• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
yes, but why? For one or two months of football? They'd all rather wait till January. It makes no difference.

Because Barcelona can get him cheaper if they buy him now. If he comes back in November and scores bags of goals then it drives the price up again.

Plus he'll be cup tied.

yes, but why? For one or two months of football? They'd all rather wait till January. It makes no difference.

Time for Juve to step in and get him before Barca and RM think about it. They can then create their own ready meals and use Chielini and Suarez in a cheesy marketing campaign that jokes about the incident.

Zabojnik

To me the most interesting thing about this ban is actually what happens afterwards. Another incident of the same nature would probably mean the end of Suarez's career at top level. He'll be a fucking ticking bomb at whatever club he ends up. Would you pay 100M€ for a player in his condition?

Gentleman's agreement with Barca hahahahahahahaha

Hitcher pls

Do you actually think anyone at that club knows what that word means??

LOOOOL, so pulga. I love you pulga. <333

inky

Who the fuck wants to buy a player banned for 2 and a half months (maybe 2 for a Spanish team since La Liga starts a little later then the PL iirc)

All they have to do is wait til January and they'll get him at a cut-price

Well, they can get him at a cut-price now, when they can negotiate with his ban in place and the scandal around him. I think for the next transfer window he'll most likely be match fit again and in shape with all the ban stuff behind him and him promising to be good, scoring again, even cup-tied, etc.

Wilbur

Banned
Exactly. Big wages, signing on fee and huge transfer fee for someone who can't play for the first four months under contract? No point. I don't even know why Barca want him anyway, he'll only be neutered like Neymar and Sanchez.

Meier

Barca will still buy him this summer IMO. The thought of Messi, Neymar and Suarez together is ridiculous.. Benzema is a solid player, but if Barca do get Suarez, no way that Madrid don't answer in kind with Falcao or someone who is an even bigger name than Benzema.

if our owners are gonna give us money, it needs to be now, we cant have this big a handicap going into a season

They can't until we get money in the bank from selling him

We can spend prize money and commercial revenue, and we can sell other players. But that needs to be spent improving the squad, especially in defense. No chance there'll be enough left over to replace Suarez without breaking FFP

Barzul

I'd rather keep him then.

Either way I'm happy. Suarez being out till November 1st is good for Arsenal. I'd honestly start a bidding war btw Madrid and Barca if I could. Get as much as you possibly can. Suarez is a cancer, no amount of talent can make up for it.

pulga

Banned
Barca will still buy him this summer IMO. The thought of Messi, Neymar and Suarez together is ridiculous.. Benzema is a solid player, but if Barca do get Suarez, no way that Madrid don't answer in kind with Falcao or someone who is an even bigger name than Benzema.

M8 RUMBOOOOOOO is as good as done

Feorax

They can't until we get money in the bank from selling him

We can spend prize money and commercial revenue, and we can sell other players. But that needs to be spent improving the squad, especially in defense. No chance there'll be enough left over to replace Suarez without breaking FFP

So why not break FFP? It's not like there's any real risk of being kicked out of Europe.

operon

Why would any one buy him now and if we do we will lose so much money on him, better to sell next summer, hope pieters keep him in check and get him scoring so we don't lose so much money on him. In the meantime lets pray that sturridge doesn't get injured

wedward

Don't think Suarez to Barca is a good move for either Barca or Suarez. He is going to be out on the wing and have way less freedom than he has now.

As long as Messi is at Barca, he is front and center.

Slizz

It's a tough one, since it's more than fair for that fucking mentalist twat, but unfair for us as his actions in another shirt have left us fucked.

Well it is seeing as he got banned not representing their team. It's a totally fair ban for Suarez however.

Of course its unfair for Liverpool, they dont have anything to do with this lol

All true.

Has a punishment like this been handed out before? Where a player not representing club or country and gets uni-laterally punished?

Well if Liverpool do want to appeal this they should do it as soon as possible incase FIFA decide to uphold it until after any appeal is heard.

But I don't think it's a good idea to appeal. They won't change it.

DBT85

I disagree, they chose to keep him on despite knowing he'd done it twice before. If you want to play with fire, and pay it a huge amount of money at the same time, you're going to get burned. No sympathy at all.

Mastadon

Banned
Well if Liverpool do want to appeal this they should do it as soon as possible incase FIFA decide to uphold it until after any appeal is heard.

But I don't think it's a good idea to appeal. They won't change it.

We can't appeal it. It has to come from Uruguay apparently.

maybe LFC themslves could lunch an appeal against the 4 months part, as they were in no way a part of what he did while on international duty (not appealling the international games ban though)

I think most people think it's harsh on Liverpool

It is not harsh on Liverpool. Liverpool always have an up themselves sense of pride and that they are a community. If they really are all about the community then they should suspend him for longer and send out a message that footballers can't get away with acts of thuggery. But of course Liverpool defend a racist so they will defend him once again.

elseanio

Aug 16: Liverpool v Southampton
Aug 23: Manchester City v Liverpool
Aug 30: Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool
Sep 13: Liverpool v Aston Villa
Sep 16: Champions League matchday 1
Sep 20: West Ham United v Liverpool
Sep 27: Liverpool v Everton
Sep 30: Champions League matchday 2
Oct 4: Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion
Oct 18: Queens Park Rangers v Liverpool
Oct 21: Champions League matchday 3
Oct 25: Liverpool v Hull City

Bumhead

Banned
I think most people think it's harsh on Liverpool

Liverpool has done more than its fair share in choosing to support and protect Suarez. They should and should continue to shoulder the reprecussions of that everytime he does something stupid weather it's for club or country.

The ban is feeble and laughable. Embarassing for the game.

inky

The club backed him when he racially abused someone. Then backed him again when he bit someone. They've had two warnings and backed him to the hilt.

Pretty much. If you know your player is a liability, you have to be aware of the possibility he'll do something stupid during international matches. They've had enough warnings.

Meier

Again, I don't think it is. If he bit someone on the street and got sent to jail, it still wouldn't be unfair for them. As an employer, you are partially responsible for any blow back on your employees. You shoulder the blame and the benefit from their actions. Anyone employing Luis Suarez at this point in his career KNOWS he will do something fucking insane at some point but since he's a great footballer, they accept that risk and have to deal with the consequences that often follow.

Fred in training:

BrD1HEyIYAEdcUD.jpg

Again, I don't think it is. If he bit someone on the street and got sent to jail, it still wouldn't be unfair for them. As an employer, you are partially responsible for any blow back on your employees. You shoulder the blame and the benefit from their actions. Anyone employing Luis Suarez at this point in his career KNOWS he will do something fucking insane at some point but since he's a great footballer, they accept that risk and have to deal with the consequences that often follow.

Fred in training:

BrD1HEyIYAEdcUD.jpg
Yeah im inclined to agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom