• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I hope Valencia stays. He's a good 2nd choice winger.

Young and Nani can fuck off. God Young. How could we have such a shitty winger. :(
The same way we have a bunch of shitty midfielders, we bought players with potential that literally never developed and our youth prospects for some reason stalled horrendously. Mix that with our experienced players retiring and regressing.

The ones im most dissapointed in are Valencia, Wellbeck and Kagawa, these 3 have all the attributes to be very good effective footballers but they just dont show it. Nani, Nani cant control the ball these days, watching him versus the US was sad, it was like watching a 60 year old play with no coordiantion.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
are they livestreaming the Suarez press conference?

LegoArmo

I have faith in United's defence too, that part of the team is about the system, lower league defenders can be coached into keeping a clean sheet if they do as they're told, so the United players that actually have quite a lot of ability should be fine.

The problem is numbers, especially while Rafael is the only true first team right back, and is injured quite often, and Jones, Smalling or Valencia end up being used there. A big, experienced centre back would be of use.

Posted in Suarez thread:

2371600-9530080022-13605.gif

Get ready for that 6 game ban!

luis60j7f.gif

cremino

Aguero out, I think. He's been shit anyway, but Argentina just got a little less scary.

He wasn't in great form anyway...Lavezzi looked a little more lively but I wouldn't count on him if Messi has a bad day..

Speaking of Suarez, there are rumors of 6 match ban

The same way we have a bunch of shitty midfielders, we bought players with potential that literally never developed and our youth prospects for some reason stalled horrendously. Mix that with our experienced players retiring and regressing.

The ones im most dissapointed in are Valencia, Wellbeck and Kagawa, these 3 have all the attributes to be very good effective footballers but they just dont show it. Nani, Nani cant control the ball these days, watching him versus the US was sad, it was like watching a 60 year old play with no coordiantion.
Can't really blame Kagawaa since he was barely picked by Moyes but Valencia yeah. I thought he improved after last year, but then again he was just... Adequate.

Disagree with Welbeck though. He ended two seasons ago with the worst striker record in the Epl but bounced back remarkably. Then again with us having two very high profile strikers on tow, I don't see him improving any further than... Peter Crouch level. Sad really.

Mr Cola

From Redcafe
Sky Sports just went live to James Cooper outside Old Trafford and he said this is more or less a done deal. He has spoken to Utd reps inside the club and they're extremely relaxed that this is going through. Also, relations between Utd and Bilabo are "cordial" and they're just playing games.

Herrera has passed his medical and agreed personal terms. They are just waiting for Utd to pay the fee for him, indirectly, as he doesn't have that kind of money in the bank.

Soon(tm)

Hixx

It still feels cruel that we get a decently budgeted Batman-universe TV series and they came up with Gotham.

Nobody wants to see that shit.

Right now I'm just hoping Oranje gets into the World Cup finals at least. Would make me a bit happy about Manchester United after the last torrid season.

How interesting is that the NTs of the Big Three leagues all crashed out in the group stage?

Never realised that but now I think of it you're right. Maybe it's because the majority of players play within their national league and since they've gone through such tough and gruelling seasons...they just didn't have the energy to peform in the world.

Look at all the other countries, they have easy domestic leagues so the players are fresh.

EmiPrime

Another good article from The Guardian on Suarez:

And on it goes: the brainwashing, the buck-passing, the deception. “There was no single picture to prove there was a bite,” according to El Observador, questioning whether the photographs from foreign news agencies had been altered. El País reminded its readers that the English press “harassed the Uruguayan after the bite on Branislav Ivanovic”. Últimas Noticias noted: “Nobody talks about how Suárez was injured in the jaw and the eye”.

Uruguay captain, Diego Lugano, describes Luis Suárez's alleged bite during their final World Cup group match against Italy as inconsequential
All of which can make writing about Suárez slightly awkward when we already know the response, the denial, the finger-pointing and the automatic counter-allegation that this is some kind of payback time from a vengeful English press, who would never dream of treating one of their own this way. Someone, perhaps, should tell John Terry that after the avalanche of criticism for his abuse of Anton Ferdinand, coming directly after Suárez’s own racial-abuse case.

Or just imagine if Wayne Rooney had sunk his teeth into opponents on three different occasions. But the default setting will not budge. Suárez’s apologists follow like ants. They have their lines prepared and it is clever, in a warped kind of way. Every article from an English newspaper or website feeds the delusion.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/25/luis-suarez-giorgio-chiellini-violence-deceit

Don Bradman Cricket career mode

Don Bradman 'bowl for 30 overs because the AI's not taking any wickets, then stand and watch the AI struggle to score runs whilst you try and force singles to get on strike' Cricket

fucking 'be a pro' cricket

this fucking game

love it

Never realised that but now I think of it you're right. Maybe it's because the majority of players play within their national league and since they've gone through such tough and gruelling seasons...they just didn't have the energy to peform in the world.

Look at all the other countries, they have easy domestic leagues so the players are fresh.

I didn't want to use it as an excuse, but Spain and Italy played the most amount of minutes of any squads during the past 12 months. I think about 3000 more than England and some 8000 more than Brazil. I will try to find the source. I think it might have been the economist on my facebook feed

Don Bradman Cricket career mode

Don Bradman 'bowl for 30 overs because the AI's not taking any wickets, then stand and watch the AI struggle to score runs whilst you try and force singles to get on strike' Cricket

fucking 'be a pro' cricket

this fucking game

love it

Is there a good new cricket game out somewhere?

Heres a question, would Liverpool fans settle for 4th next season right now? Hard to say how the champions league will go/affect the team. Perhaps your ambitions are much higher now having come second?

Yes

It's imperative that we qualify again. We missed out once and it set us back by 5 years. If we can establish ourselves as a CL team again, we can build for a title challenge in the near future. If we fall out of those spaces again, we'll be either struggling to get back in again, or relying on having another statistical outlier of a season like we've just had.

Mr Cola

Yes

It's imperative that we qualify again. We missed out once and it set us back by 5 years. If we can establish ourselves as a CL team again, we can build for a title challenge in the near future. If we fall out of those spaces again, we'll be either struggling to get back in again, or relying on having another statistical outlier of a season like we've just had.

People said this year was good but next I feel will be better, that is if United can challenge for 4th again and not falter. I like to think in the back of my head that last season was an anomaly, i hope it was anyway. There are 5 incredibly good teams that can win the title and only 4 spots. I cant imagine who would miss out next year.

Brazil weather knows this'll be the most exciting game of this first round and doesn't want to accept that murica can do that. So of course it tries to fuck it all up. Classy brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom