• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Hitch has it right. He doesn't plot these biting attacks out. They just spontaneously happen when he reaches a point that he needs to lash out. You see it with a number of players, they just don't bite people.

no one knows why he did, and it doesn't/shouldn't matter. You can't bite someone in a football game ffs! At least leg breakers are technically mistimed tackles, something IN the game.

He's not a fucking infant or a rabid dog. He was just stupid enough to think he can get away with it, they were on the verge of crashing out and he was frustrated by Chiellini. It wasn't a reflex, it wasn't something beyond his control, he WANTED to bite him. And you know why? Because he's a dirty motherfucker, that's why. Kinda like diving or elbowing someone, the cameras WILL catch you, but you don't really care as long as you get away with it during the game.

Stop sugarcoating it for the love of FUCK

So you think he spends all game getting frustrated by Chiellini and actually thinks to himself 'I know, I'll bite him, gain nothing from it, get banned for months, sully my reputation even more, and probably kill any chance I had of moving to Madrid or Barca. That's alright though as long as the ref doesn't see me when I actually do it.'

Nonsense. And it isn't sugarcoating, it's still disgusting and needs to be punished harshly. There's no excuse for it.

I feel sorry for LFC, they spent the better part of the last year mending his image and he even got awards this year and then he does that, not only damaging his reputation but making LFC look bad at the same time.

Anyone who thought he'd truly put this kind of thing behind him is a fool. I've spent all season waiting for him to do something mental again, not sure why I'm surprised that it's been a bite yet again.

We know what kind of person we have, we can't whinge about it when he disgraces himself and us again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So you think he spends all game getting frustrated by Chiellini and actually thinks to himself 'I know, I'll bite him, gain nothing from it, get banned for months, sully my reputation even more, and probably kill any chance I had of moving to Madrid or Barca. That's alright though as long as the ref doesn't see me when I actually do it.'

Nonsense. And it isn't sugarcoating, it's still disgusting and needs to be punished harshly. There's no excuse for it.
Eh it sure fucked with Chiellini's mind though! He fucking rattled him

but you're right he can't control himself

he's got a temper that one

he had a rough childhood

Yep.

What was his reason for biting, to stop the ball? No, because he was fucking livid and it was of course, a violent impulsive act to hurt. You don't reward those kind of acts in football.

thank you.

Walshy

Anyone who thought he'd truly put this kind of thing behind him is a fool. I've spent all season waiting for him to do something mental again, not sure why I'm surprised that it's been a bite yet again.

We know what kind of person we have, we can't whinge about it when he disgraces himself and us again.
Personally, I'm not whinging. What he has done is wrong and should be punished accordingly.

What gets me though, is the lack of any sort of investigation into to the morality of the club who wants to buy Suarez. "Sell Liverpool, it's the moral thing to do". Yet, that hasn't stopped Arsenal, Barcelona or Real Madrid having interest in him in recent years.

Wilbur

Banned
Liverpool should probably impose their own sanctions though. How they, and Dalglish, acted in the wake of the Evra saga was utterly fucking embarrassing. I can't remember if they did much after the Ivanovic bite, I assume they fined him.

As an Italian, I have no complaints that a red was not given. He was dealing with the free kick at the time and could not have seen the incident. The linesmen should have seen the incident as a headbutt, but who knows what he was looking out. This incident was not to blame for the loss.

It does amaze me that there is a Luis Suarez defence force. All three biting incidents have come out of nothing really. It was not like he was reacting to violence towards him. They have all been acts of a violent man who knew what he was doing. None of this can count as a normal part of horseplay in the sport. He is just a violent thug, who does not punch and kick players, but bites people. these have not been the act of a player who was out of control through the normal emotions of a game.

He should be banned from international football for life and a season long ban from the club football would be fair.. He is a danger to other players and would be a criminal offence if it was done in the street.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Italy. What a pathetic display. We deserved to get beat because we showed no hunger to win the game despite our domination.

Prandelli has been perfect for 4 years. I was able to take the constant friendly defeats because they were always sugar coated as not important and about testing out different systems and players. But this tournament has shown that the tactical flexibility is nothing but unsettling. We should have been using these friendlies to fine tune strengths. All three games it was clear that there was no connection between attack and midifeld, and how can there be with the constant chopping and changing.

Prandelli made a lot of mistakes with the personnel he selected. Selecting Marchisio as winger in the CR game was beyond a joke and really sums up Prandelli's decisions.

Sure a lot of the attacking players were very disappointing and let the side down, had Balo scored his easy chance against CR then we should have gone through. But the blame must rest with Prandelli for creating a team that does not create many chances.

At the end of the day this teams two biggest problems the past two years have been turning our passing advantage into meaningful penetration, and defending set pieces. Both of these is what ultimately cost us in the Uruguay and CR game.

I wish Prandelli was a bit more of a risk taker and had selected either Berardi or El Shaz. One of them on the left would have been nice.

_________________________________________-

As for a new manager, I have no clue who will be selected. I am guessing it will be between Spalletti, Ranieri. Alegri, Zac, and Mancini. Unless something very drastic happens with Conte, Montella, Ancelotti
My personal choice
, Capello.

Walshy

Liverpool should probably impose their own sanctions though. How they, and Dalglish, acted in the wake of the Evra saga was utterly fucking embarrassing. I can't remember if they did much after the Ivanovic bite, I assume they fined him.
If I remember correctly, the people who handled the PR for the Suarez affair was sacked.

The Ivanovic incident, Liverpool immediately fined Suarez and gave the fine to the Hillsborough Support Group, he issued an apology saying how he let the team and fans down.

Ayre and Rodgers heavily criticised him as well at the time.

I was thinking we should internally ban him earlier, but I think that'd end up just being a PR move that does us more damage than good.

I don't think there's anything we can really do aside from getting even more psychologists involved (doubt they can fix him though), or trying to sell him. Maybe put a few clauses in his contract that allow us to impose massive fines on him when he fucks up like this, but I doubt that'd stop it from happening either

Maybe have him train on his own for a while, but that also probably ends up damaging the team more than him

Wilbur

Banned
Why would Liverpool do anything? He did this with Uruguay.

To show them this shit doesn't stand when he returns? Not that he'll fucking listen.

Barcelona have signed Claudio Bravo.

I have no idea why they're spending so much on a back up keeper; I understand Ter Stegen is young and they'll probably bed him in slowly and use Bravo, but still.

Wonder what's happening with Valdes.

GQman2121

Banned
no one knows why he did, and it doesn't/shouldn't matter. You can't bite someone in a football game ffs! At least leg breakers are technically mistimed tackles, something IN the game.

I'm not attempting to make an excuse for the rat faced fucker. I'm just saying he's clearly mentally fucked in the head and these aren't calculated outbursts. He's reacting like a cobra that thinks there's a mongoose behind him.

Reenactment:
ilwslv.gif

Barcelona have signed Claudio Bravo.

Does anyone know what's going on with Reina? My brother said Rafa has been quoted as saying Napoli don't want him, Barca obviously don't want him either, and his wages are too high for him to be second choice here and he burnt a few bridges with his quotes after being sent out

Walshy

I have no idea why they're spending so much on a back up keeper; I understand Ter Stegen is young and they'll probably bed him in slowly and use Bravo, but still.

Wonder what's happening with Valdes.
I thought Valdes was going to Monaco?

Does anyone know what's going on with Reina? My brother said Rafa has been quoted as saying Napoli don't want him, Barca obviously don't want him either, and his wages are too high for him to be second choice here and he burnt a few bridges with his quotes after being sent out
He's coming back to Liverpool.

No one will pay his 120k p/w wages. Going to be interesting to have him battle it out with Mignolet, which I sort of wanted last season anyhow.

He needs to patch up the relationship with Rodgers though.

I'm not attempting to make an excuse for the rat faced fucker. I'm just saying he's clearly mentally fucked in the head and these aren't calculated outbursts. He's reacting like a cobra that thinks there's a mongoose behind him.

Reenactment:
ilwslv.gif

I don't think he is mentally fucked. He is just a violent individual. None of these incidents really count as the heat of the game, but rather as someone who intended to inflict harm on another person.

I thought Valdes was going to Monaco?

He's coming back to Liverpool.

No one will pay his 120k p/w wages. Going to be interesting to have him battle it out with Mignolet, which I sort of wanted last season anyhow.

He needs to patch up the relationship with Rodgers though.

I'd be quite happy with that tbh, wages aside. Not nearly as confident in Mignolet as others are, not just as a keeper, but as the kind of keeper we need in our back 4. SerieA-GAF will know better than me here, but he seemed to be performing to a much higher standard last season than he had for Liverpool in the 3 seasons preceding it

Bumhead

Banned
We fired the person in charge of handling the Evra affair.

Clearly though that whole sorry episode went a bit deeper than just some PR schmuck in an office.

Kenny Dalglish showed his true colours. The Kop has no issue with total devotion to odious cunts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Reenactment:
ilwslv.gif

Ahahahah that's brilliant!

I hope Conan and the other talk shows mention it too :lol

pls no

pls be as clueless as you've been the rest of your life phil

dont do this to me

I told you we're useless

Walshy

I'd be quite happy with that tbh, wages aside. Not nearly as confident in Mignolet as others are, not just as a keeper, but as the kind of keeper we need in our back 4. SerieA-GAF will know better than me here, but he seemed to be performing to a much higher standard last season than he had for Liverpool in the 3 seasons preceding it
He is still prone to a mistake, but I wouldn't mind to see them compete for the number one spot. I'm not convinced with Mignolet at all.

I still think if Rodgers doesn't want him as a back-up, he'll attempt to loan him out again.

Surely Monaco would have signed him by now? I heard they pulled out because of his injury.
Ah, I didn't know they cancelled the deal. It's a shame he got his injury, he was outstanding last season.

bjaelke

Bollocks, don't believe that for a second.

He isn't Sakho, there's no way we could get it done quietly without a very public bidding war. Unless we had leverage like sending Agger the other way

barcastuff @barcastuff
Liverpool could accept to include Alexis Sanchez or Pedro in a deal on a transfer of Luis Suarez. Barcelona prefer to include Alexis. [ser]

He is still prone to a mistake, but I wouldn't mind to see them compete for the number one spot. I'm not convinced with Mignolet at all.

I still think if Rodgers doesn't want him as a back-up, he'll attempt to loan him out again.

As long as the mistakes stopped being so common that you ended up expecting them, that's a vast improvement on his form before he left :p

Yeah, Agger.

That was under the assumption that they've been put off of a Suarez deal. Thompson is obviously talking about rumours he'd heard before the Italy match though, so yeah, Suarez makes sense.

Guessing Barca are rethinking Suarez's worth right now though, so the Sanchez move is dead while they figure that out

Clegg

That was under the assumption that they've been put off of a Suarez deal. Thompson is obviously talking about rumours he'd heard before the Italy match though, so yeah, Suarez makes sense.

Guessing Barca are rethinking Suarez's worth right now though, so the Sanchez move is dead while they figure that out
Sanchez is an excellent footballer who thrives in a free role. Not sure how he'd fit in the same team as Suarez, Coutinho, Sterling. Could always play him on the wing, but that's a waste if his talent. Unless one of them leaves the club ofc.

Carbonox

barcastuff @barcastuff
Liverpool could accept to include Alexis Sanchez or Pedro in a deal on a transfer of Luis Suarez. Barcelona prefer to include Alexis. [ser]

Barca make me laugh. Sanchez vs Pedro is a fucking no brainer but then they want Higuain so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom