• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

Yep, he can still play in any tournament inbetween.

Somehow it feels like we've been the hardest hit here...

that pretty much bans him from the world for ever or almost assuming Uruguay get beaten in the second round that 8 games left til the next world so if the get knocked after 3or 4 games you can see where this is going.

edit : maybe not.

can we have fourth place now plz

Meier

Liverpool have been served here. This is not really fair, harsh on Liverpool.

Fuck Uruguay. Their comments post incident have been a disgrace.

Fair punishment for me though. No way is it lenient.

Don't agree. If you employ a maniac, you're bound to get burned by it at some point. They had an opportunity to cut ties before.

Lightning

Banned
They have to buy a striker. A real striker - sorry Lambert. Good luck finding one anywhere as good. Ask Arsenal about what happens when you don't have a striker...
You still get cl football every year and an FA cup.

Don't agree. If you employ a maniac, you're bound to get burned by it at some point. They had an opportunity to cut ties before.
Absurd post. You don't just 'cut ties' with one of the best strikers in the world. Striker is such a difficult position to replace.

-Freeze his wages for the duration of his ban
-Fine him if legal
-Gentleman's agreement with Barca for them to sign him in January
-Buy the replacement now
-Don't let him play for us again
-Sell him in January, passing FFP

Best-case scenario which would still bite us in the arse if Barca decided not to buy him.

I'm not entirely sure why the fact that it happened at the World Cup factors into the punishment. It's ridiculously unfair (victims etc) that only Suarez and Uruguay can appeal when we've been hit just as hard

Liverpool know exactly what he's like and they took the risk in keeping him last summer. I find it very hard to have sympathy when its not like this is a first time offence. He was banned for biting when they signed him, he bit Branna, he got banned for being racist and he now hes bitten someone else...

If all of that before this event isn't enough to make Liverpool think "this guy is a ticking time bomb" then their own fault for being so naive.

The ban is lenient, he should consider himself lucky he didn't get a year

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
-Freeze his wages for the duration of his ban
-Fine him if legal
-Gentleman's agreement with Barca for them to sign him in January
-Buy the replacement now
-Don't let him play for us again
-Sell him in January, passing FFP

Best-case scenario which would still bite us in the arse if Barca decided not to buy him.

I'm not entirely sure why the fact that it happened at the World Cup factors into the punishment. It's ridiculously unfair (victims etc) that only Suarez and Uruguay can appeal when we've been hit just as hard
Wont happen but it would be hilarious if Liverpool took a stand and put him in the reserves for a year.

pulga

Banned
Gentleman's agreement with Barca hahahahahahahaha

Hitcher pls

Do you actually think anyone at that club knows what that word means??

hiroshawn

Banned
"In Uruguay there is not the moral outrage that the English press deals with this issue so there is no question that once his ban is served he will be selected by Uruguay. He is out of the Copa America next year and will probably miss the first of the World Cup qualifiers on the road to Russia.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm laughing so hard right now because this so fucking harsh on Liverpool

what the fuck did they do :lol :lol :lol

not only did they lose their best player, but now they're kinda forced to sell him for significantly less later on. He won't be match fit, like Llorente in our case.

Meier

Absurd post. You don't just 'cut ties' with one of the best strikers in the world. Striker is such a difficult position to replace.

Obviously they agree with you. It's called playing with fire -- not selling him after the Ivanovic debacle showed he was not rehabilitated and would strike again. They got burned.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm laughing so hard right now because this so fucking harsh on Liverpool

what the fuck did they do :lol :lol :lol

now only did they lose their best player, but now they're kinda forced to sell him for significantly less later on. He won't be match fit, like Llorente in our case.

I don't give a fuck about Liverpool :lol

That's what they get for employing a cannibal

D_prOdigy

BrEATTTCYAAYGtq.jpg

ripfergu5qja6.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Obviously they agree with you. It's called playing with fire -- not selling him after the Ivanovic debacle showed he was not rehabilitated and would strike again. They got burned.

That's slightly revisionist. Everyone thought he had been rehabilitated at the end of last season, hence the awards he won. It looked like he had learnt from the past and kept his head down.

Tc91

Rafael Hernández ‏@RafaelH117 1m
Luis Suárez won't be able to transfer to another club, he's been banned from football on and off pitch.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 10s
Luis Suarez CAN be transferred during the ban period.

@talkSPORT ON AIR

That Rafa guy is full of bullshit he actually knows nothing.

Lightning

Banned
It seems weird that Luis would do this. If he just pulled his head in he may have gotten his Barca move. Like a less than 1% chance now.

Liverpool know exactly what he's like and they took the risk in keeping him last summer. I find it very hard to have sympathy when its not like this is a first time offence. He was banned for biting when they signed him, he bit Branna, he got banned for being racist and he now hes bitten someone else...

If all of that before this event isn't enough to make Liverpool think "this guy is a ticking time bomb" then their own fault for being so naive.

The ban is lenient, he should consider himself lucky he didn't get a year

It genuinely seemed like he'd calmed down last season. He still had that edge to his game, but none of this bullshit, then as soon as he spends a month without Pieters reminding him that he isn't a fucking 3 year old, he fucks up again. Probably the last straw for the club and we'll try and get rid as soon as possible. Hopefully we replace him before selling him, because that ban is a killer. That's 2 rounds of League Cup matches, 4(?) CL group games and 9 league matches without him, which could easily end our season before he even comes back

I don't think I'll get my 7-9 matches (club + international). I mean the +4 months technically isn't a number of club games he's banned for. There just happen to be a lot of games in that time. But I think they'll wait until he misses 1 club game and then settle it as a loss.

#prayforbungie

I'll gift some copies of bad rats if I win

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter now
Fifa update on #Suarez: "A transfer can happen this summer." So "4-month ban on all football activity" does not preclude transfer #lfc #fcb

Who the fuck wants to buy a player banned for 2 and a half months (maybe 2 for a Spanish team since La Liga starts a little later then the PL iirc)

All they have to do is wait til January and they'll get him at a cut-price

Liverpool should have Suarez clean toilets at the training ground or something. If they're paying him they might as well get their money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom