• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

lol, Catalan press are reporting that Suarez could be a Barcelona player by the weekend.

So yeah, I guess it's bullshit. It's the same place where the cash plus + Sanchez deal coming from.

cremino

Now you know what the rest of us feel like reading your posts, the only good thing the suarez incident is we haven't had to put up with you shitting the thread up with real Madrid pics form the champions league.

Everybody would do the same if their club won the Champions League....
Problem with Pulga is that he's too over the top at times with his posts

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BrDoIxJCUAINbE8.jpg

not bad considering....lol

Tc91

Sulley Muntari added another dreadful page to his book of shame at international level after a verbal and physical confrontation with Black Stars management committee member Moses Parker that is likely to end his international career.

The AC Milan midfielder who was at the forefront of player agitation for their appearance fees to be paid before their game against Portugal that resulted in a training boycott took his protest a step further by engaging Parker in a physical confrontation that got so intensive the security at the Brasilia Palace where the team was staying had to intervene.

Muntari squared off against the Medeama SC owner and Black Stars management committee member at a meeting between the players and management where both men exchanged punches before storming Parker’s room where he smashed a MacBook Pro, destroyed phones and property in the room at the Brasilia Palace Hotel the official was staying.

Parker was all along held up on the balcony of the room, protected from the raw rage and anger of the player by other players and officials.

The confrontation begun around 11.30 PM on the first night of the team’s stay in Brasilia ahead of their Group G game against Portugal. The players had demanded a meeting with management as the row over their appearance fees gathered steam. With the meeting set to begin, Muntari asked Parker to leave as he asked GFA president who he was.

An exchange of words ensued with Muntari reportedly telling Parker something along the lines of “if you people make small coins you think you have money so you can talk to us anyhow.” Muntari then threw a first punch, Parker retaliated hitting the Milan star and drawing blood in the process.

The meeting room with management members and players all in attendance had become utterly chaotic as security officials and players attempted to hold back both men. Some officials took Parker up to his room on the second floor of the hotel while others blocked the door so Muntari will not follow up. So charged up was Muntari that he floored at least two security men detailed to the team, brushed off Felix Ansong and pushed all before him.

Soon he was up in Parker’s room on the second floor of the hotel located within striking distance of the official residence of Brazil’s president but other officials had locked up Parker on the balcony to prevent further confrontation. An incensed Muntari then went on a rampage destroying as much as he could in sight in the process. In the end it took center back Jonathan Mensah’s strength to be able to hold the Milan star back on what is easily one of the most shameful nights in Ghana football.

The player was not done though and threatened to have a physical go at Parker anytime he met him in the hotel, forcing Parker to relocate to a nearby hotel.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Muntari going HAM

I have faith that Shaw, Evans, Jones and Rafael is a good enough back four. The problem is injuries, to be honest.

Why?

Shaw - young...unprovenish
Evans - always got a mistake in him, slow
Jones - stupid
Rafael - inconsistent

And the latter 3 are all injury prone. Why do you have faith?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Why?

Jones - stupid
Rafael - inconsistent

CHRIS

SMALL.. :(

Wilbur

Banned
Why?

Jones - stupid
Rafael - inconsistent

Because Shaw looks great and had a great season, I rate Evans highly, Jones has looked good when he played him at centre back and Rafael has proven he can have a consistently good season.

And I mentioned injuries.

Astery

Feel like getting a soccer game to play, preferably with up to date World Cup team players and all that. Doing a real name/ face/ emblems etc. patch is fine. FIFA14 or PES14? Help me out GAF!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
No Champions league or Europa should help with injuries and rotation some, we should be able to put out a consistent team on a weekly basis knowing we dont have midweek to worry about. Regardless of who we buy ill take 4th now if you offer it to me, cant see why a decent cup run is out of the question either. As far as rebuilding goes getting in the Champions league is my only hope.

Because Shaw looks great and had a great season, I rate Evans highly, Jones has looked good when he played him at centre back and Rafael has proven he can have a consistently good season.

And I mentioned injuries.

Rating Evans highly doesn't make him good enough though. I rate Evans too but not that highly, he isn't world class or anything and he always has a mistake in him.

Jones has had plenty of games at CB where he's looked a mess.

Rafael has shown he can a consistent season...and also lots of shit ones.

I don't think we should bin any of them and they should all be part of the defensive unit but it's clear we need better player to help bring them along.

Mr Cola

Heres a question, would Liverpool fans settle for 4th next season right now? Hard to say how the champions league will go/affect the team. Perhaps your ambitions are much higher now having come second?

Why?

Jones - stupid
Rafael - inconsistent

They've made mistakes especially in the early stages of the season, but they improved along the way.

Like Wilbur, I have faith in them. I don't mind us buying another defender with experience though.

Our biggest problem is the fact that we have shitty/old midfielders and overpriced wingers who belong on the bottom tier of the table.

I lost it at:

So charged up was Muntari that he floored at least two security men detailed to the team, brushed off Felix Ansong and pushed all before him.

Italy aside, this is the best world cup ever, both off and on the pitch. I like to think there were explosions behind him when he went forward, seems fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom