated): "You have to be stupid to think that mark on Chiellini is from today." #ITAvsURU

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Hixx

You're certainly the best player I've played against. Just couldn't get going until that third game, which I can't believe I lost haha.

GG

I was pretty close to losing my temper in the third game. Even when I went ultra attacking my striker was like 50 yards away from the midfield

I was pretty close to losing my temper in the third game. Even when I went ultra attacking my striker was like 50 yards away from the midfield

Felt similar to how I felt in the first game and a half. Nothing was going for me just like nothing really went for you in that third game (well, most of it). It's a strange game sometimes.

They had decent expectations and completely failed
We had low expectations and failed a bit worse

You're right that they at least seem to be making strides to fix their problems straight away before they fester, unlike us, but I really think they had a more disappointing tournament than us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Quiche and I are still 100% wr on Co-op seasons, Belgium OP

Meier

Damn, Colombia is using their B team of sorts and it's still stacked as hell. Eder Alvarez Balanta with the start, good for him. Next big thing type CB.

Speaking of next big things, what a tackle by Uruguay's Gimenez when Immobile looked like he might score late in their game. Incredible that the kid has barely even played for Atletico's senior team and already looks like a veteran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom