• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
Because he's world class

Some Liverpool fans were saying similar things after the Ivanovic incident...never want to see him play for us again blah blah blah

Then he plays a big part in pushing them to a title challenge...

Yeah I admit that it's difficult to maintain a level of dislike when he's leading your club to its best domestic season in a lifetime. He really did look like he had put all this behind him though. It was easy enough to forgive him when it appeared that he had learnt his lesson.

Bumhead

Banned
Sorry but that's fucking ridiculous

You think he stepped onto the pitch with an intention of detroying his and probably Uruguay's world cup, just to make it more likely that he leaves Liverpool?

Ludicrous

He's a fucking mentalist.

What part of biting other players makes sense to you either?

Not saying it's rational. Just seems pretty fucking convenient to me. Is that what your first reaction would be? "Oh I've been banned for 4 months, I can't come back to England now!" What? What does coming back to England have to do with it? Why has he made that comment?

All he could think about when he scored the winner in a vital game for his country that helped set up progression to the next round was his own personal vendetta and persecution against the English media. Sounds like he really gives a shit about his county's World Cup to me.

Suarez wants out. He wants to leave Liverpool. He's done nothing but goad and moan about the English press - even in totally obscure and irrelevant situations - for ages. Including this World Cup. He knows how to play them. Did he bite Chiellini just to get a move out of Liverpool? Probably not in complete isolation no. But he knew full well what the consequences of that would be and I strongly believe he knows in his head that's the straw that will break the back of Liverpool's resistence to keeping him.

Yeah, I don't think they'd be that stupid.

But if they did that wouldn't Italy go through?
Don't think so, I guess Colombia would just get a bye. The Italian players aren't even in Brazil anymore.

That's pointless though since they're not gonna pull out. They have already ridiculed themselves with those statements after the match, if they really forfeit the cup they'll go down in history as the most clownish team in the history of the sport

Sane_Man

You Liverpool boys happy to defend Suarez, happy for him to score against England and prove his point.. what a set of mugs he's made you look.

Haha you're the one who looks like a mug with this load of nonsense. It's also completely indicative of what this whole thing has turned into by some rival fans - a tool to beat Liverpool fans over the head with. Tribalistic bullshit. Nearly all Liverpool fans think he's a dickhead. Barely anyone is defending him. You're just sticking the boot in now.

arkon

Why isn't Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission not on 3DS :(

I want a good metroidvania for the Vita or 3DS. I already have Guacamelee, Steamworld Dig and Cave Story. What else should I get?

Also it sucks that Nintendo Football Club is not in the US 3DS shop yet.

You could try Gateways. I haven't played much of it but it's in a similar mould. Quite enjoyed what I've played so far.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216290/

It's also dirt cheap.

He's a fucking mentalist.

What part of biting other players makes sense to you either?

Not saying it's rational. Just seems pretty fucking convenient to me. Is that what your first reaction would be? "Oh I've been banned for 4 months, I can't come back to England now!" What? What does coming back to England have to do with it? Why has he made that comment?

All he could think about when he scored the winner in a vital game for his country that helped set up progression to the next round was his own personal vendetta and persecution against the English media. Sounds like he really gives a shit about his county's World Cup to me.

Suarez wants out. He wants to leave Liverpool. He's done nothing but goad and moan about the English press - even in totally obscure and irrelevant situations - for ages. Including this World Cup. He knows how to play them. Did he bite Chiellini just to get a move out of Liverpool? Probably not in complete isolation no. But he knew full well what the consequences of that would be and I strongly believe he knows in his head that's the straw that will break the back of Liverpool's resistence to keeping him.

The theory of him using this ban and post-England interview to engineer a move: Reasonable, likely true
The theory of him biting Chiellini as part of this genius plan: Utter bollocks

Bumhead

Banned
Haha you're the one who looks like a mug with this load of nonsense. It's also completely indicative of what this whole thing has turned into by some rival fans - a tool to beat Liverpool fans over the head with. Tribalistic bullshit. Nearly all Liverpool fans think he's a dickhead. Barely anyone is defending him. You're just sticking the boot in now.

Fucking bless.

Poor Liverpool fans. Again.

Not specificially related to anyone on here. Probably wrong to say "You" Liverpool fans as if it was aimed at anyone on here. But there were folks on here saying how a lot of other scousers dislike England and would be happier for their player to do the business. That's up to them. Just wonder how they'll feel about their club being screwed over as a result of his actions now.

Wilbur

Banned
Just offer him to Barca for Sanchez plus 25-30m. That's fair, I think, considering Sanchez's quality, lack of controversy, ability to play wide and in a free role, and value.

Feorax

Just offer him to Barca for Sanchez plus 25-30m. That's fair, I think, considering Sanchez's quality, lack of controversy, ability to play wide and in a free role, and value.

I'd take that in a heartbeat. Be surprised if they go for it though.

You could try Gateways. I haven't played much of it but it's in a similar mould. Quite enjoyed what I've played so far.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/216290/

It's also dirt cheap.

but my PC is only for Dota :(

Yeah I can see Sanchez doing really well under Liverpool's system.

Don't think so, I guess Colombia would just get a bye. The Italian players aren't even in Brazil anymore.

That's pointless though since they're not gonna pull out. They have already ridiculed themselves with those statements after the match, if they really forfeit the cup they'll go down in history as the most clownish team in the history of the sport

Italian players are already in Italy and probably Colombia will advance to the quarters if Uruguay pulls out

I don't know. That makes sense because everyone else has left, but FIFA? Sponsors? Money?

Seriously though some random paper had an article from back in October or something saying Suarez would do something crazy at the WC and then demand to leave. I guess it wasn’t the hardest thing to predict…but yeah…it’s panning out that way.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
DuckerTimes says Herrera to be done and announced in 24 hours. 4 year contract with option of 5th year.

Would like to hear LvG's views on him, cant wait for his first press conference :D

hashtagthankyousuarezswsij.png

YES

MOY

ES

Zamparini: "Lafferty is a womanizer. He disappears for a week, takes a plane to go to women in Milan. He has 2 families with 6 children."

I love Zamps. As soon as a player leaves, he starts. :lol

also lol Suarez and Liverpool, RAWK meltdowns has been great to look at while working.

Mastadon

Banned
Fucking bless.

Poor Liverpool fans. Again.

Not specificially related to anyone on here. Probably wrong to say "You" Liverpool fans as if it was aimed at anyone on here. But there were folks on here saying how a lot of other scousers dislike England and would be happier for their player to do the business. That's up to them. Just wonder how they'll feel about their club being screwed over as a result of his actions now.

I don't see how the two are connected? A lot of Liverpool fans did celebrate Suarez scoring against England because they feel disenfranchised from the FA and the national set-up as it's focused around London. This is a common feeling among a lot of northern clubs.

Clearly it feels shit for his actions to screw us over, considering the amount of work we put in to supporting him.

Meier

Somebody posted this TBT on Facebook. Me back in 8th grade apparently.. look at that suave ass haircut. Scott Parker approved.

10438169_319452034881360_738217095699573147_n.jpg

1997. Was Randy even born at that point?

defel

Suarez is a genius! He wanted to leave Liverpool but didnt want to lose face with the club by throwing a tantrum. He has masterfully created a situation where its untenable for Liverpool to keep him and potential buyers get him on the cheap. That bite on Chiellini was all part of a master plan to leave England. Well played Barca.

Sane_Man

I don't see how the two are connected? A lot of Liverpool fans did celebrate Suarez scoring against England because they feel disenfranchised from the FA and the national set-up as it's focused around London. This is a common feeling among a lot of northern clubs.

Clearly it feels shit for his actions to screw us over, considering the amount of work we put in to supporting him.

It's just the usual strawman bullshit that gets plastered around here about Liverpool fans. Either something they read on RAWK or what some guy overheard a Liverpool fan say at work. There's never any substance to it.

Bumhead

Banned
The theory of him using this ban and post-England interview to engineer a move: Reasonable, likely true
The theory of him biting Chiellini as part of this genius plan: Utter bollocks

You're right, it is theory.

I don't understand Suarez. I don't know why an adult male and a professional athlete chooses to bite another man in a high profile World Cup match for the third time in his career any more than you do. Any more than anyone else does.

Can you rationalise that? Can you, with 100% certainty, tell me or anyone else anything about Suarez's character, state of mind or why he did that?

I can't. So like everybody else I'm theorising.

It just strikes me as REALLY fucking odd that his main focus here still seems to be his future in England. Is that the first thing you'd be talking about after a ban while on World Cup duty with your country? Not the progression of your team mates or the people of your country or disappointment about missing the second round and possibly beyond?

It's a really odd timeline of events isn't it. I'm not saying his stuck his teeth into Chiellini thinking "this'll get me to Madrid!", but together with his comments pre AND post the incident, it stinks a bit to me. Even by the irrational and mental standards of a fucking lunatic.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love Hulk Hogan, steroid abusing horrible man that he is, the persona is great :D

Suarez doesn't even HAVE to leave England. The press won't really give much a shit over this as it isn't against England. Effigies won't be burned, children won't be kidnapped.

Hell, CR7 and Beckham both got it harder by the English press and fans after their problems in the World Cup.

pulga

Banned

Looks like it.

Official statement:

Últimas noticias NOTICIASJUEVES, 26 DE JUNIO DE 2014
26 / 06 / 2014Herrera abona la cláusula de rescisión
En la tarde de hoy, día 26 de junio de 2014, la Liga de Fútbol Profesional ha certificado al Athletic Club que el jugador Ander Herrera Agüera ha cumplido los requisitos exigidos en la normativa aplicable para la válida resolución unilateral del contrato de trabajo que le unía a nuestro Club. La citada certificación señala que el jugador ha manifestado su voluntad de extinguir y resolver unilateralmente la relación contractual que le unía desde el pasado 11 de julio del 2011 y que se ha depositado el importe de la indemnización establecida en el contrato.

El Athletic Club agradece al jugador Ander Herrera su dedicación durante las tres temporadas que ha permanecido en el club y le desea lo mejor en sus futuros proyectos deportivos.

A raíz de la decisión adoptada por el jugador, el presidente Josu Urrutia ha efectuado una primera valoración por parte de nuestra entidad: "El Athletic debe aspirar a jugadores cuya primera opción sea defender la camiseta del Club. En tal sentido, la decisión de Ander Herrera no está alineada con esa idea, por lo que supone una decepción para el club."

Asimismo Urrutia ha subrayado lo siguiente: "En su día, concretamente para comenzar la campaña 2011-12, el Athletic Club fichó a Ander Herrera del Real Zaragoza y hoy, con contrato en vigor y contando dentro de nuestro proyecto deportivo, ha asumido las dos condiciones ya conocidas para irse de la entidad, es decir, querer abandonar el club y abonar la cláusula de rescisión recogida en su contrato. No es un momento agradable, pero no altera en nada nuestra filosofía ni nuestra manera de concebir la línea en la que debe trabajar el Club. Tenemos una plantilla jugadores con un gran potencial competitivo, y seguiremos adelante con la misma determinación".

Yup, bought himself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom