• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder. With the Moreno deal having stalled, if we get a deal done for Suarez quickly enough, would we then maybe look to be a bit indulgent and maybe try to hijack the Shaw deal?

We were apparently interested, but we were put off by the price. I also can't see us going back for Lallana if we get Sanchez.

I've been thinking along those lines too, get Shaqiri instead of Lallana, get Shaw instead of Moreno. Get Sanchez + cash using Suarez as leverage.

I wonder. With the Moreno deal having stalled, if we get a deal done for Suarez quickly enough, would we then maybe look to be a bit indulgent and maybe try to hijack the Shaw deal?

We were apparently interested, but we were put off by the price. I also can't see us going back for Lallana if we get Sanchez.

Nah, would take a far too large proportion of the money. If we got £45m spare from Suarez, Southampton wouldn't sell Shaw for less than £35m

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This is way too funny

A girl I know broke up with her boyfriend (who supports Liverpool) after Uruguay's game :lol :lol :lol :lol

I watch 2 broke girls :/
Watch whatever you want, don't listen to anyone. :lol I mean, we have people here who actually enjoy watching Mad Men.

Lower your pitchforks I'm kidding OK

Pls

You watch Mrs Brown's Boys.

You don't watch Mrs Brown's Boys

You experience it

Can't wait for tomorrow, taking the night off work and going to the IMAX in Leicester Square to watch D'Movie. Avoided spoilers so far, gonna be awesome.

Word from the premiere in Dublin yesterday is that it's just as good as an episode stretched over 2 hours, which will be amazing.

pulga

Banned
You mean that one photo that makes it look like Busquets is doing that, despite the fact that there's no other evidence for it, nothing seemed to have happened in the match, Pepe didn't react and that one photo is literally the only thing that suggests it happened?

One photo? Youtube it before speaking, breh

Pepe even fucking touches the spot where Busquets layed into him. Sheesh you guys are losing the plot as much as Suarez.

Suarez is worse than Pepe

Pepe is a thug, like Bruno Alves, Zlatan, Totti and many other defenders like him.

Suarez is unique in his fuckery

Finally someone who understands the difference, but I guess LiverpoolGAF
and BarcaGAF now apparently lol
gonna resort to any means necessary to "lessen" the spotlight on their rabid dog. Pepe and Suarez aren't even in the same league of crazy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The fuck is wrong with Bilbao, sort it out, your please

pulga

Banned
and BarcaGAFs defense of Suarez begins, like clockwork lolololololololololololololol

Enjoy your mad dog for the half a season he'll be eligible to play
KuGsj.gif

Clegg

The fuck is wrong with Bilbao, sort it out, your please
They don't want to sell their players because they have a very small pool of replacements to choose from. So they won't accept any bids. Now it's up to Herrera to buy himself out of his contract. Looks like he may have already started that process too.

Walshy

Even though Marca is a shit source, they are saying Barcelona are going to offer £60m + Sanchez for Suarez and Madrid are not interested anymore.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Can't really criticise them for not wanting to sell their best players. It's not like it's easy for them to get replacements.

Their handling business is prehistoric, i dont blame them for losing their player but they have openly admitted hes coming to us and are just stalling because their way of dealing is counter to the way everyone does business. Stalling to July I bet :|

and BarcaGAFs defense of Suarez begins, like clockwork lolololololololololololololol

Enjoy your mad dog for the half a season he'll be eligible to play
KuGsj.gif

you should be worried, if he does join Barca who do you think he is most likely to bite?
likely a Real player

Walshy

Is Suarez to Barca actually happeneing or something?
Well the Spanish press are known to spout a lot of bullshit, but even the Madrid sources are saying that Barcelona want him more than Madrid now.

The English sources are still saying that Liverpool want to keep him, but if they offer £60m + Sanchez I think we'll take it to be honest.
I'd be incline to take that, it's basically £90m

Marca though, so probs bollox
Yeah, the problem is we would need another striker in the same sort of quality to replace him as Sturridge is made of glass.

I have no idea who that could be.

Feorax

If Suarez is going (which seems to be looking more and more likely), the key for us is how quickly we can get the deal done. Ideally, we would want something like this done before pre-season starts, but that might be pushing it a bit.

We can't afford to let it go until August though. We need the money (and possibly part-ex player) in ASAP, especially given the start to the season we have.

Yeah, the problem is we would need another striker in the same sort of quality to replace him as Sturridge is made of glass.

Could Sanchez not play CF if Sturridge is out?

bjaelke

If Suarez is going (which seems to be looking more and more likely), the key for us is how quickly we can get the deal done. Ideally, we would want something like this done before pre-season starts, but that might be pushing it a bit.

We can't afford to let it go until August though. We need the money (and possibly part-ex player) in ASAP, especially given the start to the season we have.
They have be done by July 16th.

Well the Spanish press are known to spout a lot of bullshit, but even the Madrid sources are saying that Barcelona want him more than Madrid now.

The English sources are still saying that Liverpool want to keep him, but if they offer £60m + Sanchez I think we'll take it to be honest.

Cavani for £45m, £15m to go towards Moreno. CL money spent on Shaqiri and a centreback or two

Sign a rightback in January if Flanagan and Johnson completely fuck the position up.

Cavani for £45m, £15m to go towards Moreno. CL money spent on Shaqiri and a centreback or two

Sign a rightback in January if Flanagan and Johnson completely fuck the position up.

I see the word 'if' and and the name 'Johnson', there is no if with him, he will fuck up, its just a matter of when

pulga

Banned
Yeesh

Looks like Pepe didn't react cos he couldn't tell who did it. Surprised a bigger deal wasn't made of it with video evidence.

Yeah but I guess I was just making shit up to fit "my narrative" SMH

I didnt really fan shit up in here because its Pepe and he's had something like that a long time coming lol

Their handling business is prehistoric, i dont blame them for losing their player but they have openly admitted hes coming to us and are just stalling because their way of dealing is counter to the way everyone does business. Stalling to July I bet :|

Sounds like good business to me. I wish Newcastle took such a hard-line in the way we go about selling our best players.

I see the word 'if' and and the name 'Johnson', there is no if with him, he will fuck up, its just a matter of when

He'd be clear second choice, and a pretty useful one if we were to struggle to break defensive teams down, and let him just have his average position on the halfway line which is where he can still play well

You don't watch Mrs Brown's Boys

You experience it

Can't wait for tomorrow, taking the night off work and going to the IMAX in Leicester Square to watch D'Movie. Avoided spoilers so far, gonna be awesome.

Word from the premiere in Dublin yesterday is that it's just as good as an episode stretched over 2 hours, which will be amazing.
Good god, you are actually serious about this :lol

Paying your hard-earned money to see an 'extended episode' in IMAX. lol, think you may be the only person there mate 🌚🌚🌚

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't get why Barca and Madrid always fight it out like this

they both have Argentinian, Brazilian and Spanish players. They should all be friends or something.

it's the Portuguese crowd innit?

Messi

Puyol will deliver the WC trophy to the winner. Apparently to honor Puyol. Can't imagine that feeling anything other than awkward for Puyol. Considering how the tournament went for Spain.

I don't get why Barca and Madrid always fight it out like this

they both have Argentinian, Brazilian and Spanish players. They should all be friends or something.

it's the Portuguese crowd innit?

IIt's always brewing in Spain. I blame Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom