• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Will this reform him?

His first comments after his punishment will be telling. If he plays the victim card, then no it won't.

He, and his country, have played the victim card before this announcement, they genuinely think its a European conspiracy

That's a decent ban, 9 Uruguay matches + 9 Premier League matches + however many CL games + League Cup games. So at least a 20 match ban, his World Cup is over and he's not allowed to show his face at any stadium.

They fucked my bet with that 4 month ban though

inky

That's kind of a joke of a punishment if I'm being honest. Well, see ya in one year when he'll do something stupid again!

Wilbur

Banned
That's a decent ban, 9 matches + 9 Premier League matches + however many CL games + League Cup games. So at least a 20 match ban, his World Cup is over and he's not allowed to show his face at any stadium.

They fucked my bet with that 4 month ban though

Good. The cunt will be gutted as well, he loves his football. I wish I was there to see him cry.

TeddyBoy

Actually, are we even allowed to sell him?

I look forward to LFC leaving UEFA and trying to make the European 'Super' League from Champions League teams now as a protest to FIFA.
I wouldn't be surprised if a few articles about this spring up, but I doubt it would be true for the time being.

Feorax

My expectation is we'll fine him, and if he stays with us, we'll likely prohibit him from joining up with the national team again until we say so. He'll be away from Uruguay for a lot longer than 9 games.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That's kind of a joke of a punishment if I'm being honest. Well, see ya in one year when he'll do something stupid again!
They should really have a three strike policy for this kind of thing, next ban should see him banned for a year or more, you cannot keep doing this.
Feel bad for Liverpool honestly, though in fairness they did ok in his absence last year.

4 months starting from now, right? If so ... eh, that's not too bad, considering.

Premier League doesn't start until mid-August?

Far too lenient. Should have been 9 Uruguay matches and 4 months of the league season (because who cares about friendlies and pre-season lets face it)

Well he can still practice and have training in his backyard

H7Yo93B.jpg

Barzul

Premier League doesn't start until mid-August?

Far too lenient. Should have been 9 Uruguay matches and 4 months of the league season (because who cares about friendlies and pre-season lets face it)

This. I guarantee he'll never bite someone again if this happened. I hope Liverpool don't pay him during this ban.

Talon

Well, this was unexpected.
Fifa's ban extends to "administrative activities". They are unable to confirm or deny that this includes the signing of new contracts with potential new clubs, but it certainly seems vaguely feasible that he will be now be unable to leave Anfield this summer.
That would be a hilarious punishment in the long run.

This. I guarantee he'll never bite someone again if this happened. I hope Liverpool don't pay him during this ban.

Someone asked Fifa he wasn't able to move clubs during that time and they said they weren't sure. Could be some great news for Liverpool there.

Comes back just in time to play us in early November too

Although supposedly unable to train with Liverpool either?

Mr Cola

Can he train with Liverpool? Does that count under "Football related activity?" In my head it does but no-one is mentioning it so i assume he can

Mastadon

Banned
Someone asked Fifa he wasn't able to move clubs during that time and they said they weren't sure. Could be some great news for Liverpool there.

Comes back just in time to play us in early November too

I think Liverpool would quite like to sell him tbh, not sure they'll be pleased.

Meier

I think Suarez should have received a stricter punishment but this is pretty significant just the same.

Hit us up with a pic!

In case you haven't seen it yet.. this is apparently authentic:

10329130_10203077312866346_8783353494944884876_n.jpg

Speaking of Cannavaro, he's poised to be Zidane's replacement in the dugout <3

Been linked with a coaching job in MLS in the past week. The Zidane news is more recent though so this could be accurate.

So Aguero is out of the WC now?

He seems to be incredibly injury prone these days.
Disappointed for him but THANK GOODNESS. He needs a few months of rest.

Can someone aware on appearance fees? I always thought the player played for free when playing for your country.
It depends on the football federation, but they all get paid. FIFA gives the countries X amount of money for competing in the World Cup and then the country maybe keeps half of it for their specific organization (paying the coach, staff, etc.) and then half goes to the players. As an example, Deandre Yedlin's MLS salary is like $90k for the year. He is expected to get about double that for his World Cup participation.

Talon

Full statement
The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has reached a decision in the case related to Luis Suárez of Uruguay following an incident that occurred during the FIFA World Cup™ match between Italy and Uruguay played on 24 June 2014.

The FIFA Disciplinary Committee has decided that:

· The player Luis Suárez is regarded as having breached art. 48 par. 1 lit. d of the FIFA Disciplinary Code (FDC) (assault), and art. 57 of the FDC (an act of unsporting behaviour towards another player).

· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

· The player Luis Suárez is banned from taking part in any kind of football-related activity (administrative, sports or any other) for a period of four (4) months in accordance with art. 22 of the FDC.

· A stadium ban is pronounced against the player Luis Suárez in accordance with art. 21 of the FDC as follows: the player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium during the period of the ban (point 3). The player Luis Suárez is prohibited from entering the confines of any stadium in which the representative team of Uruguay is playing while he has to serve the nine-match suspension (point 2).

· The player Luis Suárez is ordered to pay a fine in the amount of CHF 100,000.

The decision was notified to the player and the Uruguayan FA today.

“Such behaviour cannot be tolerated on any football pitch, and in particular not at a FIFA World Cup when the eyes of millions of people are on the stars on the field. The Disciplinary Committee took into account all the factors of the case and the degree of Mr Suárez’s guilt in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Code. The decision comes into force as soon it is communicated,” said Claudio Sulser, chairman of the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.
The "football" activity ban isn't exclusive to Uruguay

Mr Cola

So he misses
Southampton
City
Spurs
Villa
West Ham
Everton
West Brom
QPR
Hull

Hixx

Does no football activity mean I could go find him, get a ball, take the piss out of him with my mad skillz and if he got angry and tackled me would I be able to say "FIFA pls here is video evidence of him doing the footballs" and then he'd get banned forever?

Does no football activity mean I could go find him, get a ball, take the piss out of him with my mad skillz and if he got angry and tackled me would I be able to say "FIFA pls here is video evidence of him doing the footballs" and then he'd get banned forever?

He's not even allowed to play Fifa.

Mr Cola

He cant play Fifa pro clubs for 4 months, thats no life to live, hes fucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom