• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

There's a good chance Nigeria will qualify only scoring one goal

That would be shocking too.

I just wanted Ivory Coast to deliver for once. They have so many great players and were probably Africa's best shot at a world cup over the last few tournaments and yet they bottle it every time.

Suen

Replays on TV here showed Samaras tripping on his own, or maybe I catched it late. Thought refs fucked up totally. Still I can't believe Greece went through. Fuck that, so boring to watch. Ivory Coast was much more entertaining to see. Anyway, Ivory fucked up so they have no one but themselves to blame.

Spades

Replays on TV here showed Samaras tripping on his own, or maybe I catched it late. Thought refs fucked up totally.

Sorry, no. Samaras' shooting leg was clearly clipped by the defender, preventing him from striking the ball. That's a clear-cut penalty. No doubt.

tumblr_n7p1sd23gq1qiv7luo1_500.jpg

Suen

Glad I skipped the WC thread this time around for Japan's game. So much fucking weaboo shit. I'm disappointed Japan went out but at least all those shitty gifs will stop being posted now.

Sorry, no. Samaras' shooting leg was clearly clipped by the defender, preventing him from striking the ball. That's a clear-cut penalty. No doubt.
Yeah I saw it on a second replay again. Definitely pen, thought my post made it clear lol.

Glad I skipped the WC thread this time around for Japan's game. So much fucking weaboo shit. I'm disappointed Japan went out but at least all those shitty gifs will stop being posted now.

Yeah I saw it on a second replay again. Definitely pen, thought my post made it clear lol.

You're such an ignoring senpai, that will only make them want to get noticed by you even more

Turok_TTZ

Doesnt get any clearer than this.

Fucking do whats right FIFA and outright ban him from football. Utter scum.

I'll be livid if Florentino continues to chase this maniac. Fucking hell. Really thought he had "reformed"

You really thought that cunt reformed? :lol:
How very amusing. No one should be surprised. I wouldn't even flinch if FIFA does nothing.
This WC has already many questions left unanswered. The quality of the ref down the toilet... or worse acting under orders.

Suen

You really thought that cunt reformed? :lol:
How very amusing. No one should be surprised. I wouldn't even flinch if FIFA does nothing.
This WC has already many questions left unanswered. The quality of the ref down the toilet... or worse acting under orders.
Benz is going out anyway, for a broken Falcao.

You're such an ignoring senpai, that will only make them want to get noticed by you even more

Susan-chan so tsundere.
Pls no.

lol Chiellini interview was also pretty pathetic, claiming it was never a red for Italy... Especially ridiculous considering he should have given away a pen or two today with his molesting of players in the box on corners.

Yen

Doesnt get any clearer than this.

Fucking do whats right FIFA and outright ban him from football. Utter scum.

I'll be livid if Florentino continues to chase this maniac. Fucking hell. Really thought he had "reformed"
Suarez will fit in just fine with Pepe and Benezema

Croyles

Let's all agree.

Clear red for Chiellini, clear red for Suarez, clear pelanty for Samaras.

EDIT: Ehh, not Chiellini, you know what I mean...

pulga

Banned
holy hell, I was calling Suarez a deplorable scum in the WC thread and someone actually responded with this:

There's probably more to the story to Suarez bite than what you saw. I mean, every player in the world knows that he gets riled easily, so it's probable that the italian defender pestered him through the whole match, little fouls, telling him things about his mother or sister, etc, to get a reaction like that and hopefully a red card (didn't work though). Remember Zidane's headbutt, italian players are not naive, and know this stuff too well.

That doesn't excuse Suarez and he should be sanctioned, but before calling people scum, I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

In a match against Chile, in a qualification match, a chilean player grabbed Suarez by the balls in a corner kick, and Suarez reacted hitting him on the face, which resulted in Suarez's expulsion. Later images showed what really happened.

And obviously, Suarez is very known in the world, so every player knows that if you get him infuriated enough, you'll get a stupid reaction like that.

i c a n t

wedward

holy hell, I was calling Suarez a deplorable scum in the WC thread and someone actually responded with this:

i c a n t

This poster is assuming that when Suarez is annoyed his first reaction is to bite someone.

Which is incredible.

It's probably true.

GorillaJu

Why couldn't his instinct be to just like punch people or something. Elbowing seems to be popular in soccer. What the hell ever triggered his damn fascination with biting?

LegoArmo

Why couldn't his instinct be to just like punch people or something. Elbowing seems to be popular in soccer. What the hell ever triggered his damn fascination with biting?

Have you ever owned a pet rat or hamster? They'll chew anything they can get their teeth on.

Fintan

It's utterly bizarre. People obviously are commenting that it's unacceptable, but it's also just incredibly strange for a grown man to have had three separate biting incidents. Like who the fuck bites people?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching some YT footage, starting to love this Herrera bloke

Good job all round United, plus with the England/Spain folks back soon the pre-season games should resemble most of the core squad, cant wait to see the US tour.

Im so happy :3

Fergie

Banned
Watching some YT footage, starting to love this Herrera bloke

Good job all round United, plus with the England/Spain folks back soon the pre-season games should resemble most of the core squad, cant wait to see the US tour.

Im so happy :3
Mata and De Gea, Spanish contingency increasing.

GorillaJu

It's utterly bizarre. People obviously are commenting that it's unacceptable, but it's also just incredibly strange for a grown man to have had three separate biting incidents. Like who the fuck bites people?

It is. I was worried about him doing something stupid because I felt like the team psych and Rodgers was keeping it together for him. Looks like my fears were warranted. I mean he's like a case study for Dr Peters, his whole book is based on the premise on controlling your animalistic instincts to be the person you want to be. And he'd been well behaved until now.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Mata and De Gea, Spanish contingency increasing.

Slowly we will build the Spanish side up from the gutter, it is known. Wonder how well he will settle in England, i like that he is obviously a bit bulky and not shy of a challenge, been a long time since we had someone like that at our core. Oh this is wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom