• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

Clubs should leave them alone. What good is money when you're handicapped and can only sign Basque players?

Let them rest in peace.

pulga

Banned
The Athletic Club wishes to report that this week rejected an offer from Manchester United FC, estimated at 36 million euros, to transfer the federation and economic rights of the player Ander Herrera.

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=14333&idi=2

haha

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

i legit cant breathe

lol Has anyone at United seen him play? Seriously, this guy isn´t even a regular starter at Bilbao, and they are willing to pay almost 40 million for him? It just boggles my mind. Fucking ridiculous. He is 25, and has zero appearances for the Spanish national team..... United must be really desperate.

ssshhh seeing them get all excited over a squat-average midfielder is so cute

It's the hope that kills you.
KuGsj.gif

Eh, don't think this is his fault in the slightest.

This is Bilbao 101.

bud23

Still better than Cleverley, Fellaini, Fletcher and Anderson. Combined.

haha, can´t argue with that.

He made 32 appearances in the league for bilbao in 11-12, 29 in 12-13. Oddly his wiki isnt updated with the 13-14 season stats.

2013-2014

La Liga

Matches: 33
Goals: 5
Minutes: 2571
Yellow cards:7
Red cards: 0
Assists: 5

Copa del Rey

Matches: 6
Goals: 0
Minutes: 373
Yellow cards:0
Red cards: 0
Assists: 0

http://resultados.as.com/resultados/ficha/deportista/ander_herrera/18465/

GQman2121

Banned
So crazy that the rumors last weekend were that Herrera could be unveiled as early as Tuesday. And now Athletic are saying they've declined the offer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why isn't Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission not on 3DS :(

3DS is not powerful enough to properly emulate GBA games, that's why they don't offer them on Virtual Console. Those Ambassador titles they gave away early on look absolutely hideous, really dim and with too much motion blur, because it's just the raw ROM that is not designed for anything other than a GBA (and the 3DS effectively becomes one, locking out any additional features).

Athletic are just dicking around, Herrera will be sold to United. They always do this.

Feorax

Fuck.

Are we being messed around here?

Welcome to life without CL football.

DiMarzio seems to think Shaqiri is getting closer. His reps have been in the UK apparently to discuss terms.

Sevilla's sporting director says Liverpool's deal with Moreno is dead.

Gutted about that, I really liked the look of him.

Shame, but we will have other options if true.

As long as it isn't Bertrand, fuck that.

Bring me Rojo!

Jack cw

DiMarzio seems to think Shaqiri is getting closer. His reps have been in the UK apparently to discuss terms.

Would be a great signing. He could become pretty big if he gets the chance to play through a season. With Ribery out for months and Shaqiri gone, the way for Reus is open then.

Can you actually reject a bid if it's over the amount of the buyout?

Why not just say we won't consider anything less than 32?

Idiots.

Ed- just fucking time wasters.

Walshy

Shame, but we will have other options if true.

As long as it isn't Bertrand, fuck that.

Bring me Rojo!
I'm gutted, there is a lack of real quality attacking left-backs around. The only ones I can think are at Moreno's level is probably Rodriguez or Shaw.

Is Rojo any good? If it's Bertrand I might jump off the Liver buildings.

Let's get Rodriguez for sohois!

I just want a competent attacking FB.
Rodriguez and Shaq attack on the left hand side.

That Swiss combo.

Abraxas

Would be a great signing. He could become pretty big if he gets the chance to play through a season. With Ribery out for months and Shaqiri gone, the way for Reus is open then.
Lad, Reus wants to play for a big team, not bavaria's "other" team. Villa and spurs would give him a shot in the big leagues i'm sure.

Sevilla's sporting director says Liverpool's deal with Moreno is dead.

Gutted about that, I really liked the look of him.

To be expected. Sounds like we thought it was closer than it was when the reports were emerging about us being within a day of signing him for £16m or whatever

Re: Herrera, massively overpaying for him, only team in for him, knowing full well what Atletico are like, no distraction of the World Cup, and you don't even get the deal agreed on paper before going through the latter stages of the transfer? What the fuck?

Starting to get annoyed by the train of thought that the World Cup is the biggest stage, so Suarez should be punished more harshly than he would otherwise.

Actions should be punished in the context of the player's record and severity of the incident itself, the number of people watching on TV shouldn't come into it. Doing it in League 2 should come with the same punishment as doing it at the WC imo.

Feorax

I'm gutted, there is a lack of real quality attacking left-backs around. The only ones I can think are at Moreno's level is probably Rodriguez or Shaw.

Is Rojo any good? If it's Bertrand I might jump off the Liver buildings.

Supposedly had a torrid time in Russia, but seems to have done very well in the Argentina national team, and at Sporting Lisbon. He's left sided and can play both LB and CB, and we all know how much we love utility players at Liverpool.

Quite frankly, I'm on board with anyone mad enough to go for a Rabona in their own box to clear the ball.

I bet Wooders is fuming as this is making him look stupid again. On the other hand, we must really want him to go through this shit again.

Err

It is stupid to try buying a player from Athletico who they don't want to sell, and not expect them to do this when you haven't got the paperwork done in advance.

Just signed these players on FIFA for a combined total of £89m for my Arsenal team :lol

Sanchez
Coleman
Shaw
Schnelderlin
Doumbia
Mlapa
Campbell
Griezmann

frU10tR.png

Bilbao don't accept bids. They don't willingly sell their players. United have to get Herrera to break the contract through the LFP and apparently he's already handed the paper work in for that.

subtles

While the backline is the most glaring issue, I fear for our midfield going forward. CL opposition + multiple competitions will be one hell of a test.

Jack cw

Lad, Reus wants to play for a big team, not bavaria's "other" team. Villa and spurs would give him a shot in the big leagues i'm sure.

I'm sure that Villa and Spurs are upgrades for him on a competition level. Bavaria sadly has only one team though.

pappe

Bilbao don't accept bids. They don't willingly sell their players. United have to get Herrera to break the contract through the LFP and apparently he's already handed the paper work in for that.

So basically any1 willing to buy a player from Bilbao has to go directly to the player as it is useless going through bilbao since they wont accept bids.

Isnt that considered illegal?

Same as Martinez?
I guess so yeah.

One of the reporters was saying we even offered to pay more than the release clause to them to smoothen it out but they still said no.

They don't care about the money. They're just not letting their players go and will do whatever's in their power to make sure of it.

So basically any1 willing to buy a player from Bilbao has to go directly to the player as it is useless going through bilbao since they wont accept bids.

Not in Spain.

One of the guys who broke the story said Herrera did it yesterday, but there was a "technical problem" which the LFP would need to look at before we can finalise the deal.

Feorax

While the backline is the most glaring issue, I fear for our midfield going forward. CL opposition + multiple competitions will be one hell of a test.

Gerrard, Can, Henderson, Allen, Coutinho plus one more should be enough, that's basically 2 midfields ready to go there.

I expect if we get him, Lallana will be the other midfield player, rather than a dedicated winger.

EDIT;

@MCFC: FERNANDO: City are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Fernando http://t.co/zKaSKxBkkR #WelcomeFernando http://t.co/vKi36FV3PG

Jack cw

Same as Martinez?

Problem are the taxes. Thats what Bayern Munich took so long to find a solution. If the player breaks his contract and goes to the leagues association, he has to pay the buyout clause himself. That money isnt taxed though, even if the club pays it, after tax has to be paid to the state. I dont know how Bayern handled the deal, because it was done by their lawyers and no info got public.

I think that in Spain release clauses are paid by players and the buying club give the money to the player to complete the club. The player is meant to buying himseld out of the contract.

3DS is not powerful enough to properly emulate GBA games, that's why they don't offer them on Virtual Console. Those Ambassador titles they gave away early on look absolutely hideous, really dim and with too much motion blur, because it's just the raw ROM that is not designed for anything other than a GBA (and the 3DS effectively becomes one, locking out any additional features).

Athletic are just dicking around, Herrera will be sold to United. They always do this.

wait what?

Seriously?!

sohois

Let's get Rodriguez for sohois!

I just want a competent attacking FB.

Thanks, I guess. I would take anything as long as it's not Bertrand or Rojo though. The following are players who would prefer at LB over them:

Enrique
Flanagan
Cissokho
Johnson
Ilori
Can
Sakho
Agger
Robinson
Smith
Aurelio in a wheelchair
Resigning Stewart Downing to play at LWB like he did for a few games

What's worst is that they would still be far better players than Konchesky and Dossena ever were at LB

Walshy

Thanks, I guess. I would take anything as long as it's not Bertrand or Rojo though. The following are players who would prefer at LB over them:

Enrique
Flanagan
Cissokho
Johnson
Ilori
Can
Sakho
Agger
Robinson
Smith
Aurelio in a wheelchair
Resigning Stewart Downing to play at LWB like he did for a few games

What's worst is that they would still be far better players than Konchesky and Dossena ever were at LB
Well the Echo article does also say that the club still really want Moreno.

+ the president said just yesterday the deal is still on.

I fear we are getting Salah-ed.

You don't know anything m8 you thought Moyeseh would still be around.

My "do you need picking up in the morning pal? @anderherrera8" tweet is ready and waiting in my drafts.

This is true, but my knowledge of being burned in the transfer market is right up there. I was done the moment Remy's plane landed in London instead of Newcastle and he signed for QPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom