• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bq7XaGdCAAAKJUP.jpg

Slizz

What does a 2 year(if true) international ban really do?

He'll still get checks from Liverpool....The WC comes every 4 years..... Misses the Copa America and meaningless friendlies.... Doesn't seem that bad...

GorillaJu

He'll still get checks from Liverpool....The WC comes every 4 years..... Misses the Copa America and meaningless friendlies....

He'll miss the rest of the World Cup and the Copa America. Those alone are huge for him.

Is this one of your guys alt hahahaha

YvwKiET.png

I actually had a save game in FM going with that kids face, cause the thought of that guy managing of football club just cracked me up.

Meier

He'll still get checks from Liverpool....The WC comes every 4 years..... Misses the Copa America and meaningless friendlies.... Doesn't seem that bad...
He obviously cares a huge deal about Uruguay's national team (this, the Ghana handball), but unless it's a unilateral ban, it's just about pointless. It certainly wouldn't prevent him from doing it again.

Linius

Why couldn't his instinct be to just like punch people or something. Elbowing seems to be popular in soccer. What the hell ever triggered his damn fascination with biting?

That's the thing with Suarez. If he would show his anger or whatever emotion it is by punching or kicking someone people wouldn't be going on about how he shouldn't be allowed on a football pitch anymore. Biting is just a fucking weird thing to do. But in the end it's just as bad as Song punching someone or all other kinds of weird behaviour we've seen in football games.

GorillaJu

He obviously cares a huge deal about Uruguay's national team (this, the Ghana handball), but unless it's a unilateral ban, it's just about pointless. It certainly wouldn't prevent him from doing it again.

You mean a 2-year ban from club football too? I mean it's a stupid thing to do but it's not THAT big a deal. In the grand scheme of things, biting is more shocking than it is heinous. It's not like there's ever the chance of serious injury for chomping on someone's shoulder through their shirt.

I doubt any ruling will affect the club side.

K1LLER7

That's pretty cool.

Great WC so far. Add Some controversy today. Some pretty good matches coming up next round too.

Also my top 3 players in the tournament so far:

1. Robben
2. James Rodriguez
3. Neymar

pulga

Banned
If the people who want Suarez off the pitch also wish a life long bang for tools like Pepe we have a conversation here.

Pepe went batshit on someone once and has never done so again, you can't count his little moments of foul play as agressions.

Suarez has done the same despicable act three times now.

Please think before posting m8

LegoArmo

If the people who want Suarez off the pitch also wish a life long bang for tools like Pepe we have a conversation here.

Pepe's assault of that one guy, who's name I'm forgetting, probably deserved a prison sentence and a 2 year ban from football, honestly. He got off lightly.

Muller, I think his name was?

GorillaJu

Pepe went batshit on someone once and has never done so again, you can't count his little moments of foul play as agressions.

Pepe, the guy who is currently suspended after head butting someone in his first game of the tournament?

Lol... Just, lol

Yen

Pepe has been an angel since then has he?

pulga

Banned
Pepe, the guy who is currently suspended after head butting someone in his first game of the tournament?

Lol... Just, lol

Hahahah dont be ridiculous, someone bring up the gif and tell me with a straight face that was a headbutt

Pepe has been an angel since then has he?

Nope, but he certainly hasn't full-blown assaulted someone since.

LiverpoolGAF is getting embarrassing with the comparisons, jesus christ. Apologists to no end.

Linius

If we're just talking about this tournament even Song needs to be mentioned. Doesn't even try to hide his punch, just goes for it :lol

Wilbur

Banned
If we're just talking about this tournament even Song needs to be mentioned. Doesn't even try to hide his punch, just goes for it :lol

We aren't though. We're talking about the fact Suarez has done the same weird fucking thing three times.

And it's after all the rehabilitation talk, and all the "you media laughed at me" nonsense.

He's obviously got something wrong with him that makes him snap like that and do the same shit.

K1LLER7

James Rodriguez is now Colombia's all-time top goalscorer at the World Cup finals. Quite incredible for a 22-year-old.

-----

I want us to sign him.

Louis Van Gaal, Woodward, pls :(

bud

Doesnt get any clearer than this.

Fucking do whats right FIFA and outright ban him from football. Utter scum.

I'll be livid if Florentino continues to chase this maniac. Fucking hell. Really thought he had "reformed"

this is absolutely rubbish.

just take a look at him in any liverpool game. hell, watch today's game, even. then notice how he goes absolutely ballistic whenever the referee blows his whistle; he's very aggressive, and it always looks like he's on the edge of physically lashing out at someone. today's incident doesn't surprise me in that regard--when you've got so much anger in you, you're bound to take it out on someone.

this was inevitable.

he needs help.

wedward

this is absolutely rubbish. in your defence, however, you're not the only one who's saying this.

just take a look at him in any liverpool game. hell, watch today's game, even. then notice how he goes absolutely ballistic whenever the referee blows his whistle; he's very aggressive, and it always looks like he's on the edge of physically lashing out at someone. today's incident doesn't surprise me in that regard. when you've got so much anger in you, you're bound to take it out on someone.

this was inevitable.

he needs help.

When the media said he reformed what they really meant was "he is scoring lots of goals and has yet to bite or racially abuse someone."

pulga

Banned
this is absolutely rubbish.

just take a look at him in any liverpool game. hell, watch today's game, even. then notice how he goes absolutely ballistic whenever the referee blows his whistle; he's very aggressive, and it always looks like he's on the edge of physically lashing out at someone. today's incident doesn't surprise me in that regard. when you've got so much anger in you, you're bound to take it out on someone.

this was inevitable.

he needs help.

we hadnt actually seen him do something as shocking since, i had a small flicker of hope he'd gone good and we could buy him and lead us to La Undecima :(

we were all fooled budley

pls bid 40.2m for him

When the media said he reformed what they really meant was "he is scoring lots of goals and has yet to bite or racially abuse someone."

pretty much this
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

WHY LUISITO WHY

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
LLShC.gif

Why has he lied about the incident in his interview after the game. I really don't understand that. Just don't say anything. It's obvious we are going to see the footage :lol

Best bit yet to come - when he uses all this as a reason to leave Liverpool.

Eh whatever. I'm not defending Suarez I just think the reactions are overboard.

It was the overall thing. Pulga wanted him banned forever while praising Zidane and defending Pepe, Linius saying "if we only count this tournaement" why... lol

and blablurns posts and tweets earlier

Linius

We aren't though. We're talking about the fact Suarez has done the same weird fucking thing three times.

And it's after all the rehabilitation talk, and all the "you media laughed at me" nonsense.

He's obviously got something wrong with him that makes him snap like that and do the same shit.

Of course, I completely agree with the fact that Suarez behaviour is off the charts and biting is an insane thing to do in a game of football. I just don't see how it's worse than players like Pepe who make a habit out of doing idiotic things on a football pitch including mostly horrific fouls.

Suarez should be punished accordingly but people shoud stop with the 'ban him from football' nonsense. He probably does need help though. His behaviour surely needs to change, you can't keep going on like this. He's a liability to his team. Uruguay without Suarez is just not the same. Just as Liverpool without Suarez is not the same. It's like he forgets he's so important to the team when he does stupid shit like that which gets him banned.

LegoArmo

Why has he lied about the incident in his interview after the game. I really don't understand that. Just don't say anything. It's obvious we are going to see the footage :lol

Best bit yet to come - when he uses all this as a reason to leave Liverpool.

Damn British press, always making him out to be a villain.

If my dog bit someone like that, it would be put down, just saying...

I don't have a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom