• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

Fucking awesome, that Fernando finally is done. Reading Porto forums, http://www.somosporto.org/index.php?topic=59.1920 , it seems like they regard him as one of the greatest midfielders they ever had. Portugal journalists says he's incredible defensively but also strong and fairly good technically. Never know though, Javi Garcia at Benfica was good defensively too and then had real issues with PL.

With Javi Garcia used at the end of last season when Fernandinho was out, everything worked well against top teams, with someone covering the defense. Previously Fernandinho was used, and while he's fantastic in many ways, he's not perfect defensively and sometimes had poor positioning in defense. Fernando will be of great use against top teams and most importantly in CL.

Some great videos of him:
"Best moments", playing against City, Man Utd and more:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy89qn_fernando-reges-defensive-midfielder-best-moments_sport

Vs Atletico Madrid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y5RJfxFco4

Vs Zenit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyn99rB8Tzo

Vs PSG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHKaQPZJq3g

Vs Vienna
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnOcnAJnWA

Now, find a good central defender and City are good.

omgkitty

Exactly, whenever we are linked with someone for to long it never happens. If Arsenal are linked with anyone and its not done within a week I give up. Not happening.

It's kind of true in most cases:

Ozil - Days
Flamini - Week
Viviano - Days
Santi - Week
Podolski / Giroud - Had been rumored for months, and these two were actually done early
Gervinho - Rumored for months
Arteta / Mert / Park / Santos - All signed within a day or two
Ox - Rumored for months
Koscielny - Don't remember this at all. I would assume out of nowhere.
Squillaci - Days
Chamakh - Months

I mean it's kind of all over the place, but it seems like the ones we've been linked with for months were usually signed early in the market, and most of these were January links and / or were on our radar months before the season ended. Poldi, Giroud, Gervinho, Chamakh were all that way. Clearly Arsenal had been watching these players. The others like Ozil, Santi, the great transfer window rush of 2011, were all done in a matter of days because something good popped up and we took a shot. It's just strange because when it seems like there's genuine interest from us for long periods of time, it kind of seems to happen early in the market, which is depressing seeing as I can't think of anyone like that right now besides Draxler who said he's not moving. Definitely will be an interesting summer.

Suen

the fuck are you laughing about for crying out loud :lol

its like when FF was lolling at other players diving ffs lololol

He's an imbecile. He never fucking learns. I hate him so much.
I'm not serious bro. Besides:

Three is for the sun
Two is for the moon

Manager

is this the first not over inflated transfer you guys have pulled since the sheikh take over?

IMO, including both fee and wages:
Clichy - £6m
Boateng - £9m
Navas - £15m
Negredo - ~£17m

I'd say those four are good value, then there's some that was fair value but still high (Silva £24m, Yaya £22m, but their wages were huge in order to get them).

Lightning

Banned
The difference between the Arteta/Cazorla denials and the Balotelli one is the former players are Arsenal like players. Small, technical, ball players etc while Balotelli is nothing close to an Arsenal signing, would be expensive for what he is and I don't think he's better than Giroud.

Wenger just won't spend 30m on a player who has attitude problems and realistically isn't going to improve our squad much. Balo to Arsenal is dead but was never alive.

I would love to hear Deschamps opinion on Schneiderlin. Can't find any quotes unfortunately, but I'm sure he was impressed at the 30-man selection. He probably would have gone with Gonalons before then.

omgkitty

The difference between the Arteta/Cazorla denials and the Balotelli one is the former players are Arsenal like players. Small, technical, ball players etc while Balotelli is nothing close to an Arsenal signing, would be expensive for what he is and I don't think he's better than Giroud.

Wenger just won't spend 30m on a player who has attitude problems and realistically isn't going to improve our squad much. Balo to Arsenal is dead but was never alive.

Exactly, and it's why I don't trust half the strikers we've been linked with. Wenger will no doubt want a striker who can play outside as well as through the middle, and gets involved in the run of play and can assist. It's the reason why I actually believe we're interested in players like Sanchez and not Balotelli.

L1NETT

Lescott for 22m is comical.

Also I know some of yous really like him, but I don't think Milner is worth near to 30m (can't remember the actual figure).

Garcia for 15m was good business for Benfica too.

I don't think i could watch the murica game in a more patriotic fashion than down at the burger King near my job which is playing the games. Tomorrow will be great

Let's do this shit murica.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want Deschamps to manage Juve (again) after Conte.

we need closure bb Didi.

DidierDeschamps1.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bq_2u0LCIAEjT0K.png

On the one hand very depressing, on the other hand extremely depressing

But hope!

Manager

Lescott for 22m is comical.

Also I know some of yous really like him, but I don't think Milner is worth near to 30m (can't remember the actual figure).

Garcia for 15m was good business for Benfica too.

Milner was £16m-£18m+Ireland, who was valued £8m at the time. You could say Milner wasn't worth it, but Ireland didn't turn out well either.

3Sixty

I would love to hear Deschamps opinion on Schneiderlin. Can't find any quotes unfortunately, but I'm sure he was impressed at the 30-man selection. He probably would have gone with Gonalons before then.

Was abit odd how he has never even looked to be in consideration before.

Massively deserves it though.

So for the third time in 3 and a half years, Liverpool fans are on tenterhooks to find out the severity of Suarez's ban. Ridiculous.

Close to wanting him sold

omgkitty

wut

Merte to Arsenal was rumored for at least one year, or even two, in German media.

I mean yeah, it was a bit of a Sebastien Frey situation where it seemed like we wanted him every season and never did, but the talks of us getting Mertesacker all of a sudden ramped up and in about 2 days we had signed him.

I mean yeah, it was a bit of a Sebastien Frey situation where it seemed like we wanted him every season and never did, but the talks of us getting Mertesacker all of a sudden ramped up and in about 2 days we had signed him.
Well that probably has something to do with Werder Bremen. They jizzed themselves for every transfer fee above 10m :lol

dc89

I finished Transistor on PS4 last night. What an awesome game, I love those kinda sci-fi stories too. Really cool concept. Anyone else played it?

Manager

How is Transfermarkt redesign still not working? You'd think they would fix the bugs by now, but half of the menus gives an error. Not sure the new design even made the site easier to use anyway.

Croyles

I finished Transistor on PS4 last night. What an awesome game, I love those kinda sci-fi stories too. Really cool concept. Anyone else played it?

In the audio and visual departments absolutely amazing, gameplay is ok. Cool concept but not all that fun.

Will def still finish it though because i had the same thoughts about Bastian, which left me semi awestruck.

dc89

Maybe it's like Destiny, but the videos I watched post-release made it look massively boring to me

I really liked it. The combat seems a little basic from a video, but the more abilities you have the better it gets because you can either straight up equip an ability, combine it with another ability or use it as a passive. So there are lots of different combinations to try.

Also, the story is left for you to piece together by the optional interactive computer terminals which provide the details required. But at the same time it's kept relatively vague, which is cool by me.

The whole setting though, I love that futuristic dystopia/utopia vibe.

Been out of the loop but I saw someone saying positive things about Destiny, you played it? Any special parts to like?

I only managed to put 90 minutes or so into it, but it's just fun to play, and the controls are spot-on. UI is fantastic too.

It looks dreadfully dull for some reason on video, but I really liked it and it restored my hype for it.

You can preorder for a beta code and cancel the preorder I think

Meier

Gif I made from a Fernando highlight video before. I'm ready. Tell Yaya to fuck off, move Ferna into his position and Fernando into Ferna's. Boom, sorted.

iwWhrvGu26OEc.gif

Manager

I only managed to put 90 minutes or so into it, but it's just fun to play, and the controls are spot-on. UI is fantastic too.

It looks dreadfully dull for some reason on video, but I really liked it and it restored my hype for it.

You can preorder for a beta code and cancel the preorder I think

Nice, thanks, similar to Halo? Looks dull on video yeah, but I always thought Halo looked slow too.

Wish I could pre-order but I don't own a PS4, might buy an Xbox One for it and Forza Horizon though.

Gif I made from a Fernando highlight video before. I'm ready. Tell Yaya to fuck off, move Ferna into his position and Fernando into Ferna's. Boom, sorted.

iwWhrvGu26OEc.gif

I agree, I actually think Fernandinho can do as good job as Yaya. However, City are completely screwed if Fernandinho is injured. Then there's only Javi left and he'd be useless in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom