• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played 3 games and lost all 3. I wouldn't call that unlucky
9jBmg.png

Naaa you were, hit the post a few times etc etc

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't laugh guys but I still can't watch the World Cup

Football means nothing to me

Football is a flat circle

..:(

Timurid

I've read that this is a byproduct of troops overseas.
It's still a shitty loophole. I would be fine if they born in the US and moved to whatever country or vice versa. They most likely never stay in America for more than year in their life. For example, Majority of french players were born in France or like Evra moved from Senegal to france. So I can't understand how you can represent a country you never lived in.

Barzul

German American in the usmnt situation is pretty rediculous.

It's not to most Americans I've spoken with. They actually appreciate the fact that these guys chose America over Germany and now identify with the country. Plus majority of them have American parents too (mostly military). Some of these guys have not even lived in the US anywhere close to the length of time Balotelli has in Italy. I'm quite certain if I ever chose to naturalize in US, I'd be considered very American. It's why the Italian sentiment seems really absurd to me. I mean seriously, the guy grew up there since he was like a baby and somehow he doesn't feel as strongly as the rest of the Italians? Ridiculous.

Yen

When I first started posting in this thread I thought Wilbur and Willkiller were the same person
I thought Yurt and I were the same person. I wanted to crawl inside his mind so he could understand me and I could feel what it's like to be inside him.

I thought Yurt and I were the same person. I wanted to crawl inside his mind so he could understand me and I could feel what it's like to be inside him.
Usually I can tell what avatar is whose from the corner of my eye but when I read a post by you or OddMorsel, I have to look directly in the avatar because from the corner you look the same :<

omgkitty

It's not to most Americans I've spoken with. They actually appreciate the fact that these guys chose America over Germany and now identify with the country. Plus majority of them have American parents too (mostly military). Some of these guys have not even lived in the US anywhere close to the length of time Balotelli has in Italy. I'm quite certain if I ever chose to naturalize in US, I'd be considered very American. It's why the Italian sentiment seems really absurd to me. I mean seriously, the guy grew up there since he was like a baby and somehow he doesn't feel as strongly as the rest of the Italians? Ridiculous.

Americans don't give a shit as long as the player is good. If you're just a normal immigrant, most Americans where I'm from (Tennessee) hate you and talk shit about you behind your back and "wish you'd go back to your own country." But, if you're really fucking good at sports and want to play for us, you're one of the family.

Barzul

It's still a shitty loophole. I would be fine if they born in the US and moved to whatever country or vice versa. They most likely never stay in America for more than year in their life. For example, Majority of french players were born in France or like Evra moved from Senegal to france. So I can't understand how you can represent a country you never lived in.

We can't know what kind of personal ties they have to the country. I mean I was watching documentary series that was created in anticipation of the game vs Germany. And several of the German American players explained their connection to the America and what kind of ties they had to the country and most of them felt really strongly about the US and were proud to represent it. it's a non-issue imo.

Have views on Balotelli changes at all this tournament? I remember seeing alot of Arsenal folk semi excited about him at the start/after the England game. Seems the mood has shifted some.

Didn't rate him much before the World Cup, rate him even less now. Plenty of other Italian players who didn't perform though

Barzul

Americans don't give a shit as long as the player is good. If you're just a normal immigrant, most Americans hate you and talk shit about you behind your back and "wish you'd go back to your own country." But, if you're really fucking good at sports and want to play for us, you're one of the family.

Not sure what part of the US you're in. But I haven't come across this sentiment in person. it's obviously there and I hear all the time used against illegal immigrants (online) and the like. So you do have a point. I don't see it as an issue that players raised elsewhere choose to play for US. I mean Ameobi did it with Nigeria and I'm quite OK with it.

Great....

Who?
kfpaUEP.png

99% of Italy is blaming Balotelli for this world cup. Yet I'm pretty sure I saw 10 more players playing last night, clearly I'm wrong.

I don't really like the guy, he should start behaving with a little more respect and try harder on the pitch, but blaming him for everything (people are saying that his problem is that he's not Italian) isn't the answer.

The only reason why Balo might not feel Italian is because of those same idiots telling him he's not Italian for being black. Those idiot racists are too stupid to realize that.

Racism is a flat circle.

-------------------DDG
RAFAEL-JONES-EVANS-SHAW
--------------CARRICK
--------HERRERA-MATA
JANUZAJ-------------------ROONEY
------------------RVP

or

-------------------DDG
---SMALLING-JONES-EVANS
RAFAEL-----------------------SHAW
--HERRERA-CARRICK-MATA
-------------RVP-ROONEY

or

-------------------DDG
---SMALLING-JONES-EVANS
ADNAN-HERRERA-CARRICK-SHINJI
------------------MATA
-------------RVP-ROONEY

HHNNNNDHSHAHAHA

JEJAJAJAJAJAJ

WE're gonna win the champions league

We will dominate.

ibeFym0xtevHJ.gif

Meier

Americans don't give a shit as long as the player is good. If you're just a normal immigrant, most Americans hate you and talk shit about you behind your back and "wish you'd go back to your own country." But, if you're really fucking good at sports and want to play for us, you're one of the family.

This is absolutely crazy. "Most" Americans don't do this. Some wackjobs do, but people largely don't spend the time even thinking about other people's circumstances let alone doing stuff like this.

You have a weird outlook on life. :p

wedward

What the fuck are you talking about? Stop generalizing and stick to what is happening in your office.

wut

add3bf11f8ee540b1a95b1b4a400a7e8.jpg

General Isation reporting for duty

3Sixty

Need Gower Princess in the 4.55 @ Salisbury for a massive (and very unlikely) treble.

Wilbz, if it lands I'll refund you on the terrible tip this morning :lol

omgkitty

This is absolutely crazy. "Most" Americans don't do this. Some wackjobs do, but people largely don't spend the time even thinking about other people's circumstances let alone doing stuff like this.

You have a weird outlook on life. :p

As a person who lives in Tennessee, this is very much the opinion of a lot of the conservative minded people I live around. I wasn't saying this was my view, just of those around me, including my own parents.

This is an extremely ignorant statement.

Are you German?

The irony

wedward

As a person who lives in Tennessee, this is very much the opinion of a lot of the conservative minded people I live around. I wasn't saying this was my view, just of those around me, including my own parents.

So you support a country like Germany? What.

You should say "In Tennessee I have seen" not "Americans".

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The only reason why Balo might not feel Italian is because of those same idiots telling him he's not Italian for being black. Those idiot racists are too stupid to realize that.

Racism is a flat circle.

We will dominate.

ibeFym0xtevHJ.gif
*posting and driving excuse the typos and grammar*
I fucking hate this. Balo is Italian, and he's more Italian than Motta, Camo, Paletta and many others.

He was a fucking massive gigantic problem, but Mario is Mario, just bench him then. It makes no sense to use him as a scapegoat when the biggest issue was team and squad selection.

Injuries (DDR, Verratti etc) and the heat in the north played a way bigger role
OH BABY! The sexual innuendo is high in this post!I wanna see how to feels to be inside me too, I'm down!

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Camoranesi on Balotelli:"It burns my balls to see those who don't try. I also was an asshole but I learned from my mistakes"

Of course you're, don't be silly.

I did post a welcome post for you last night as well lol
Ah, sorry. Missed it, I was probably too drunk. ;)

omgkitty

What the fuck are you talking about? Stop generalizing and stick to what is happening in your office.

add3bf11f8ee540b1a95b1b4a400a7e8.jpg

General Isation reporting for duty

This is an extremely ignorant statement.

Are you German?

The irony

I'll reiterate: Not my opinion. From the people I've known and lived around my entire life, this is the general consensus of what I've heard from those people.

omgkitty

So you support a country like Germany? What.

You should say "In Tennessee I have seen" not "Americans".

I like the team. I don't care about politics. I think they play good football, and I enjoy watching them, plus they have an Arsenal connection. Sorry I didn't clarify better.

Meier

I don't doubt that you know a lot of people who think this way but Tennessee has 6.5m people in it. If you included the entire south (as well as Texas), you'd still make up about 1/3rd the population of the US. Even if every person living in the region was an insane xenophobe and racist, it'd still not make up the majority.

There are a lot of crazy right wing people in the US with awful mindsets who are an embarrassment to our country, but they're not the majority and certainly don't have the typical American viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom