• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, it is theory.

I don't understand Suarez. I don't know why an adult male and a professional athlete chooses to bite another man in a high profile World Cup match for the third time in his career any more than you do. Any more than anyone else does.

Can you rationalise that? Can you, with 100% certainty, tell me or anyone else anything about Suarez's character, state of mind or why he did that?

I can't. So like everybody else I'm theorising.

It just strikes me as REALLY fucking odd that his main focus here still seems to be his future in England. Is that the first thing you'd be talking about after a ban while on World Cup duty with your country? Not the progression of your team mates or the people of your country or disappointment about missing the second round and possibly beyond?

It's a really odd timeline of events isn't it. I'm not saying his stuck his teeth into Chiellini thinking "this'll get me to Madrid!", but together with his comments pre AND post the incident, it stinks a bit to me. Even by the irrational and mental standards of a fucking lunatic.

If he really wanted out he would have bit Stevie G or racially abused Sterling, Johnson or Sturidge

Why can't Spain just not be so weird, Wooden? Why!?

You can have "regular release clauses" too! But it's mandatory to have a release clause like this in every players contract...

It's apparently what is causing a bit of trouble with Costa too, Chelsea could just pay it off but also pay the high taxes... Or atletico could accept a slightly higher bid and Chelsea could avoid the tax.

I don't understand Suarez. I don't know why an adult male and a professional athlete chooses to bite another man in a high profile World Cup match for the third time in his career any more than you do. Any more than anyone else does.

Can you rationalise that? Can you, with 100% certainty, tell me or anyone else anything about Suarez's character, state of mind or why he did that?

It just strikes me as REALLY fucking odd that his main focus here still seems to be his future in England. Is that the first thing you'd be talking about after a ban while on World Cup duty with your country? Not the progression of your team mates or the people of your country or disappointment about missing the second round and possibly beyond?

It's a really odd timeline of events isn't it. I'm not saying his stuck his teeth into Chiellini thinking "this'll get me to Madrid!", but together with his comments pre AND post the incident, it stinks a bit to me. Even by the irrational and mental standards of a fucking lunatic.

The rationale is that he has no reasonable rationale. A spark goes off in his head over seemingly random incidents and his reaction to that is to bite for some bizarre reason. He's a lunatic, put simply. Trying to apply rationale to these actions is pointless, and only possible probably with hours of 1-to-1 interviews and a multitude of psychology degrees

Hixx

You can have "regular release clauses" too! But it's mandatory to have a release clause like this in every players contract...

It's apparently what is causing a bit of trouble with Costa too, Chelsea could just pay it off but also pay the high taxes... Or atletico could accept a slightly higher bid and Chelsea could avoid the tax.

Oh I thought you meant that was the only way they worked in Spain.

Wonder how much it was, then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Urrutia (Athletic president): "Athletic want players whose first option is to defend this club's shirt."

they need to start winning titles first then

and to start winning titles they have to drop their 'only Basque allowed' rule. They could do so much with their money ffs.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
1 down

3 to go

Based LvG

Give me his shirt number :3

operon

He doesn't take responsibility for his actions. He doesn't believe he did any wrong and that the press etc hence his attack on them when Uruguay beat England.

L1NETT

Luke Freeman signs for Bristol City

For fucks sake

Really. We can't go in with just AMac and Hanson

Gah

Really? I would like to see that, mostly because Debuchy is trash. No idea how he's starting for France, guess it helps that they are in a piss weak group.

Debuchy's decent enough. Would do a job for Arsenal.

But Sagna was rock last season and is the far better player.

LTWheels

If Barca still wants Suarez, it still has to be this transfer window, because doesn't Barca's ban come into play in the Jan window?

Bumhead

Banned
The rationale is that he has no reasonable rationale. A spark goes off in his head over seemingly random incidents and his reaction to that is to bite for some bizarre reason. He's a lunatic, put simply. Trying to apply rationale to these actions is pointless, and only possible probably with hours of 1-to-1 interviews and a multitude of psychology degrees

Completely agree.

But, be it intentionally or otherwise, there's a pretty reasonable chance this is going to lead to what he really wants, isn't it? He's taken yet another opportunity to publicly declare his desire not to come back to England.

If the player chooses not to come back to England then Liverpool are stuck and will have to sell him. We had a very similar situation with Di Canio after the Alcock push.

Intentionally or otherwise, the fact is that this is Suarez's biggest chance to get his move away from Andield. And if he doesn't think Liverpool can or will be complicit with that he can make good on that veiled threat about not coming back and force the issue himself. It's firmly in his hands now. Weather the bite was intentionally done to that end is irrelevant at this point.

sneaky77

I know.

which is why a few of your players are leaving. What you're trying to do is admirable, but not sustainable in this day and age.

We have had players that have been tempted to leave and decided to stay, others decide to leave, it's all good. Plenty of teams purchase players from all over the place and don't win titles and get relegated so that doesn't guarantee much.

As of now we have never been relegated in our history.

Meier

I know.

which is why a few of your players are leaving. What you're trying to do is admirable, but not sustainable in this day and age.

Let's be honest here, they're probably never going to win a league title even without their internal club restrictions. If they can continually finish around 4th, that's a pretty damn good achievement. Their stance is a bit admirable and kind of weird, but you have to respect them for sticking to their guns resolutely. Sneaky mentioned they have some youth players who are ready to step up and take Ander's place.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Let's be honest here, they're probably never going to win a league title even without their internal club restrictions. If they can finish 4th, that's a pretty damn fantastic achievement. It's a bit admirable and kind of weird, but you have to respect them for sticking to their guns resolutely. Sneaky mentioned they have some youth players who are ready to step up and take Ander's place.

Why not? Atletico (a badly run club) managed to do it.

If Barca still wants Suarez, it still has to be this transfer window, because doesn't Barca's ban come into play in the Jan window?

Stalemate if so, but better than checkmate from our point of view

Their leverage is his ban, our leverage is their ban. If we could come out with Sanchez and £30m I'd be absolutely delighted, put this whole mess behind us and let him slink his way to Spain so he can frustrate them instead

Arnie

If nobody matches his asking price I still wouldn't sell. Right, he misses a lot of Liverpool matches, but it's only the real goobers who think we're unable to win a match without him, despite all the hard evidence suggesting otherwise.

It's idiotic business to just say 'fuck it, sell for half the price' because he misses two and a half months of domestic football. He's still the third best player in the world.

And a lot of what I read on Suarez reminds me of the horsejizz minor political parties spout because they know they ain't getting near the hotseat.

"I'd never cheer Suarez again."
"I'd sell him for a cut-rate fee."
"We'll legalise weed."
"We'll abolish University fees."

Regarding the ban itself I think it's largely fair. Escalated from last summer and rightly so.

sneaky77

Let's be honest here, they're probably never going to win a league title even without their internal club restrictions. If they can finish 4th, that's a pretty damn fantastic achievement. It's a bit admirable and kind of weird, but you have to respect them for sticking to their guns resolutely. Sneaky mentioned they have some youth players who are ready to step up and take Ander's place.

That has always been the cycle.. players leave someone will step up, Muniain can play CAM, we have a couple of youngsters that seem to be coming good. We will have bad seasons and good seasons.. but it's what it is.. is not like we can ever compite with the Man Utds, Barca, Bayern, Madrid's of the world, we don't have that kinda cash, and trying only leaves you in debt to your ears,

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Stalemate if so, but better than checkmate from our point of view

Their leverage is his ban, our leverage is their ban. If we could come out with Sanchez and £30m I'd be absolutely delighted, put this whole mess behind us and let him slink his way to Spain so he can frustrate them instead

Barca cant be the only team in for him? PSG dont give a fuck what the world thinks of them, neither does Monaco, every team capable of getting him will try.

If nobody matches his asking price I still wouldn't sell. Right, he misses a lot of Liverpool matches, but it's only the real goobers who think we're unable to win a match without him, despite all the hard evidence suggesting otherwise.

It's idiotic business to just say 'fuck it, sell for half the price' because he misses two and a half months of domestic football. He's still the third best player in the world.

And a lot of what I read on Suarez reminds me of the horsejizz minor political parties spout because they know they ain't getting near the hotseat.

"I'd never cheer Suarez again."
"I'd sell him for a cut-rate fee."
"We'll legalise weed."
"We'll abolish University fees."

Regarding the ban itself I think it's largely fair. Escalated from last summer and rightly so.

Doesn't Sturridge's recent injury record worry you for those first 2 months if we keep him? I'd rather we used Lambert when we want to, rather than having to

Mr Cola

https://twitter.com/anderherrera8
1500x500

UHGeulFt.jpeg

WELCOME MY FRIEND

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom