• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Uruguay are fucking scum.

Uruguay defender Diego Lugano has hit out at Italy's Giorgio Chiellini in the wake of the incident involving Luis Suarez during Tuesday's World Cup encounter.

The Liverpool star appeared to bite the defender during a tussle in the Italy area, with the Juventus man attempting to show the referee the mark on his shoulder following the incident.

Images circulated on social media showing the alleged damage caused by Suarez after the match but Lugano insists the Azzurri defender already had a scar from a previous incident and has branded the player "a coward."

"Are you sure you saw a bite?" Lugano said to reporters when questioned.

"Because I've watched the incident again and I saw nothing...

"I've seen the picture of Chiellini. That scar isn't from today's game. You have to be very stupid to believe that scar is from now.

"Italy had been wasting time the entire match, provoking us on the pitch like they always do.

"I never believed an Italian player could be such a coward off the pitch. During the game, yes, it is all part of football, but I think the manly thing to do would be to just accept defeat. To denounce your opponents just out of bitterness is bad.

"There was no bite and there was no scar."

Cristian Rodriguez, meanwhile, also downplayed the incident before hailing defender Diego Godin's influence following his matchwinning goal.

"We are all men. I think it was nothing, I didn’t see anything and I think there will not be consequences," he said.

"Godin's goal was no coincidence. He is a player who is very strong in the air and has scored important goals."

Fucking throw them out the tournament FIFA.

scently

Serious question. Do you guys think that Colombia would look as good as they do with Falcao in the lineup?

Well, they looked good yesterday with Jackson taking up Falcao's position upfront. I can only imagine that they would look better with him in the side, fully fit.

Slizz

Well, they looked good yesterday with Jackson taking up Falcao's position upfront. I can only imagine that they would look better with him in the side, fully fit.

They've looked good in every game so far, just makes me wonder if maybe having Falcao (the guy that everyone was hyping up the most on the team) out there would cause some sort of disconnect.

The team right now seems to be playing fluidly together, especially between Rodriguez and Martinez.

They looked better with Falcao.

Seriously can't remember the last time I saw Falcao play in the Colombia uniform and of course it was probably a friendly with nothing on the line.

Meier

Zidane is the new RM Castilla coach
Taking a page from City.

isn't that one labelled photoshop actually a photoshop? the two fang marks make it look like a joke vampire bite.

Nope, it's real/undoctored. It was direct from a photographer for Getty Images.

did your phone survive it?

what happens when your phone suddenly recieves 8000 notifcations

that must be the end

Thankfully I use Tweetbot and don't have phone-based notifications turned on for it. It would have been like using a vibrator otherwise.

let me help you

KN7kReS.jpg

suarezbellrmkjg.png

Yen

Danny Mills says Suarez should go to prison over this.

I think it's hilarious that a bookie (888) thinks what Suarez did was wrong, and worth reviewing their contact.

pulga

Banned
I really cant wrap my head around Lugano calling Chiellini a coward and pulling out the "be a man" card.

Samaras fucking Christ

Hixx

It is weird how stuff like biting and headbutting seems to be ok in the eyes of the law if it takes place on a football pitch, like.

Things like Keane on Haaland as well. Intentional GBH, but it's alright because it's on a bit of grass
KuGsj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
It is weird how stuff like biting and headbutting seems to be ok in the eyes of the law if it takes place on a football pitch, like.

Things like Keane on Haaland as well. Intentional GBH, but it's alright because it's on a bit of grass
KuGsj.gif

Yeah it is weird :lol, but then they got involved with Terry and Anton. Keane probably should have been subject to lethal injection.

Boxing though innit, the only sport where you can legally kill someone

elseanio

KuGsj.gif

Ben Thatchers elbow is the worse thing I've seen on a pitch, definitely deserving of a formal police charge. Is it up to the player to make a complaint and press charges?

LTWheels

Oh wow, this was probably lost yesterday in all the Suarez news,

Helena Costa quit on her first day before taking her first training session.

Wilbur

Banned
Ben Thatchers elbow is the worse thing I've seen on a pitch, definitely deserving of a formal police charge. Is it up to the player to make a complaint and press charges?

Yeah, that was fucking atrocious. Honestly could have killed him.

Oh wow, this was probably lost yesterday in all the Suarez news,

Helena Costa quit on her first day before taking her first training session.

Smells a little bit like PR stunt to me.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Calm down, your like a dog with a bone. When you get obsessed about something you really go all in first the real Madrid champions league photos now this
He's right though, we talking football here. He obviously isn't talking about the country. I'm not even sure why it has to be explained over and over again.

Wilbur

Banned
It really pisses me off in the world cup thread how someone slates the Greeks or the Uruguayans and people think you're talking about the entire country

Fuck off you over sensitive minge curtains

operon

He's right though, we talking football here. He obviously isn't talking about the country. I'm not even sure why it has to be explained over and over again.

I must be blind can't see where it was explained over and over and over again. But what do I know pics of Wilbur has surely cause me brain damage

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
It really pisses me off in the world cup thread how someone slates the Greeks or the Uruguayans and people think you're talking about the entire country

I'm already anticipating tomorrow's South Korea game. Will be fun.

Slizz

#Adidas holding a meeting to consider its future relationship with Luis #Suarez after striker accused of biting Italian player at World Cup

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/481797161571852288

If this was in the USA this would be enough to get a player to most likely change their ways. Simply because players here make more money for the most part off endorsements than their contract with a team.

Take money out of the pocket and people tend to change.

Meier

So why is no club going after Jackson Martínez this summer?

Someone will go for him eventually. 60 goals in 2 seasons at Porto -- Hulk "only" managed 76 in his 4 full seasons there. Pinto da Costa probably came when he scored his second yesterday.

I'd start him over that Balowhatshisface any day of the week

0% chance Milan would get him because there's no way Porto would sell for less than €40m or so. They got upwards of €50m for Falcao and anywhere from €40-60m for Hulk.

pulga

Banned

M8 Operon just pulled that shit on me in this very thread

Pulga calm down and don't call a whole country scum, at least specify its the team ffs.

Context how does it work SMFH

What if somebody insults the country with the football players as the representatives. Like that one lady in twitter who had to resign from her position in unicef or some crap cause she posted images of falcao and James doing cocaine on the field. Then can I get insulted?

MA people.

Wilbur

Banned
M8 Operon just pulled that shit on me in this very thread

Context how does it work SMFH

Operon is Irish so he's drunk
dat whole country

What if somebody insults the country with the football players as the representatives. Like that one lady in twitter who had to resign from her position in unicef or some crap cause she posted images of falcao and James doing cocaine on the field. Then can I get insulted?

MA people.

wat :lol, I never heard of that. Sounds fun though. Hamez looks like a coke snorter. I love him.

I miss Andres. Will someone message him on Xbox live so Admiral has a Colombian buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom