• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Pulga

Bq_9SdhIAAAwMEX.jpg:large

and this includes Verratti's injury where he was stretched off ;_;

TeddyBoy

Not sure if I'm looking too much into it as he plays for us, but Sakho looks like a proper commanding presence in this France team. Whatever it takes for him to become the same with Liverpool, we have to do it. Even if it means teaching the other defenders how to speak French

If we played this last season:

Johnson-Kolo-Sakho-Cissokho

Which isn't inconceivable, you'd have three out of the back four all able to speak French (I doubt Johnson can).

Mignolet was born in the Dutch part of Belgium but he could know some French.

What are the chances of them getting away with it.

Uruguay I mean.

Zero

Defending him like this is just crazy. Everyone's seen it, everyone knows he's done it twice before. They haven't got a leg to stand on. Voluntarily creating an 'us against the world' mentality' dumbfounds me tbh.

pulga

Banned
Giroud cheated on his wife with a prostitute.

Wilshere took a year out because of substance abuse.

Nobody's seen Ozil play since 2008.

Arnie you seem really uptight and you arent even getting your ass pounded by the swiss express

wedward

Giroud cheated on his wife with a prostitute.

Wilshere took a year out because of substance abuse.

Nobody's seen Ozil play since 2008.

I am sure she was a lovely lady and he probably tipped. All french people cheat. Please respect his culture and customs.

Addiction is a disease and should be treated as such.

You were probably wishing he would come to Liverpool in 2010.

If he was banned for a year from all football and went back to Uruguay for a while, he'd be welcomed back as a hero judging from the way he and the national team are acting, when really all he's done is jeapordised their chances in the later rounds and probably for the next year or more, and disgraced his country. Odd.

Arnie

Arnie you seem really uptight and you arent even getting your ass pounded by the swiss express
I'm always uptight in the face of idiocy, regardless of my current situation.
I am sure she was a lovely lady and he probably tipped.

Addiction is a disease and should be treated as such.

You were probably wishing he would come to Liverpool in 2010.
Aye, in 2010.

pulga

Banned
If he was banned for a year from all football and went back to Uruguay for a while, he'd be welcomed back as a hero judging from the way he and the national team are acting, when really all he's done is jeapordised their chances in the later rounds and probably for the next year or more, and disgraced his country. Odd.

I wish you guys knew spanish, an uruguayan reporter went crazy in one of L.A. ESPNs more prominent post-game shows. He was HEAVILY playing the victim card. "Why are you only talking about Suarez, theres other games to comment about wahh wahh wahh"

It was really fucking odd.

Ozil is a fantastic player who had a mediocre season, and will probably be much better next season, but could well fail to improve in which case he'll be regarded as an overpriced flop

Not even thinking about Sanchez. Don't wanna be let down when it doesn't happen

@Liverpool fans, would you rather take Shaqiri now, or get embroiled in a saga for Sanchez which could go tits up and lose out in them both?

(purely hypothetical, obvsly)

Also heard from the better United sources that we've been told by Sanchez people he's going to Liverpool so were gonna go back to Konoplyanka now.

Yen

@Liverpool fans, would you rather take Shaqiri now, or get embroiled in a saga for Sanchez which could go tits up and lose out in them both?

Shaq now, purely because Sanchez is a dream signing and I can't see us getting him.

not really an answer but get both, use Suarez to ensure sanchez deal, money from that gets shaqiri and maybe a LB/RB. Use PL and CL money to get Javi Martinez. any left over money gets a LB/RB (so a LB and a RB in total) Sell Lucas too, and if possible Johnson.

Jarnet87

I think Enner Valencia will get some offers after the way he's performed in this World Cup. I just hope he doesn't make too big a jump where he can't succeed.

not really an answer but get both, use Suarez to ensure sanchez deal, money from that gets shaqiri and maybe a LB/RB. Use PL and CL money to get Javi Martinez. any left over money gets a LB/RB (so a LB and a RB in total) Sell Lucas too, and if possible Johnson.

Err, if we lose Suarez we need a new, brilliant striker. Sturridge, Lambert and Borini isn't enough, let alone for 4 competitions

Martinez is definitely a pipe dream btw

pappe

Shaq, Sanchez and Javi Martimez?why dont u get Messi too?

Err, if we lose Suarez we need a new, brilliant striker. Sturridge, Lambert and Borini isn't enough, let alone for 4 competitions

Martinez is definitely a pipe dream btw

We could try and utilise a more aggressve midfield, with Sanchez (who can play upfront) Shaq, and all the other mids we'd have we could adopt a single striker appproach, or we could buy another forward, depends on how much money, we got for 2nd place/ Champions league, and if the owners are willing to fund us again (there was rumor saying they would if we got CL football again). plus we have some players we can sell if need be, Lucas, Johnson, Enrique, Allen, Suarez as mentioned above.

We could try and utilise a more aggressve midfield, with Sanchez (who can play upfront) Shaq, and all the other mids we'd have we could adopt a single striker appproach, or we could buy another forward, depends on how much money, we got for 2nd place/ Champions league, and if the owners are willing to fund us again (there was rumor saying they would if we got CL football again)

Even if they wanted to, FSG can't put too much money in since we're still on the edge of FFP I think

@Viva, I assumed you're trolling :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom