• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I'm sorry but any person writing this

while supporting a club like Barcelona clearly has more mental problems than Suarez. How could you not be taken for a troll account?

http://i.minus.com/iOAv3SlGELTSw.gif[MG][/QUOTE]

So because I support barca i cant laugh at other divers? So because Madrid has ronaldo you can't laugh at divers, because of pepe you can't laugh at idiotic assault like Suarez etc?

Dat logic.

I have to back out of the WC thread. Salsas posts are killing me more than Italys shitty performance.

This is how I picture him

attachment.php

Marc

Your logic on expectations doesn't make sense.

But anyway, who do you want as England managed?

I think if Woy went full youth, expectations would be managed on that basis but then he should have started the process before the world cup with qualifications and friendlies. He played a mix and was trying to get out of the group instead of focusing on building a formula/team. As such he can be judged on that basis.

As for the manager, I would look for a part time manager, strip away all the England manager duties. All the PR crap, just make it about the football. Offer it to the likes of Rodgers/Martinez and ask them to build a future. They may decline but I know we won't progress with Woy so why pretend otherwise, even if there isn't a perfect replacement it is clear Woy doesn't have any overall gameplan.

I would love to give the job to a young English manager who has an attacking philosophy like Gary Speed did for Wales. Unfortunately we have people like the Neville's who are clueless wanting those jobs. Gary as a pundit is good but his idea's on football are stuck in the 90's at best.

The manager wouldn't be my focus anyway, it would be the FA and infrastructure.

- All weather artificial pitches, 5-a-side sized, built all over the country. Literally thousands of them working with the government to bypass all the council bullshit. Any free space the council has should be up for grabs.

- Entry level coaches increased significantly, start with getting full coaches spread out in the country to do the entry level training at the 5-a-side pitches. Each borough/council assigned several coaches dependent on size and interest. At the moment it is very hard to get involved, I looked into doing it myself and was massively put off. Doesn't pander to people working full time or offer anything close to me. Entry level means they can be assigned one of the pitches and take up to 15 kids or so to train, a syllabus provided. Focus on touches, pass and move, dribbling... all the fun stuff really to get kids into it. Define your own hours to suit you best, can have multiple coaches for the pitch and divide time as seen fit by the borough heads.

- The FA body completely changed, with football men in charge, split of duties between the media/PR/finance etc. and the football body. Football side must be voted in by the public and have some kind of football experience, they have to campaign for votes with their ideas. Money for campaign is all managed by FA, no outside influence allowed in the process (so no sponsored person or billionaire backed player buying votes).

I'll stop the wall of text but I could go on forever, there is enough money in the game but not enough direction or will to do something with it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"I'm pleased we gave the fans something to cheer about with our performance. We outplayed them in midfield."

Is that a real quote from Roy?

Jarnet87

England needs a foreign manager, and not one who coaches in England. Someone like Roberto Martinez would worry about his reputation and his future coaching in England should he do a bad job. I wanted a man who doesn't give a fuk about coaching in England and what the media says.

cremino

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Mondi...-tutto-io-via-rifletteremo-801032119475.shtml

serie a bros, is he saying he's quitting because he picked balotelli?

He said that you never know when Balotelli is calm or nervous, he subbed him off because he was already on a yellow and was afraid of a sending off...
At the end he said there was a project in place, he wanted Balotelli as part of this failed project,he said it is his responsability for this choice and hinted it was error

Walshy

England needs a foreign manager, and not one who coaches in England. Someone like Roberto Martinez would worry about his reputation and his future coaching in England should he do a bad job. I wanted a man who doesn't give a fuk about coaching in England and what the media says.
They should go for a Hiddink or Benitez. Someone who is experienced and good at knockout tournaments.

I can see Mourinho taking it after Euro 2016.

bud

He said that you never know when Balotelli is calm or nervous, he subbed him off because he was already on a yellow and was afraid of a sending off...At the end he said there was a project in place, he wanted Balotelli as part of this failed project,he said it is his responsability for this choice and hinted it was error

ah, alright. thanks.

Randdalf

If Suarez gets a ban, what is the scope of that ban? World Cup only? Internationals only? All matches?

Get that bloke who coaches Chile, he paces up and down the touchline more than Rooney runs in a match.

Suen

So because I support barca i cant laugh at other divers? So because Madrid has ronaldo you can't laugh at divers, because of pepe you can't laugh at idiotic assault like Suarez etc?

Dat logic.
It's not about you laughing about it. It's about you being serious about calling them out for their diving while you like to avoid/ignore the same topic or not admit it when it comes to your own team. It's like if Timurid would laugh at City for being fined by UEFA. It has nothing to do with logic but everything to do with you being a hypocritical cunt.

I laugh at divers and maniacs regardless of their club. I don't have any problem to admit or call out my team on their wrongdoings. Unlike in Kiwi land I don't bombard the thread with #GOAT and a bunch of pictures of the players involved in a controversial incident, so shove 'Dat logic' up your arse m8.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy shit, Greece.

He costs too much and i think the italian FA imposed a wage limit of 1,5 m € a while ago for any italian nt coach

Arguably the best in the world when it comes to tournament football though, but understandable that it wouldn't happen.

Ostinatto

If Suarez gets a ban, what is the scope of that ban? World Cup only? Internationals only? All matches?

Get that bloke who coaches Chile, he paces up and down the touchline more than Rooney runs in a match.

National team matches, including WC , Copa America and Play-off for the next WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom