• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

They should really have a three strike policy for this kind of thing, next ban should see him banned for a year or more, you cannot keep doing this.
Feel bad for Liverpool honestly, though in fairness they did ok in his absence last year.

Next time and he's out I would think, or the ban would be long enough like two years to be enough to finish him. If he's smart he'll use this time to sort himself out and take responsibility for his actions because if he doesn't the next time he does something like this he's gone. He's had more than enough chances already

Scum

Imagine if "administrative activities" involves transfers. Barca manage to dodge a transfer ban and then end up not being able to sign the player they want...

...because of a transfer ban.

ig472K2TJGsIx.gif

I think Liverpool would quite like to sell him tbh, not sure they'll be pleased.

Why would they like to sell him? He's a world class player, a massive cunt, a fucking idiot and got some rather bizarre mental problems, but he's still world class.

Not to mention this isn't going to help his fee at all. They'd be better off keeping him until the end of the season and hope he hits form again which I'm sure he will.
Goal scoring form, not player biting form

Does no football activity mean I could go find him, get a ball, take the piss out of him with my mad skillz and if he got angry and tackled me would I be able to say "FIFA pls here is video evidence of him doing the footballs" and then he'd get banned forever?

What about Fantasy Football?

He's missed 20% of Liverpool's games since signing. They should fine him those wages right now.

Barzul

Looks like he can't transfer clubs OR train with L'Pool. Looks like pretty fitting punishment as I'm fairly sure he wanted a transfer this summer.

Wilbur

Banned

· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

Mastadon

Banned
· The player Luis Suárez is to be suspended for nine (9) official matches. The first match of this suspension is to be served in the upcoming FIFA World Cup™ fixture between Colombia and Uruguay on 28 June 2014. The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches in accordance with art. 38 par. 2a) of the FDC.

Oh I thought you meant rather than club matches.

Only WC mathces is crazy, what if Uruguay don't qualify? no punishment at all?

No he is banned for all their world cup games. So if they get to the final he is banned for four games and then 5 qualifiers. otherwise if they are knocked out in the next game he is banned from 8 qualifiers.

"The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches"

I'm not great at reading, but that doesn't sound like only WC matches to me

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh, I assumed it meant he could play in qualifiers but not the actual World Cup 2018 or whatever itself

No World Cup for him next time, which means they won't even include him in their squad.

this is so fucking delicious, and totally worth the shoulder bite.

DIE MOTHERFUCKER

Walshy

Liverpool have got to take it to CAS.

How can Liverpool be worst hit when he's with the Uruguay squad? They get hit for one game, we get hit for thirteen.

bud

"The remaining match suspensions shall be served in Uruguay’s next FIFA World Cup match(es), as long as the team qualifies, and/or in the representative team’s subsequent official matches"

i believe she said that he's allowed to play in friendly games, but not in qualification games.

Lightning

Banned
Liverpool have been served here. This is not really fair, harsh on Liverpool.

Fuck Uruguay. Their comments post incident have been a disgrace.

Fair punishment for me though. No way is it lenient.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Blame Suarez over Fifa, all Liverpools hate should be put towards him

Walshy

It's a fair punishment, but we have been absolutely fucked over.

Wilbur

Banned
Pls @DuckerTheTimes: In other news .... Herrera to #MUFC on the verge of being done. Expected announcement in next 24 hours

inky

Yea, it's not only WC matches. He'll fill the 9 match ban before they even qualify to the next WC. Any official match will do.

Pls @DuckerTheTimes: In other news .... Herrera to #MUFC on the verge of being done. Expected announcement in next 24 hours

Good signing. Congrats MUFC.

Scum

That means the possibility of no Copa America next year for Suarez then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom