• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Banned
Serge Aurier needs to sort out his defensive discipline. Good going forward but will get taught many a lesson defensively in the premier league. Wish he didn't play for Ivory Coast.

Think we should go for Coleman, he'd be expensive but it would sort that position out for a good five years.

With Aurier there are question marks over his defensive abilities and he'll bugger off to AFCON for six weeks in January.

Lightning

Banned
Liverpool fans are arguing about the bite more than the Italians.
Sad that Italy are out but is it true that Balotelli was the only player not to listen to Pirlo after the game?

Think we should go for Coleman, he'd be expensive but it would sort that position out for a good five years.

With Aurier there are question marks over his defensive abilities and he'll bugger off to AFCON for six weeks in January.
David Luiz and now Shaw's transfers have killed the epl market. Insanity to buy anyone local this window now. Has to be outside the premier league.

Bq6yCYzCcAAtDQY.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sad that Italy are out but is it true that Balotelli was the only player not to listen to Pirlo after the game?
or wait for Prandelli after he resigned in the press conference.

and thank you. I think we all saw it coming after the Costa Rica game, simply not good enough.

@people with HDMI splitters, do you use a switch on the splitter-box, or does it give you extra options within the TV's UI?

Thinking of getting an Xbox One when that Halo collection comes out, but that'd leave 4 devices vying for 2 HDMI slots

Anyway, it looks like Yurt and I weren't that wrong about Balo:
It's funny how some people think that Balo will be our most important player in the WC. We'll be lucky if he plays a decent game against Costa Rica, let alone help Italy in a significant way.
That's EXACTLY what's going to happen. And for some reason we're the only ones saying this Lucifer.

WAKE UP PEOPLE
Just got the game wrong, he did something good against England.

He was on the bus when Pirlo was doing his antidoping tests, then apparently somebody asked him to go back inside and listen to what Pirlo had to say.

Lightning

Banned
or wait for Prandelli after he resigned in the press conference.

and thank you. I think we all saw it coming after the Costa Rica game, simply not good enough.
That guy is unbelievable. It's that attitude why I really don't want him at our club.

Intolerable asshole. Prandelli made mistakes this world cup, happens, deserves more respect though. Just a shame.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That guy is unbelievable. It's that attitude why I really don't want him at our club.

Intolerable asshole. Prandelli made mistakes this world cup, happens, deserves more respect though. Just a shame.

it's just stories, and hope it isn't true.

but DDR did seem a bit...pissed about something. :lol

"Santi Cazorla? I don't know this guy!"

Forget Wenger and wait for Mino Raiola's comments :p

GQman2121

Banned
I think the internet journalist gambled on Balotelli to Arsenal based solely on Puma being their new shirt sponsor. They ran with that angle for so long that they actually believed it was true.

Messi

Finally, I think the bite against Chiellini has screwed Suarez out of any chance in madrid anyways. I think Farsa would appreciate Suarez more. a cuntish, classless club and a classless, cuntish player. a match made in heaven.

We have classless players and arrogant fuckers. Madrid have a legitimately violent player in Pepe. Your Barça hate is strong.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Comprehensively tickled that we're back at "you can't stop him biting people: it's what gives him his edge".

He grew up poor, in a country where most poor people stay that way forever. His past makes him unafraid of danger, because being shot isn't nearly as scary as becoming that 11-year-old boy again. Biting makes sense to him. He'd bite a stranger to keep from being dragged back to that border-town kitchen.

anything that threatens his ability to score, and win, isn't processed in his subconscious as the act of a sportsman but, rather, as an act of aggression against his wife and his children. Watching him play certainly supports the idea because, when a defender presses close, Suarez doesn't respond as if the man is trying to take the ball. He reacts as if the defender is trying to send him back to the streets of Montevideo, alone.

oh bliss

Anyone know how he got banned or if he asked for it yet? Odd is one of the best posters on here. :(

Pete got himself banned again?

Morsel pls.

Haha serious?

Which gif? I'm just catching up.

The one showing Suarez bite better. Meier tweetet it and it spread, no idea why everyone else sems to not have that angle... It was just from danish television, can't imagine them having access to anything but the standard feed from Brazil.

TeddyBoy

Man Utd kept Cantona after he attacked a fan, Ferdinand after his drugs ban and Keane after he tried to finish someone's career. They can say what they like, if it was their player, they'd all want to keep him. Hell, arsenal tried to buy him during his last ban.

Having said that, he needs his fucking head looking at. It's not normal.

Moc summed my thoughts up perfectly. There have been some terrible incidents in football with players lashing out and many people forget them in time and only remember their goals or team contributions. Suarez's last Liverpool bite was forgotten when he scored nearly every game over Christmas and some forgot it earlier when Arsenal tried to sign him.

He isn't crazy though, he knows perfectly well what he's doing and does it to force a transfer to a different club. It worked at Ajax and he's merely repeating something that worked.

He isn't crazy though, he knows perfectly well what he's doing and does it to force a transfer to a different club. It worked at Ajax and he's merely repeating something that worked.

I highly doubt that. How would this force a transfer anyway, he will just be banned from international football no? If anything that would make the very biggest team look away from him, not wanting to risk this from one of their players...

Brian is on twitter duder

and whatsapp, yurt.

Pretty odd way of going about it, doing it for the national team, ruining his own world cup, making his reputation even worse, and quite possibly putting off the only teams that can afford and want him.

Walshy

Pretty odd way of going about it, doing it for the national team, ruining his own world cup, making his reputation even worse, and quite possibly putting off the only teams that can afford and want him.
That's why I don't think it's anything to do with 'forcing a move'.

He clearly has issues.

That's why I don't think it's anything to do with 'forcing a move'.

He clearly has issues.

Yep.

Biting is obviously a reflex for hm, an instant response to frustration. There is no chance whatsoever that he thinks about it and comes to the reasoned conclusion 'I should bite him'

It's fucking weird

rossonero

The one showing Suarez bite better. Meier tweetet it and it spread, no idea why everyone else sems to not have that angle... It was just from danish television, can't imagine them having access to anything but the standard feed from Brazil.

Pictures from your gif are in Sweden's biggest newspaper as well :lol

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/landslagsfotboll/vm2014/article19113457.ab

Italy :( who the hell am I supposed to root for now? Chile? Colombia?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yep.

Biting is obviously a reflex for hm, an instant response to frustration. There is no chance whatsoever that he thinks about it and comes to the reasoned conclusion 'I should bite him'

It's fucking weird

reflex
KuGsj.gif

what kinda REFLEX is biting
KuGsj.gif

an action that is performed without conscious thought as a response to a stimulus.

what was the stimulus? Chiellini's broad shoulders? Ivan's bitter Serbian flesh? Being dominated all game can't be considered a stimulus surely? Neither did anything when he bit them.

reflex
KuGsj.gif

what kinda REFLEX is biting
KuGsj.gif

what was the stimulus? Chiellini's broad shoulders? Ivan's bitter Serbian flesh? Being dominated all game can't be considered a stimulus surely? Neither did anything when he bit them.

Do you think he thinks about biting people before he does it?

bjaelke

Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
All things considered I'd rather receive a bite than a leg breaking challenge. Whilst he should be punished, it is not the end of the world.

the one endorsement you dont want

WJD

He's mentally fucked, no point trying to figure out the motivation for actions like this. Whatever kind of ban he ends up getting, he'll do something similar again - almost guaranteed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you think he thinks about biting people before he does it?

He's not a fucking infant or a rabid dog. He was just stupid enough to think he can get away with it, they were on the verge of crashing out and he was frustrated by Chiellini. It wasn't a reflex, it wasn't something beyond his control, he WANTED to bite him. And you know why? Because he's a dirty motherfucker, that's why. Kinda like diving or elbowing someone, the cameras WILL catch you, but you don't really care as long as you get away with it during the game.

Stop sugarcoating it for the love of FUCK

GQman2121

Banned
I think Hitch has it right. He doesn't plot these biting attacks out. They just spontaneously happen when he reaches a point that he needs to lash out. You see it with a number of players, they just don't bite people.

I feel sorry for LFC, they spent the better part of the last year mending his image and he even got awards this year and then he does that, not only damaging his reputation but making LFC look bad at the same time.

Mastadon

Banned
Joseph Barton @Joey7Barton
All things considered I'd rather receive a bite than a leg breaking challenge. Whilst he should be punished, it is not the end of the world.

the one endorsement you dont want

So it goes:

Bite >>> Leg breaking challenge >>>>> Stubbing your cigarette out on a team-mates eye

TeddyBoy

I highly doubt that. How would this force a transfer anyway, he will just be banned from international football no? If anything that would make the very biggest team look away from him, not wanting to risk this from one of their players...

Liverpool took a risk on him at Ajax and it was my understanding that Ajax decided they didn't want Suarez after the biting incident when they previously weren't inclined to sell.

The club just decides he isn't worth the hassle and cash him in so Suarez can get a pay day from a big transfer.

I'll need Bacon or Linius to check that though.

I can only think Madrid or Barcelona didn't have confirmed interest until now and he couldn't do this during the season.

As for putting teams off, it depends on what opinion you have. Is Suarez doing this randomly or intentionly? If it's randomly like many people say then that would put you off. If you take my view he does it intentionly for his own gain (a big transfer), then if you were a big enough club he'd surely stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom