• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
People said this year was good but next I feel will be better, that is if United can challenge for 4th again and not falter. I like to think in the back of my head that last season was an anomaly, i hope it was anyway. There are 5 incredibly good teams that can win the title and only 4 spots. I cant imagine who would miss out next year.

That's what I thought in 2010 :(

Van Gaal will be better than Hodgson though obvsly

Famous gooner last words :p

In all honesty, I can see where they're coming from now

We're in a league against 3 teams that can outspend us, and 2 that do every year. Winning the league is fucking hard, and it's easy to point and laugh at someone for being satisfied with 3rd/4th, but I can say from experience that once you've become accustomed to being one of the top 4, it fucking sucks when you're flung out of it and fuck up your attempts to get back in.

And I know how priveleged that sounds, before Bumhead and l1nett get involved :p

D_prOdigy

This is like E3.

Blatter comes on to some techo-rock, babbles about World Cup revenue, "and before you leave..." *lights dim* Suarez banned for 16 games, crowd goes wild, Wilbur cries.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
9 matches, 4 months from ALL football activity

Barzul

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Suarez. Deserved punishment.

Wait the Four months. Probably includes preseason right? If so He actually got off light.

Wilbur

Banned
Wait

So

Banned until November and then the nine matches preceding that? Or nine match international ban and banned from Liverpool until November

TeddyBoy

Heres a question, would Liverpool fans settle for 4th next season right now? Hard to say how the champions league will go/affect the team. Perhaps your ambitions are much higher now having come second?

Since Suarez is now banned for a quarter of the season, yeah I'd settle for fourth.

EmiPrime

In all honesty, I can see where they're coming from now

We're in a league against 3 teams that can outspend us, and 2 that do every year. Winning the league is fucking hard, and it's easy to point and laugh at someone for being satisfied with 3rd/4th, but I can say from experience that once you've become accustomed to being one of the top 4, it fucking sucks when you're flung out of it and fuck up your attempts to get back in.

And I know how priveleged that sounds, before Bumhead and l1nett get involved :p

That's how I see it. We're in a league that has two teams with infinite resources and one that despite having irresponsible leech-like owners has many worldwide commercial deals to fund their team. Getting a champions league spot is a big achievement in that context.

Just like Atletico winning La Liga was despite the pathetic distribution of TV money and Real Madrid's dodgy financial dealings where debt from buying horrifically expensive players magically disappears.

The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming Fifa World Cup game between Uruguay and Colombia." The nine-match ban is from all internationals.

There's also a four-month ban from all football, according to article 22 of the Fifa disciplinary code. And a ban from all football stadiums while matches are in progress, according to article 21. Plus a fine of 100,000 Swiss franks.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Silly question, can he train with liverpool? All football related activity?

Slizz

Will this reform him?

His first comments after his punishment will be telling. If he plays the victim card, then no it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom