• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Messi is too good, people talk about the champions league but the world cup shows the real players.

I hope Argentina bombs out though, Messi is amazing but fuck Argentina.

Nah, the quality is higher in CL.

Maybe there is more pressure in the knockout rounds of the World Cup, but the overall quality of play is higher in CL.

wedward

Don't think the keeper had a chance. Had the wall blocking that half of the goal. By time the ball was up and over the wall and he saw it it was too late.

Marc

Nah, the quality is higher in CL.

Maybe there is more pressure in the knockout rounds of the World Cup, but the overall quality of play is higher in CL.

The teams train and work together way more, so in that sense I agree but in the sense of pressure, the amount of chances you get to step up and prove yourself... no chance. World Cup is GOAT.

It separates the men from the boys.

Talking about who is the greatest of all time is silly and will never actually lead to anything. Why does it even matter, we can say he's the best right now. But he isn't, Hazard is, and will show it when he carries Belgium to the world cup triumph.

Can't believe jokers like woody are doubting Messi is winning this WC.

Hah he isn't going to win the world cup no matter how well he does.

wedward

The teams train and work together way more, so in that sense I agree but in the sense of pressure, the amount of chances you get to step up and prove yourself... no chance. World Cup is GOAT.

It separates the men from the boys.

Also no restrictions when building a team. Look at the talent on Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea. International squads aside from maybe Spain and Germany don't touch that.

And like you said, they spend 10 months a year playing together.

But yeah, one bad game and you are out of the World Cup and won't get another chance for 4 years. Definitely higher pressure.

Most players would take a World Cup win over a CL win every time.

Yen

"@EwanMacKenna: Appiah confirms there's three million dollars on the plane from Ghana that should be arriving in the next few hours. #Gha"

pulga

Banned
Messi is too good, people talk about the champions league but the world cup shows the real players.

I hope Argentina bombs out though, Messi is amazing but fuck Argentina.

wut

The CL is of much higher quality than the WC. The WC is held in such high regard because its only done once every four years.

cremino

Talking about who is the greatest of all time is silly and will never actually lead to anything. Why does it even matter, we can say he's the best right now. But he isn't, Hazard is, and will show it when he carries Belgium to the world cup triumph.

Hah he isn't going to win the world cup no matter how well he does.
I root for Argentina to win but it's definitely possible there will be a huge surprise

Zabojnik

10426804_291890207656036_128464310419319060_n.jpg

10418533_291890194322704_8898201456929705587_n.jpg

10393151_291890124322711_712002495981886460_n.jpg

10403703_291890184322705_8962745289915170138_n.jpg

Could be worse, I guess.

Rugani any good?

Zabo really rates him and I hear (ridiculously) good things about him

I rate him because of the good things I hear. :p I've honestly no idea if he's actually any good. We'll see soon enough!

How fucking good was Verratti last night? My jaw dropped at least thrice. Best player on the pitch. Will look lovely dressed in bianco
nero

We lost him because we are cheap cunts. At least we're not making the same mistake again with Berardi. :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You know you're fucking DEAD when not even sex can cheer you up

What now

What else is there

Is suicide the answer

At least I'll be dead on my OWN terms, it's really a brave way out if you think about jt

It's better than my car flipping on kids and then burning to death. And the last thing Juventini need is bad PR

What now

What else is there

Is suicide the answer

At least I'll be dead on my OWN terms, it's really a brave way out if you think about jt

It's better than my car flipping on kids and then burning to death. And the last thing Juventini need is bad PR

Terrible PR is underrated

No such thing as bad publicity

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
10426804_291890207656036_128464310419319060_n.jpg

10418533_291890194322704_8898201456929705587_n.jpg

10393151_291890124322711_712002495981886460_n.jpg

10403703_291890184322705_8962745289915170138_n.jpg

Could be worse, I guess.

I rate him because of the good things I hear. :p I've honestly no idea if he's actually any good. We'll see soon enough!

We lost him because we are cheap cunts. At least we're not making the same mistake again with Berardi. :(
Zabo, The Triglav That Rides, Berardi ain't coming. Verratti ain't coming, Vidal the Abysswalker is leaving, Paul Greyjoy will betray us again, Pirĺo is dead, Conte died in Istanbul and we won't sign anyone good.

Marotta is a flat circle, and Juve is a flat tire. You should know this by now.

What now

What else is there

Is suicide the answer

Re-embrace the Capellonaccio baby. It's like old school Italy but without the talent.

Zabojnik

Zabo, The Triglav That Rides, Berardi ain't coming. Verratti ain't coming, Vidal the Abysswalker is leaving, Paul Greyjoy will betray us again, Pirĺo is dead, Conte died in Istanbul and we won't sign anyone good.

Marotta is a flat circle, and Juve is a flat tire. You should know this by now.

Damn. It really hit you hard, didn't it? Come on Yurtnik, let's all cheer for Chile! <3

I mean, at least we're not Inter. There's that.

Suen

It's a rumor for now, but thohir is thinking about sacking Mazzarri if he has a bad start this season. Seedorf can be his replacement. :lol For all we know it could be bullshit, but it's hilarious that they're even entertain the idea of getting Seedorf.
Imagine if Seedorf becomes their coach and Maldini joins as an assistent. Both have been mistreated by the Milan board, the meltdowns that would come. The Milan derbies would be good again and not because of the football played.

Suen

What now

What else is there

Is suicide the answer

Let it go. Look forward to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom