• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
pls draw elsk a map to your backyard cos the last thing i want is for it to get to the end of the month and for elsk to be dropping his last banana on the floor

Elsk is gonna flip out when he finds out for how much a (1) mango verde goes for here in Rome.

Over 3 euros. That's about 100 lempiras. Podes comer en Power Chicken con eso jajajaja
KuGsj.gif

Uzzy

FutbolSergi
"Noise here in Spain that Ander Herrera has passed his medicals in Bilbao ahead of #MUFC move. Deal to be announced tomorrow, say Cadena Ser."

I was right. #IAMITK

Finally buying a midfielder. I don't believe it. Something bad is going to happen, I'm sure of it. He'll fall down the the stairs while boarding the airplane to Manchester and break his leg.

pulga

Banned
Two year ban is far too little. Ban him until USA 2022

omg

i've watched it five times, this is photoshopped right? it must be

looooooooooooool

m8 ive seen 8 year old boys and girls grinding each other dancing to reggaeton while ive been doing social service in public schools

latino america is a crazy place :(

bud

i don't want pirlo's last game to be the final game in the group stage against fucking uruguay. pirlo needs a proper goodbye, and it need to happen in the final. play the tournament of your life, and then break someone's leg in that semi final, andrea.

you've earned it.

Kikarian

Finally buying a midfielder. I don't believe it. Something bad is going to happen, I'm sure of it. He'll fall down the the stairs while boarding the airplane to Manchester and break his leg.
If we still had Moyes, this would definitely happen.

wedward

Luis Suarez "We were both in the area, he thrust his shoulder into me."

Papillo ‏@Phaetonv2 2m
"Evra knew I was throwing out racial abuse and decided to get within earshot of it"

Linius

I can't stop watching it. The video cuts off a bit too early, sounds like the commentator just started laughing. It's too good.

That will be my new go to reaction gif.

Elchele

Elsk is gonna flip out when he finds out for how much a (1) mango verde goes for here in Rome.

Over 3 euros. That's about 100 lempiras. Podes comer en Power Chicken con eso jajajaja
KuGsj.gif

damn

now I want some power chicken with yuca y platano frito

Kikarian

Sorry, what was that?

Haven't been reading through nor did I see anything remotely pragmatic on Twitter (shock). I'm sure you can remedy that though.
Everyone has said he needs to be banned. I have yet to see anyone be serious about saying anything else that's never going to happen.

Arnie

Everyone has said he needs to be banned. I have yet to see anyone be serious about saying anything else that's never going to happen.
I said what can you do other than ban him.

You said people have suggested other things.

I asked what they were.

You said people have suggested to ban him.

Forgive me if I think you're slow.

Slizz

pls everytime i go to the supermarket i wanna buy a damn mango but i refuse to pay three fucking euros for it

It's mango season here. You can literally walk up and down the street and get a crate, there are so many mango trees and people have so much they just give them away.

Not for me.

Yeah seems alright now for me.

I asked what they were.

I suggest we force him to get Evertons emblem tattooed on his forehead. Not much different from those crazy judges in Texas that makes thieves go around with signs saying they are thieves. It's something we should due to him, to shame him.

Kikarian

I asked what they were.

My exact words were: "What has been said (other than mere jokes) to suggest otherwise?"

I asked WHAT has been suggested by other people not PEOPLE HAVE suggested other things.

You didn't understand what I meant, and it was pretty clear.

K1LLER7

He can't. I just watched a 12 minute video of him bossing against Real Madrid. He has to come even if he breaks his leg. He'll run rings round hardman Jordan Henderson

pulga

Banned
It's mango season here. You can literally walk up and down the street and get a crate, there are so many mango trees and people have so much they just give them away.

Same in Honduras, though you can even pick them off a tree, they're so common :(

FUCK IT IM BUYING A MANGO

FuturusX

I'm down with a long ban for Suarez. But I also feel that we need to re-examine the disciplinary process for violent conduct period. If you stamp or elbow an opponent is that not in the same league as a bite?

K1LLER7

I'm down with a long ban for Suarez. But I also feel that we need to re-examine the disciplinary process for violent conduct period. If you stamp or elbow an opponent is that not in the same league as a bite?
Can be hard to distinguish between an accidental elbow when jumping for the ball and a clear one. Could cause a lot of disruption and how refs judge these things.

A bite on the other hand is highly unlikely to ever be accidental. And is worse imo.

Arnie

My exact words were: "What has been said (other than mere jokes) to suggest otherwise?"

I asked WHAT has been suggested by other people not PEOPLE HAVE suggested other things.

You didn't understand what I meant, and it was pretty clear.
Ah, apologies, I thought you were answering my question, not answering with a question.

I suppose ultimately it concerns me that a good portion of the debate on Suarez revolves around how others should see him as a result of the bite, naturally.

In fact I guess you are completely right, as a course of action there haven't been suggestions other than banning and counselling. Not serious anyway. Although that was a fraction of my post. I still believe moments like this are jumped upon.

I don't like biting. It's unarguably worth a ban. Doesn't repulse me much more than many transgressions within the game and hits me far less than some of the shit I see on a day to day basis. And so I find it hard to engage in these "Suarez is a fucking monster" debates.

I see monsters on the train heading into London every morning. Horrible beings that if they were on a football pitch would gouge out your eyes before giving you an inch to breathe.

FuturusX

Cam be hard to distinguish between an accidental elbow when jumping for the ball and a clear one. Could cause a lot of disruption and how refs judge these things.

A bite on the other hand is highly unlikely to ever be accidental.

Innocuous elbows aside. There are some that are clear violent conduct. Song's elbow is a great example. Not a ball in sight..not jumping to challenge for anything. Not even a reaction or lash out. A pure per-medidated attack on a player.

3 game ban.

Not to suggest all violent conduct is equal. But If I'm Suarez's lawyer...I'm building my case right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom