• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Pretty much. If you know your player is a liability, you have to be aware of the possibility he'll do something stupid during international matches. They've had enough warnings.
But he was improving with Liverpool under Rodgers and Steve Peters. Not one incident this club season.

Why should we be punished when he's not with Liverpool?

Barzul

Michael ⚽ Gooner ‏@MickTheGooner 14s
Suarez: "It's a blow to the heart." It would now be "very hard" to return to play in England, claims report in Evening Standard. #BarcaBound

Mastadon

Banned
The club backed him when he racially abused someone. Then backed him again when he bit someone. They've had two warnings and backed him to the hilt.

Someone pls photoshop Brendan's face on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFmuO6xJ36g

It is not harsh on Liverpool. Liverpool always have an up themselves sense of pride and that they are a community. If they really are all about the community then they should suspend him for longer and send out a message that footballers can't get away with acts of thuggery. But of course Liverpool defend a racist so they will defend him once again.

Liverpool has done more than its fair share in choosing to support and protect Suarez. They should and should continue to shoulder the reprecussions of that everytime he does something stupid weather it's for club or country.

The ban is feeble and laughable. Embarassing for the game.

Oh I agree, we made our bed when we decided to back him. I think it's fair to remember that we worked a lot behind the scenes to attempt to rehabilitate him and provide the necessary support for him to cope mentally. The t-shirts and stuff after the racist abuse was probably the most embarrassing and cringe-worthy thing I've ever experienced, but the people responsible for the way that was handled aren't at the club (or at least not in the same capacity).

Scum

Don't think Suarez to Barca is a good move for either Barca or Suarez. He is going to be out on the wing and have way less freedom than he has now.

As long as Messi is at Barca, he is front and center.
Jedward pls. Old school 4-3-3. Neymar (STRL) Messi (STC) Suarez (STCR)

DBT85

But he was improving with Liverpool under Rodgers and Steve Peters. Not one incident this club season.

Why should we be punished when he's not with Liverpool?

So the rest of the league should have to submit to playing with a guy who has, on three separate occasions, attempted to eat opponents? Just because he wasn't playing for Liverpool?

What level of offence would it be acceptable that Liverpool lose out for supporting him as they have done? loss of limb? studs in face? death?

regardless of the ruling itself, I never saw him playing for LFC again, he goaded the british press just before the bite, and then bites, what do you think the press would do in that situation? then put the ban on top, yeah its not happening at all, he is gone.

elseanio

So the rest of the league should have to submit to playing with a guy who has, on three separate occasions, attempted to eat opponents? Just because he wasn't playing for Liverpool?

What level of offence would it be acceptable that Liverpool lose out for supporting him as they have done? loss of limb? studs in face? death?

Probably wouldn't have got a 4 month ban

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vivalaraza

ibmjArhBkhE2bV.gif

It's harsh on Liverpool, but ultimately it's a ban for the player. They made that clear when they banned him from all footballing activity. They suffer for his actions because they hold his registration. He's let them down.

Daniel Storey @danielstorey85
Those saying Liverpool punished for mistake in Uruguay game - That, I'm afraid, is the risk of dancing with the devil.

Mastadon

Banned
How expensive would it be for him to buy out his contract at Liverpool?

Very I'd imagine. It's based on wages, contract length and transfer value. Considering he's just signed a new deal on £200k p/w, it'd be a substantial amount to buy it out.

Bumhead

Banned
Suarez: "It's a blow to the heart." It would now be "very hard" to return to play in England, claims report in Evening Standard. #BarcaBound

He's got his get out clause.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a certain amount of engineering to this.

Is it a coincidence that his overriding emotion after scoring against England was to straight off attack the English press, followed by what he knows would be a high profile bite against Italy, his main reaction to which is "I can't go back to England". And it's not like he hasn't been making noises about a move away before?

You Liverpool boys happy to defend Suarez, happy for him to score against England and prove his point.. what a set of mugs he's made you look.

Wilbur

Banned

What has England got to do with it :lol

He's just trying to get out. Don't know how some Liverpool fans can still stand him.

Meier

Kaka decided to stay until the end of his contract. :/
I wouldn't be surprised if you all came to a mutual termination agreement in January and he joined up with Orlando City then.

How expensive would it be for him to buy out his contract at Liverpool?

He's on ~£200k a week now, so it'd be quite expensive. Not sure if he's signed through 2018 or 2019, but you'd think it'd have to be at least £40-50m? He probably doesn't have that much money himself, but a third party could probably help. Not entirely certain the rules on that though as it seems like it'd be pretty easy to circumvent big transfer fees. Some sort of non-compete of X number of years probably exists if you buy out your own contract.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

what does England have to do with anything

did they bite him?

Mastadon

Banned

Is it a coincidence that his overriding emotion after scoring against England was to straight off attack the English press, followed by what he knows would be a high profile bite against Italy, his main reaction to which is "I can't go back to England". And it's not like he hasn't been making noises about a move away before?

You Liverpool boys happy to defend Suarez, happy for him to score against England and prove his point.. what a set of mugs he's made you look.

I can't believe that he'd risk missing the World Cup to engineer a move that was likely going to happen anyway. I know he's not the brightest, but that seems crazy.

Sorry but that's fucking ridiculous

You think he stepped onto the pitch with an intention of detroying his and probably Uruguay's world cup, just to make it more likely that he leaves Liverpool?

Ludicrous

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rumour that Uruguay are threatening to pull out of the world cup.

Fucking idiots.

I doubt it.

we had our Italy media meltdown already, there's no going back after that. We blamed everyone and everyone blamed the person next to him in the bus.

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry but that's fucking ridiculous

You think he stepped onto the pitch with an intention of detroying his and probably Uruguay's world cup, just to make it more likely that he leaves Liverpool?

Ludicrous

I think the slating of the English media was enough, to be honest. The bite is just because he's braindead and obviously got reared from birth by wolves.

Gambit

Seems Schweinsteiger is playing for Khedira (yay) and Podolski for Götze (meh). I'd prefer Schürrle for Özil.

Anyhow, geting excited here.

L1NETT

What has England got to do with it :lol

He's just trying to get out. Don't know how some Liverpool fans can still stand him.

Because he's world class

Some Liverpool fans were saying similar things after the Ivanovic incident...never want to see him play for us again blah blah blah

Then he plays a big part in pushing them to a title challenge...

Rumour that Uruguay are threatening to pull out of the world cup.

Fucking idiots.
There's supporting your player and then there's turning a blind fucking eye over and over again. If you back out now don't bother coming back. Ever. Fucking babies. It's one player.

Assuming the rumor is true of course.

:lol

oh baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom