• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Another Madrid leftover has been the best player of WC so far. You guys let a lot of good players slip through the cracks.

Robben is a terrible example, considering it was either him or two time Ballon d'Or winner and Decima facilitator Cristiano Ronaldo lol

omgkitty

I don't doubt that you know a lot of people who think this way but Tennessee has 6.5m people in it. If you included the entire south (as well as Texas), you'd still make up about 1/3rd the population of the US. Even if every person living in the region was an insane xenophobe and racist, it'd still not make up the majority.

There are a lot of crazy right wing people in the US with awful mindsets who are an embarrassment to our country, but they're not the majority and certainly don't have the typical American viewpoint.

Yeah I definitely should have worded it better.

Axel Witsel
Ezequiel Garay
Salomon Rondon
Domenico Criscito
Konstantin Zyryanov
Givanildo Vieira de Souza

Stop taking all the cool names :(

Someone's already edited your wiki :D
You missed the best one: Dzhamaldin Khodzhaniyazov. Or maybe it just sounds cool in Russian.

Is Bruno Alves still there

What an upgrade

Garay playing right now m8
Nah, we shipped ol Bruno off to Turkey last year.

When I went to America they stopped me at the airport and I think it's cos my first name is Mohammad.

But then they let me go and they said they hoped I had a nice time.

Idk

omgkitty

Bq_MbnoCIAAasSW.jpg

wedward

When I went to America they stopped me at the airport and I think it's cos my first name is Mohammad.

Idk

Usually they do "random" checks at security. Did they just pull you off to the side at security?

Has happened to me before, but I imagine it's more common if your name is Mohammed than if your name is Will.

Idk

I was "randomly selected" in a Manchester airport, for apparently looking like a Manchester United/City supporter. Was almost upset enough to file a report.

Shame Rafael isn't here to prove he is

he genuinely was legit in 2012/13 but last year sucked #moyeezus. Ivan or Coleman innit

No he wasn't.

oh god that RAWK poster in the thread

he's genuinely arguing negrito wasnt used offensively lol

Didn't Suarez say he didn't talk to negritos or something like that? If he was talking about the word itself he may have a point, but the way it was used it was definitely meant to offend.

Wilbur

Banned
I was "randomly selected" in a Manchester airport, for apparently looking like a Manchester United/City supporter. Was almost upset enough to file a report.

No he wasn't.

Yes he was

But it's okay you don't like any footballers apart from st Bendtner so I know never to listen to you

Usually they do "random" checks at security. Did they just pull you off to the side at security?

Has happened to me before, but I imagine it's more common if your name is Mohammed than if your name is Will.
When I was going through immigration they looked at my passport, saw my name, saw all the stamps from Saudi, Egypt, Turkey etc and just looked at me like...."yeah m8, you're gonna have to come with me". I looked back to say "I understand".

It was fine really. Americans are lovely in my experience.

I've been stopped in the uk quite a few times though. "Randomly" always. I don't really believe it's ever been truly random but what can you do.

wedward

When I was going through immigration they looked at my passport, saw my name, saw all the stamps from Saudi, Egypt, Turkey etc and just looked at me like...."yeah m8, you're gonna have to come with me". I looked back to say "I understand".

It was fine really. Americans are lovely in my experience.

I've been stopped in the uk quite a few times though. "Randomly" always. I don't really believe it's ever been truly random but what can you do.

Yeah, post 9/11 America.

Robben is a terrible example, considering it was either him or two time Ballon d'Or winner and Decima facilitator Cristiano Ronaldo lol

True, that example was a bit extreme but Madrid have let plenty of good players go over the years. Plus this is fucking Zenit bro, nobody considers us a top club, no shame in some leftovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom