• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

FutbolSergi
"Noise here in Spain that Ander Herrera has passed his medicals in Bilbao ahead of #MUFC move. Deal to be announced tomorrow, say Cadena Ser."

I was right. #IAMITK

Suen

I can't wait until plug leaves after the World Cup
Pepe is a cunt and a maniac, or was one at least. Now he's just an idiot. He's been mostly quiet the past two years and hasn't been involved in any noteworthy incident. Let's not even compare current Pepe to Suarez; it hasn't even been half a year since Suarez tasted flesh.

god imagine if Pepe goes back to his old ways, then Ramos being an ass and Suarez playing up front for Madrid. Three big cunts in one team, even worse than Costa and Terry in the same team.

Linius

It was the overall thing. Pulga wanted him banned forever while praising Zidane and defending Pepe, Linius saying "if we only count this tournaement" why... lol

and blablurns posts and tweets earlier

I said 'if we're just talking about this tournament' because the Pepe headbutt from the first game was mentioned. I was talking about Pepe's career rather than just this world cup when I mentioned him in the first place. Pepe is a known tool after all.

pulga

Banned
Of course, I completely agree with the fact that Suarez behaviour is off the charts and biting is an insane thing to do in a game of football. I just don't see how it's worse than players like Pepe who make a habit out of doing idiotic things on a football pitch including mostly horrific fouls.

Please show me something absolutely horrific Pepe has done post-assault on the level of what Suarez has done thrice. I beg you.

and loooool at people bringing up the "headbutt", someone post the gif already

He's shameless about it all. That's the thing.

Alot of people do stupid things in life but, generally, they very quickly realise that. Suarez just...he really does just play the victim. That's it. He does these terrible things and then it's everyone's fault but his.

Yeah he's just odd. A strange man. Just give him a gum shield.

pulga

Banned

Alot of people do stupid things in life but, generally, they very quickly realise that. Suarez just...he really does just play the victim. That's it. He does these terrible things and then it's everyone's fault but his.

Pretty much the biggest problem. He could at least apologize and he'd earn back a sliver of respect.

His entourage of Uruguayan/Scouser apologists certainly doesnt help his case.

GorillaJu

And he's married with kids. I wonder what his wife thinks. Don't let him run from us Sofia, you know he needs Rodgers.

pulga said:
Pretty much the biggest problem. That and his entourage of Uruguayan/Scouser apologists.

Oh

My

God

:lol

And he's married with kids. I wonder what his wife thinks. Don't let him run from us Sofia, you know he needs Rodgers.

It came across my mind before...but I wonder what happens when he gets angry at his kid. Like everyone gets angry at their kid. I hope he doesn't bite her.

L1NETT

What's the maximum penalty for eye gouging in Rugby? Three years or something like that?

Doing something for the third time, the third goddamn time has got to be pushing something similar.

If the punishment is meaningless it may as well not be there at all.

And biting, like eye gouging, is a notably heinous act. Please don't compare it to Pepe's nudge. Utter trifle

pulga

Banned
Now that I think about it, I'd pay good money to see Suarez bite Pepe
3AQmK.gif

LTWheels

Pretty much the biggest problem. He could at least apologize and he'd earn back a sliver of respect.

His entourage of Uruguayan/Scouser apologists certainly doesnt help his case.

Common now Pulga, you have been salivating at the idea of Suarez playing for Madrid for the last 8 months. You didn't seem to care about his previous two biting incidents then.

Linius

That too yes, Suarez should man the fuck up and just outright say it when he did something stupid like today. Why ignore it when the whole can see it?

It's a shame such a brilliant football player also does stuff like this.

I've just seen it again.

It's just hilarious. Genuine lols.

There's a moment where his eyes latch on to Chiellini's shoulder. What on earth was he thinking in that moment?

"Shoulder. Pretty tasty juicy tender looking shoulder."

GorillaJu

It came across my mind before...but I wonder what happens when he gets angry at his kid. Like everyone gets angry at their kid. I hope he doesn't bite her.

I would think that with his wealth he never comes into any situation in life that let's adrenaline run wild the same way a football match does.

But imagine when little Delfina turns 17. "I'm so excited for the dance, daddy! Thanks so much for making dinner for me and my date. I wonder what's taking him so long to get here? And why do these pork chops taste weird?"

pulga

Banned
IN THIS THREAD THIS:

pepe2.gif

IS COMPARABLE TO THIS:

phdzcy.gif

SMH

Common now Pulga, you have been salivating at the idea of Suarez playing for Madrid for the last 8 months. You didn't seem to care about his previous two biting incidents then.

As I said, I genuinely thought you guys had reformed him. Suarez has no place in a football pitch.

Imagine its the CL Final in Berlin next year, match is tied 0-0 between Bayern and Madrid and Suarez pulls that shit in the 70th minute and gets sent off. Hell to the fucking no, he's not worth the trouble.

Kikarian

I would think that with his wealth he never comes into any situation in life that let's adrenaline run wild the same way a football match does.

But imagine when little Delfina turns 17. "I'm so excited for the dance, daddy! Thanks so much for making dinner for me and my date. I wonder what's taking him so long to get here? And why do these pork chops taste weird?"
That's what I mean about him :lol.

He's Hannibal-esque

HANN_692.jpg

Arnie

Let me be clear and say that firstly I'm happy Italy are out.

Secondly, despite some Usho'ing earlier in the thread, the bite incident makes our bargaining position over a potential Suarez move greater. Our value of the player does not decrease in the slightest but the amount other clubs are willing to throw in for him does.

And lastly, a bite like this doesn't test who's moral and who isn't. Nobody thinks biting is right and should go unpunished. But anyone who thinks this changes anything in terms of Liverpool's perception of the player is a fucking moron.

He's a huge asset. The third best player in the world. Viva mocking the "you would do the same" vibe is flat out idiotic (and thus I assume he was trolling), you don't just write off an asset like that or willingly push it away from you because of a bite against some random footballer. The rhetoric from Liverpool fans and officials will be what it was last year: he's in the wrong and he needs psychiatric help. All the other reactionary nonsense is spineless club warfare and it's pathetic.

Ban him. Counsel him. What more can you feasibly do?

Suen

IN THIS THREAD THIS:

pepe2.gif

IS COMPARABLE TO THIS:

phdzcy.gif

SMH

As I said, I genuinely thought you guys had reformed him. Suarez has no place in a football pitch.

Imagine its the CL Final in Berlin next year, match is tied 0-0 between Bayern and Madrid and Suarez pulls that shit in the 70th minute and gets sent off. Hell to the fucking no, he's not worth the trouble.
You expect too much from Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom